5 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

I wonder when TLG is gonna post more official leaks or at least give someone like @Sariel  it for early review.

It comes out in june right? so just over a month to go

Nope, a schedule from StoneWars:

Number Name                                                                  Price     Parts  Release

42128 Towtruck 149,99€ 2017 August 2021  
  42129 4x4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Offroad-Truck 299,99€ 2108 August 2021  
  42126 [IP-Vehicle 18+] 149,99€ 1379 October 2021  
  42131 CAT D11T Bulldozer [18+] 449,99€ 3854 October 2021  
  42127 [IP-Vehicle] $99,99 ??? ???  
  42130 ??? ??? ??? ???
Edited by Jundis

23 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Nope, a schedule from StoneWars:

Number Name                                                                  Price     Parts  Release

42128 Towtruck 149,99€ 2017 August 2021  
  42129 4x4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Offroad-Truck 299,99€ 2108 August 2021  
  42126 [IP-Vehicle 18+] 149,99€ 1379 October 2021  
  42131 CAT D11T Bulldozer [18+] 449,99€ 3854 October 2021  
  42127 [IP-Vehicle] $99,99 ??? ???  
  42130 ??? ??? ??? ???

WHAT!!!

AUGUST??

Edited by SNIPE

I can confirm that I've heard nothing about the new Technic wave from LEGO yet. The "review window" has been moving around a lot lately and seems to depend on the licensed partner. For example I got the McLaren set very early and it was initially embargoed until early December, but then McLaren requested moving it to January 1st, which was way too late from the market's point of view.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

That's been the typical release month for years.

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

I can confirm that I've heard nothing about the new Technic wave from LEGO yet. The "review window" has been moving around a lot lately and seems to depend on the licensed partner. For example I got the McLaren set very early and it was initially embargoed until early December, but then McLaren requested moving it to January 1st, which was way too late from the market's point of view.

OK thanks all

Edited by SNIPE

19 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

It’s actually one stud longer, and as far as I know, it’s called an angular L motor. So yeah, I’d expect something smaller for an M. The one in the Volvo is the XL I think. Great motors though, and you can easily get 4 from a single Mindstorms set.

Well, according to Bricklink, the larger one is called Large, and the smaller one is called Small, and there isn't any one called medium, which seriously hurts my theory.

16 hours ago, HectorMB said:

Indeed, one M-motor as the one released in the new Minstorms Lego set (54696c01) would be great, in my opinion. But I really don't think that it would happen as, despite their obvious similarities, TLC already showed some reluctancy to mix electric components among these categories. Anyway, let's see!

Well, Lego did use the Mindstorms/Spike Prime Large angular motor in the Volvo hauler, so I don't see why they would mine using the small one in a different Technic set. As noted above, though, there really isn't any reason anymore to think it would be this one, though.

One of my sources told me today that the prize of the Zetros has changed again. And that's good news, because according to her/him the model will cost 299€. Yippee! :)

Edit: It seems to be true: a pricemark is always a snap-shot :)

Edited by Brick-a-brac

19 minutes ago, Brick-a-brac said:

One of my sources told me today that the prize of the Zetros has changed again. And that's good news, because according to her/him the model will cost 299€. Yippee! :)

Edit: It seems to be true: a pricemark is always a snap-shot :)

Do you have any news for the part count?

So far, StoneWars seems right with both the name and the price of the model. But I really can't imagine how they end up with 2000+ pieces in just a 4x4 trial truck, even if they go with high detailed cab with system pieces ... still 50 € more than the 42114... for just 1 motor more...

Suspension have much more parts than axles on Volvo, but I agree that until official images appear it is hard to tell where are those 2000+ parts...

I was hoping that @Brick-a-brac has information about tire dimensions since no images are allowed to be published

Edited by I_Igor

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

it is hard to tell where are those 2000+ parts...

Licensed bodywork can take up a significant fraction. Remember how much went into detailing the cabin of the Arocs?

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Licensed bodywork can take up a significant fraction. Remember how much went into detailing the cabin of the Arocs?

You're right. That could also be a factor...

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

You're right. That could also be a factor...

Given the increasing obsession TLG has been growing for the past five years with licensed models having detailed bodywork, it wouldn't surprise me if it's a significant factor here.

47 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Given the increasing obsession TLG has been growing for the past five years with licensed models having detailed bodywork, it wouldn't surprise me if it's a significant factor here.

Sounds plausible; as I usually look ne sets for new parts I often neglect that fact. One key factor is that I have no place for additional sets; have 2 Xerions in the box, one 42000 and one 42095 still in the box and the only thing that is interesting to me are new tractor tires to see if I can transform to 1;18 scale from 1;15...that could enable myself to make few U.S trucks that I wanted last 10 years or so,,,I'm only sorry that Ingmar could not see this :cry3: 

but, back to topic...

