Sariel

Powered Upp app updates: how to create custom control profiles for your MOCs and steer by tilting your phone

My apologies if there's a tutorial on the recent updates to the Powered Up app somewhere - I haven't been able to find one. Having spent a couple of days playing with recent updates to the app, here's some stuff I figured out so far. I'm sure somebody can contribute with more:

• how to create custom control profiles with drive & steering motors (also works for the C+ Servo motor)
  • how to set up joysticks, end-to-end buttons, sliders and how to enable controlling motors by tilting your device
  • how to set up display of a motor's speed or position

This is very helpful! I'll add it to the Osprey reconstruction thread so that people can get around the requirement for the dumb hub.

Thanks a lot for the video, this info should come handy when I get to the actually attempting to drive my WIP excavator, even though I'm using the RI hub. Should have enough similarities (and if not, then I'll have to resort to learning Python...)

Resurrecting an old thread: 
Has anyone used this app since the updates? I'm trying to program my controller for my MOC and the updates have changed the blocks around quite a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

5 hours ago, TexasEngineer454 said:

Resurrecting an old thread: 
Has anyone used this app since the updates? I'm trying to program my controller for my MOC and the updates have changed the blocks around quite a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Here you'll find links to the official documentation.

THanks @Andman

I found that thread after posting here. Unfortunately I don't think I can get the type of controls I need out of the PU app. Back to using Brickcontroller and an old XBOX remote for me. 

8 minutes ago, TexasEngineer454 said:

THanks @Andman

I found that thread after posting here. Unfortunately I don't think I can get the type of controls I need out of the PU app. Back to using Brickcontroller and an old XBOX remote for me. 

Out of curiosity: What are you trying to achieve?

Was trying to control multiple PU motors with just my smartphone for my Landrover MOC. But the coding issues and the lack of precise control made it almost impossible to drive. Brickcontroller seems to be easier to use and interface with my xbox remote. 

I'm just starting to learn more about the PU hubs and motors. I'm not as familiar with buzzwizz and it seems it's not as easily available in the US anyways.