Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for life-sized and other non-licensed 18+ sets

Hello everybody! :classic:

With TLG releaasing the brand new 10280 Flower Bouquet as well as the 10281 Bonsai Tree as 18+ sets in the beginning of 2021, it's obvious that TLG has now in mind us AFOLs as well as life-sized models - even outside of Lego Ideas and partly even as regular sold sets. So I thought that it would be interesting to collect ideas what we would like as future life-sized and other non-licensed 18+ sets. So please share your thoughts!

Here are my wishes for life-sized sets:

• Cactus
  • Venus Flytrap
  • Aloe Vera
  • Christmas Tree (possibly with electric illumination?)
  • Palm
  • Winter Rose
  • Fountain on the Table (maybe real working?)
  • Mechanical Clock (maybe real working?)
  • Safari Landscape Picture (mosaic)
  • Snowy Christmas Landscape Picture (mosaic)
  • Swamp Landscape Picture (mosaic)
  • Beach Landscape Picture (mosaic)

And here are my wishes for other non-licensed 18+ sets:

• Trains Elevated Train (re-design of 6399 Airport Shuttle)
  • City City Center (grand emporium, opera house and office tower with laboratory)
  • Kingdoms Market Place (medieval townhall, towngate, trader's post and bakery)
  • Kingdoms Huge Castle (modular wall system, donjon, hall, stable, gate and draw well)
  • Pirates Soldier's Harbor
  • Pirates Civilian Harbor
  • Ancient Roman and Ancient Egypt sets

What do you think?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Oh, sweet Lord, give me more landmark sets! And some that aren't as repetitive as the Colosseum, Tower Bridge or Taj Mahal. The Mont Saint Michel, Neuschwanstein Castle and Notre-Dame Cathedral are at the top of the wish list!

In the Botanical Collection group, what about a Bird of Paradise Flower?  A kniphofia (Red hot poker) could also be interesting.

On the landmarks front, the difficulty comes from the fact that many of the most impressive buildings are religious, and LEGO has a longstanding strictly non religious policy - hence ‘Winter Village’ rather than ‘Christmas’, and similar.  The only actual church I know of was in 1958.  But it means that buildings like Notre Dame (sorry @Terrasher!), St Basil’s (one of my personal favourites), and St Paul’s in London aren’t really options.  I honestly don’t know the major buildings of other religions - but there must be some for all religions which would be great as landmark sets.  Just please not another sports arena!

Edited by Vilhelm22

I wouldn't mind some real castles, either large Expert size, or architecture size.  Edinburgh castle is on my list.  Or more bridges - Forth bridge, Brooklyn, Golden gate.

I hope for more fairground sets! The tops on my wish list are a free fall tower and a bigger Ferris Wheel!

I'd really like another plane.  The Sopwith Camel in 2014 was the last of those - and before that the Red Baron, Wright Flyer, and a previous Sopwith Camel had all been made, plus the more modern Boeing 787 Dreamliner.  But for comparison the last one was number 10224 - we're now just about to see the release of number 10281.