Jim

Technic General Discussion

Technic General Discussion

Welcome to the Technic General Discussion topic. Here you can post small questions or comments about Lego Technic which don't need a topic of their own. This way we will keep the number of topics limited.

Examples

Has anyone built vehicle x?

Where can I find this or that?

I missed this set on eBay...darn!

Sounds like a nice initiative .... but let me ask this. On EB's webpage there is very litte functionality, especially for searching. I'm on other forums (other hobbies) and one can easily search for specific keywords, one's own posts, ... and plenty other useful info. I cannot seem to find it on the technic subpage. That would make such 'combined' threads usable.

A tip for searching is using google with the "site" tag www.eurobricks.com, so you enter:

"site:www.eurobricks.com search criteria"

This works a lot better than the search functionality of EB itself.

I want to avoid a huge number of small topics, like:

Speaking of SuperCars ... anyone tried the Chrysler Prowler?

Such a question could easily be posted in a general topic.

Darn !!! ... been watching this new/openbox/sealed bags 8450 set on eBay for few days ... wanted to get it but auction ended in the middle of the night ... it sold for under $100!!! ... I am in Italy now and ... had I been home, I would for sure have won it :(

Exactly what this topic is made for. Great work DrJB, thanks :wink::thumbup:

Chitter chatter about Technic.

A tip for searching is using google with the "site" tag www.eurobricks.com, so you enter:

"site:www.eurobricks.com search criteria"

This works a lot better than the search functionality of EB itself.

I want to avoid a huge number of small topics, like:

Speaking of SuperCars ... anyone tried the Chrysler Prowler?

Such a question could easily be posted in a general topic.

Thank You, I'll give it a try. As for the prowler, grazie for picking up an appropriate thread ...

I have been struggling with searching EB in the past as well. Till someone pointed out the google tip. Works like a charm!

By the way; they do have Internet in Italy :laugh::wink:

By the way; they do have Internet in Italy :laugh::wink:

hahaha ... That's what they told me at the hotel lobby too :laugh: ... but could not get it to work :sick: ... and the auction ended at 3:00 AM, I was beyond REM sleep by then.

hahaha ... That's what they told me at the hotel lobby too :laugh: ... but could not get it to work :sick: ... and the auction ended at 3:00 AM, I was beyond REM sleep by then.

:cry3:

Sounds like a nice initiative .... but let me ask this. On EB's webpage there is very litte functionality, especially for searching. I'm on other forums (other hobbies) and one can easily search for specific keywords, one's own posts, ... and plenty other useful info. I cannot seem to find it on the technic subpage. That would make such 'combined' threads usable.

Do you know about the advanced search? It's the little grey gear button next to the search bar.

You can also just go on Google and type: eurobricks........whatever you want.......

:laugh::thumbup:

Do you know about the advanced search? It's the little grey gear button next to the search bar.

Yes I do ... and that is why I was very specific in my comment. To get the search buttons you need to go to the top/home page ... would be nice if the search was available directly from within the Technic sub-page. Problem is, when I am searching for somethig specific while reading a technic thread .... if I go to another page to search, I may get distracted and end up somewhere else ... call it random lego surfing ;)

Edited by DrJB

Has anyone built a Corvette? Also, I'm planning on building one as my first Technic project, but I can't find good specs on engine, gearbox, etc., does anybody know where I can find these? Also a little skeptical of this topic, might be like the Help With Your MOC topic, but we'll just have to see how it goes.

A Corvette? ... Might as well do a Camaro, a Mustang, and other recent Muscle cars ... wait, I think someone did the Chrysler Bumble Bee

Edited by DrJB

Has anyone built a Corvette? Also, I'm planning on building one as my first Technic project, but I can't find good specs on engine, gearbox, etc., does anybody know where I can find these? Also a little skeptical of this topic, might be like the Help With Your MOC topic, but we'll just have to see how it goes.

Jurgen's "Sunbeam" is a Corvette.

OK, well I think my Corvette will be different, I picked it because its ridiculously wide tires are actually nearly the same dimensions as Silver Champion wheels (and yes, I am building it in that scale). I really wish lego would make some thinner wheels, they are almost all very wide compared to real cars.

What year corvette? My father in-law has two and I have been to the National Corvette museum. v/r Andy

I have updated the Technic Index to include a section with useful websites. Feel free to PM or post suggestions, but please refrain from promoting your own blog or website, unless it really is an asset to the community. Thanks.

basebrick.com is also really useful for managing your parts collection.

Of course! Added! Thanks Jan :thumbup:

Regarding the "has anyone built a X" I'm currently unable to build for a few months as of Yr12 exams are soon and that my IR receivers are not getting any power any more( any one had this problem before? i've have motors with the same problem ) has anyone built a Jeep mighty FC, the concept for 2012? I have an almost perfect chassis and axles(in unimog on my flickr) for it but lack the panels, time and receivers. Another vehicle is the Chainlink 4X4.

I noticed some people on EB have been talking about 'illegal and legal techniques'. What is meant by this? Could anyone give me some examples? Thanks in advance. :)