Hi guys! I have rebuilt the shape of the Zetros and the rear axle in stud.io and you can find the pictures in my new video: ALLE INFOS zum LEGO® Technic 42129 Mercedes-Benz ZETROS + erste BILDER zur LEGO® Neuheit 2021 [LEAK] - YouTube

In the comment section you can find a pinned comment with an english summary about all the things I talked about in the video :)

And we have got a new source: Promobricks. Last week I was invited to a livestream on their YouTube channel and there we talked about all the latest news concerning upcoming Lego sets and even about the Technic sets and the Zetros. And they claimed during the livestream that they know about the 4x4 version and even have seen some pictures of new Zetros! You can find the link to this livestream in the video description. I hope, I could help!

Well, that's interesting, I guess I won't speculate too much, and wait for the final product.

But by looking at the video, some things surprised me :

• The panel used as seats are not blue. This might be the first set that uses these panel as seat that uses them in an other color than blue.
  • What is the point of the blue gear in the axle ? To make a differential lock with the new differential, it only needs one selector. So IMO, the blue gear might have an other usage…
  • And considering the scale, the price seems high… (But that seems to be the case with every PU set.)

Thanks for the update!

According to your .io-pic, the front completely lost its signiture outer form, it just looks so bland now...

Also: Is there really no angle on the front of the fenders?

The interesting part really are the diff-locks, I hope it really is a fully functional gearbox+difflock

Another surprising change is in thd front grill. To me the 21 and 22 small panels look better than stack of thin liftarms.

Agreed with the above. The grille in the video looks pretty boring, panels would've made for so much better looking grille as Ngoc Nguyen said...

6 hours ago, Brick-a-brac said:

I have rebuilt the shape of the Zetros and the rear axle in stud.io

Previously, you said it would have independent suspension (I understood both axles, but maybe you only meant the front one?), but from your build, this seems like a live axle (which is more promising). Thanks for the build, I kind of like the overall shape much more than the one on the leaked photo.

Did they really use black half bushings for the grill? Feels a bit weird to after all these years revive a piece that only came in one set. I wouldn't be complaining though :laugh: 

22 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Did they really use black half bushings for the grill? Feels a bit weird to after all these years revive a piece that only came in one set. I wouldn't be complaining though :laugh: 

We need the blue ones back as well!

I don't remember waiting for a set like this one recently. 

If the car body looks like in a video render, I start picking my feet :wub:

7 hours ago, Touc4nx said:

Well, that's interesting, I guess I won't speculate too much, and wait for the final product.

But by looking at the video, some things surprised me :

• The panel used as seats are not blue. This might be the first set that uses these panel as seat that uses them in an other color than blue.
  • What is the point of the blue gear in the axle ? To make a differential lock with the new differential, it only needs one selector. So IMO, the blue gear might have an other usage…
  • And considering the scale, the price seems high… (But that seems to be the case with every PU set.)

1. Yes, TLG has used blue seats for many models but black ones are already included in the 42122 Jeep Wrangler for example.

2. And I can't get the blue gear out of my head as well. Unfortunately I can't see on the picture how it is linked to the drive train. This is the last major mystery.

3. If it's true that we will get new tires, a new motor and new parts (the modified liftarm with perpendicular holes in different sizes) it might explain the higher price compared to the 42114 Volvo.

7 hours ago, Jundis said:

Thanks for the update!

According to your .io-pic, the front completely lost its signiture outer form, it just looks so bland now...

Also: Is there really no angle on the front of the fenders?

The interesting part really are the diff-locks, I hope it really is a fully functional gearbox+difflock

1. Well I think the new front of the Zetros is a bit of a downgrade compared to the old one. Maybe TLG has changed it because it's already used in many MOCs, but that's just my guess. 

2. I'm sorry I can't see that part good enough on the pictures.

2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Previously, you said it would have independent suspension (I understood both axles, but maybe you only meant the front one?), but from your build, this seems like a live axle (which is more promising). Thanks for the build, I kind of like the overall shape much more than the one on the leaked photo.

At first, I just discovered the 5x1 steering arm with the rounded tow ball socket on both axles and thought that must be an independent suspension, but while building the rear axle I realized that at least the rear axle must be a live axle. I really can't tell if the front axle is also a live axle because this part is so small on the picture that I can hardly see it. It seems to me, that the 5x1 steering arm on the front axle is connected with two pins to the chassis but I'm not that sure :/

Please consider, that not every detail on the final model might exactly look like how I built it in stud.io because some parts are to small and the background is dark while the model itself is grey and black - so some details are really hard to see. 

By the way, the Zetros will have windscreen wipers (even though there is no windscreen), but I just couldn't rebuild these.

12 minutes ago, Brick-a-brac said:

2. And I can't get the blue gear out of my head as well. Unfortunately I can't see on the picture how it is linked to the drive train. This is the last major mystery.

13 minutes ago, Brick-a-brac said:

2. I'm sorry I can't see that part good enough on the pictures.

I'm willing to help! Just send me the images :grin: