1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

Thanks; that means tire is 81.6 x 34-38 ( most likely) on wheel technic racing small 43.2 x 26.

Now let's hope that there will be some other set like Ninjago or similar theme using same tire to get them more often since I need about 20 of them for my ongoing projects...

Kind regards

you're welcome! Glad, I could help. I hope, that the wheel hub from the 42099 will be in more sets in the future, I need them for my 42070 MOC. But I guess they won't get cheaper, since the Zetros should cost about 330€-350€... :/

1 minute ago, Brick-a-brac said:

you're welcome! Glad, I could help. I hope, that the wheel hub from the 42099 will be in more sets in the future, I need them for my 42070 MOC. But I guess they won't get cheaper, since the Zetros should cost about 330€-350€... :/

My main interest are tires; since I have lots of PF elements and do not want to use additional devices like smartphone or tablet, I'm not worried about price. Looking forward to see official images.

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

My main interest are tires; since I have lots of PF elements and do not want to use additional devices like smartphone or tablet, I'm not worried about price. Looking forward to see official images.

Regarding official images, my source told me that it will take some time until we will get official images. It seems to her/him, that TLG doesn't give the Zetros top priority.

4 minutes ago, Brick-a-brac said:

Regarding official images, my source told me that it will take some time until we will get official images. It seems to her/him, that TLG doesn't give the Zetros top priority.

I see. But in month or two it could happen.

I certainly hope that there will be a gearbox, as rumored, but I don't see how Lego would do it with an M-motor, since the current PU M-motor does not have the position encoding that would allow for more precise control, as in the Volvo hauler. If the rumor is true, I suppose we would need either A. A new M-motor with position encoding, B. A basic two-speed gearbox with a slip clutch and somewhat imprecise control, C. A fan-PF-model style four-speed that requires some skill to shift, which seems unlikely for Lego to do, or D. somehow the differential lock got confused with the gearbox.

Probably option B. is the most likely, though A. would be the most exciting.

Thanks for sharing this information, though!

14 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I certainly hope that there will be a gearbox, as rumored, but I don't see how Lego would do it with an M-motor, since the current PU M-motor does not have the position encoding that would allow for more precise control, as in the Volvo hauler. If the rumor is true, I suppose we would need either A. A new M-motor with position encoding, B. A basic two-speed gearbox with a slip clutch and somewhat imprecise control, C. A fan-PF-model style four-speed that requires some skill to shift, which seems unlikely for Lego to do, or D. somehow the differential lock got confused with the gearbox.

B. was my expectation but now I'm really insecure due to the orange gear element next to the differential. I am going to ask my source for another picture from a different angle.

18 minutes ago, Brick-a-brac said:

B. was my expectation but now I'm really insecure due to the orange gear element next to the differential. I am going to ask my source for another picture from a different angle.

Ok, thanks!

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

To put things in perspective, this thing is even more expensive than the premium Porsche 42056...

For 4 PU motors and 4 new tractor tires it looks really to expensive. But I'm really interested in those pictures to be public

According to my source, it's more expensive than the comparable 42114 Volvo Articulated Hauler (nearly the same piece count, with licence, motorized). 

Nevertheless, this is the price my source told me two weeks ago. Of course, TLG could have changed the price in the meantime, or maybe will change it in the near future - it's always a snap-shot until the information is officially confirmed. And TLG even raised the price when a set is normally available (like they did with the 8043).

3 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

That’s a really good point about the M motor! After the Volvo Hauler, I don’t think TLG would go with B. It would have been even easier for them just to put a fourth L motor there. But a new M motor with position encoding could explain part of the high price, and that existing PU M motor really does not fit into the PU line (also lacks some pin connections for technic builds), so I am really hoping for a revised version of it.

Furthermore, a gearbox and locking differential are not necessarily mutually exclusive. For example, a low gear could at the same time lock the differential.

A motor which is small and just powerful enough to flip the pneumatic switches would be really welcome. Right now operating gearbox or pneumatic switch is really cumbersome due to the motors which are far too powerful and thus unnecessarily large for this kind of lightweight application. Hopefully something like this is in the works.

You know, I learned long ago not to expect too much out of a set until official release pictures, or put much faith in speculative posts but in all honesty, this thing just seems to be sounding worse and worse.

Hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised but as of now it sounds like an easy pass for me, 180 degree turn around from a couple of months ago.

On 4/15/2021 at 11:59 AM, 1974 said:

I predict nine out of seven EB Technic users will be very dissapointed with this set :wall:

:roflmao:

11 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

a gearbox and locking differential are not necessarily mutually exclusive. For example, a low gear could at the same time lock the differential.

i doubt there'll be diff lock on an official model. Its an opportunity to break something and i suspect the very strict release criteria are to not allow anything that can cause component failure. But i'd like to be wrong! Maybe partial locking with a clutch would be more likely.

15 hours ago, Brick-a-brac said:

It seems to her/him, that TLG doesn't give the Zetros top priority.

What is their top priority then?

Same as for other similar companies: profit optimization. :tongue:

15 minutes ago, agrof said:

Same as for other similar companies: profit optimization. :tongue:

New tractor tires could be good excuse for that; or new m-motor with position sensor; or something else?

On 4/18/2021 at 12:22 PM, 2GodBDGlory said:

Let me add an option E.

E. Perhaps the source confused the PU M-motor with the Medium Angular motor, as seen in the new Mindstorms set. The Volvo hauler showed that Lego doesn't mind putting angular motors in Technic sets, and this motor would be both Medium and have the position encoding.

Of course, this is all rather wild speculation, but it is rather fun!

4 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Let me add an option E.

E. Perhaps the source confused the PU M-motor with the Medium Angular motor, as seen in the new Mindstorms set. The Volvo hauler showed that Lego doesn't mind putting angular motors in Technic sets, and this motor would be both Medium and have the position encoding.

Of course, this is all rather wild speculation, but it is rather fun!

I really hope that's not the case, as the medium angular motor isn't meaningfully smaller than the linear large motor...

31 minutes ago, howitzer said:

I really hope that's not the case, as the medium angular motor isn't meaningfully smaller than the linear large motor...

It’s actually one stud longer, and as far as I know, it’s called an angular L motor. So yeah, I’d expect something smaller for an M. The one in the Volvo is the XL I think. Great motors though, and you can easily get 4 from a single Mindstorms set.

Indeed, one M-motor as the one released in the new Minstorms Lego set (54696c01) would be great, in my opinion. But I really don't think that it would happen as, despite their obvious similarities, TLC already showed some reluctancy to mix electric components among these categories. Anyway, let's see!

I wonder when TLG is gonna post more official leaks or at least give someone like @Sariel  it for early review.

It comes out in june right? so just over a month to go

Edited by SNIPE