TechnicBricks is also saying there will be a 4x4 Mercedes Zetros of some sort.  

"Today another set from the LEGO Technic 2H2021 wave - 42129 "4x4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Tri..".
This one will arrive in August, with a price tag should be in the range of 289,99€ - 299,99€."

Yep, RC driving is highly probable. The question is, what other functions will there be beside driving? Being a truck it could be almost anything, though I hope it'll be something else than a dumper, as those have already been seen with the Arocs and as fully remote in the Volvo.

Zetros being an off-road truck, I'm also expecting a proper suspension setup and four-wheel drive.

5 minutes ago, Jockos said:

What if it has the "dumb" C+ battery box? So not RC, but at least motorized functions

The rumoured price seems too high for a four wheel vehicle with a simple hub and two motors. Unless it has pneumatics. I’m really hoping it’s got RC pneumatics, however unlikely.

23 minutes ago, Andman said:

Is there a non Facebook link available?

On Pc you do not need to login to read ...

26 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The rumoured price seems too high for a four wheel vehicle with a simple hub and two motors. Unless it has pneumatics. I’m really hoping it’s got RC pneumatics, however unlikely.

Non-RC would be with huge tires...perhaps we will get one with 68.7 x 27 tires or even 75.1 from buggy (perfect size IMHO, but buggy tire has not some ideal tread pattern for Zetros; looks like tread from motocross bike...)

...since until today I did not find Zetros with tractor tires...

13 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

...since until today I did not find Zetros with tractor tires...

In real or as a MOC?

2 minutes ago, jrx said:

In real or as a MOC?

Real on Jan ... you know that I try to make realistic models; but also you know that I don't succeed very often :laugh:

Just now, I_Igor said:

Real on Jan

I think that's close enough:

dc4bf956c630c007.jpg

Just now, I_Igor said:

I try to make realistic models; but also you know that I don't succeed very often

Oh come on! You're kidding me.

19 minutes ago, jrx said:

I think that's close enough:

Oh come on! You're kidding me.

Well I'm stacked with telehandlers steering (and time); at least Fastrac is finished (until LEGO releases 95mm tire than I'll be tempoted to make 1:18 scale 8330 model). Yesterday I have done front axle with PF M-motor to act like servo (got an Idea from 42124 set)

57 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Yesterday I have done front axle with PF M-motor to act like servo (got an Idea from 42124 set)

Sounds good :thumbup:

Just now, jrx said:

Sounds good :thumbup:

And it is small enough to free up central part of chassis to squeeze technic battery box inside... (sorry @Jim if I wen't to much off-topic but 42124 set impressed me with steering idea) so perhaps if Zetros will be RC this could be used here.

btw Jan, I'm working parallel on smaller Unimog U219 and made more narrow portal axles...but @MajklSpajkl beat me with his gorgeus U400 model

Beat you? No, he has just released it earlier :) So back to your brick table ;) And here back to the topic: I'm curious how TLG built the front of the Zetros. Will they use Control+? Which functions? Maybe pneumatics? Really looking forward that set.

11 minutes ago, jrx said:

Beat you? No, he has just released it earlier :) So back to your brick table ;) And here back to the topic: I'm curious how TLG built the front of the Zetros. Will they use Control+? Which functions? Maybe pneumatics? Really looking forward that set.

Me too, but I think first step is the tire size; based on that info we will got possible dimensions and then how to use on axles...Zetros has only front steering, so I can imagine one C+ l-motor on front axle that would fit under chassis (trucks like Unimog or Zetros have wider chassis than tractors and Zetros does not have portal axles so axle is lower) and one xl driving central differnetial...

I could always appreciate TLG doing RC trucks. However, I think it'd be better if they could sell it separately without electronics...

Would love to see a non-RC truck like 42043 - well designed and full of functions. Regarding the wheels: I think they'll use the big rims either with normal tread pattern or tractor tread pattern.

25 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This = instant buy

No, this one I own already :laugh:

Mercedes-Benz_Zetros_GTF_6x6.JPG

Looks military. Will probably be canceled.

:tongue:

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

Looks military. Will probably be canceled.

Dont worry, I'll conduct regular inspection at my local toy store, just like I did this summer :tongue:

10 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Dont worry, I'll conduct regular inspection at my local toy store, just like I did this summer :tongue:

LoL.

And I will get myself a copy from Russia with love.

For this, I'm really hoping for a similar featureset to the unimog: One motor with gearbox, compressor, and pneumatics. But no motorised drive.

Anyway since it is 4 x 4 then it would be 1833 model...but with which equipment?

I’m gonna make an educated guess here, because this ~$530AUD price has me scratching my head.

I’m predicting that it’s a four motor RC crane truck with a motorised compressor and slewing, but with manually operated pneumatic outriggers and crane. Both 42099 and 42114 were ~$400AUD here, and were similar sets in motor count without pneumatics.

For the piece count, I’m predicting that it’ll be similar to the Arocs, if not slightly less.

This does seem like a pretty advanced prediction for a set, but the Mercedes Technic license has always produced incredible sets, and this would certainly fit the bill.

Edited by Bartybum