dhc6twinotter

42129 - 4x4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There are a hub and one or two motors in there.

Hopfully more than two motors, I hope for 4 though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Mmmm no you really can’t. The rear skirt is level along its entire length. I get you don’t like the set - I have my problems too - but you’re clearly just looking for things to be upset by.

Nope, I've checked the image and there is some slanting going on. Check the top edge of the image and compare it to the rear skirt.

Edited by Maaboo35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Nope, I've checked the image and there is some slanting going on. Check the top edge of the image and compare it to the rear skirt.

You really want to see something, what is not there, sorry. The edge of image is never a good reference, as the picture of the target can be tilted (by purpose in editing, by mistake while somebody took a picture, whatever). Example:

800x421.JPG

Actually the Zetros is rotated slightly clockwise on the referred screenshot.

800x400.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotating the image counter-clockwise would make the front axle look even lower. The wireframe image used in the CONTROL+ illustration REALLY accentuates it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

The wireframe image used in the CONTROL+ illustration REALLY accentuates it.

Yeah it's visible in the wireframe image, on the order of two or three studs, but not in the side view.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Nope, I've checked the image and there is some slanting going on. Check the top edge of the image and compare it to the rear skirt.

If anything, I could accept that the skirt is ever so slightly unlevel, but if anything it's slightly tail-up due to sagging weight like Ngoc said. To suggest it looks like a dog dragging its wormy butthole across the carpet is plain stupid.

Edited by Bartybum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

Yeah it's visible in the wireframe image, on the order of two or three studs

Then there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Then there you go.

You said it was obvious in the side view. You were wrong. In any case I'm done here lol

Edited by Bartybum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

You can see the actual body tilting backwards. It's subtle, but once I noticed it I couldn't unsee it.

You are falling victim to an illusion. It's level. And even if it isn't because of tiny height differences because of the suspension... It's nothing i would complain about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andman said:

You are falling victim to an illusion. It's level. And even if it isn't because of tiny height differences because of the suspension... It's nothing i would complain about.

It looks like TLG have used shadow to disguise it a little, but I still think the front axle looks lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

It looks like TLG have used shadow to disguise it a little, but I still think the front axle looks lower.

Seriously... :-D No offense, but seems you are a little obsessed ;) And even if you are right in the end. Then what?

I would care more about how they build the drive train, the suspension, the control interface and the performance.

And BTW, first you said the body is tilting backwards. And now you are saying that the front axle is lower, which basically means the body is tilting frontwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andman said:

And now you are saying that the front axle is lower, which basically means the body is tilting frontwards.

Oh, for the love of - seriously. If the front AXLE is situated lower than the rear axle, then it'll push the body UP at the front and cause it to tilt BACKWARD.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

Oh, for the love of - seriously. If the front AXLE is situated lower than the rear axle, then it'll push the body UP at the front and cause it to tilt BACKWARD.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING.

Ok, now i know what you mean. Just misunderstood you. But still... There is more to care about then a tiny, tiny, subtle difference in height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andman said:

Ok, now i know what you mean. Just misunderstood you. But still... There is more to care about then a tiny, tiny, subtle difference in height.

Just saying it's there, that's all. It probably is just the suspension, but it is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guys... I've seen real trucks bend more.

It's made of plastic which bends... heck also the shock absorbers and tyres may compress under the weight. And since the hub is placed in front I would expect the front to be a bit heavier than the rear.

 

Edited by Zerobricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be something as simple as lens distortion or post-production correction (although I can't see the issue in the side on image) , if it is actually a photograph and not a render.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brickend said:

It could be something as simple as lens distortion or post-production correction (although I can't see the issue in the side on image) , if it is actually a photograph and not a render.

The review embargo date for this thing is the 16th of July, so we should be seeing good images shortly. Then we'll see if it actually does look like a dog with worms dragging its bum across the carpet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

The review embargo date for this thing is the 16th of July, so we should be seeing good images shortly. Then we'll see if it actually does look like a dog with worms dragging its bum across the carpet...

Come on, this set isn’t that bad. Yes it’s very expensive, and yes there are better looking MOCs out there, but still it is a decent looking trial truck, with new tractor tires, and remote controlled, so I don’t see why beeing so harsh. Critisism is ok, but this is overdone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using an app as a "remote" is pure dog bum though ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Rebel_Lego said:

Come on, this set isn’t that bad. Yes it’s very expensive, and yes there are better looking MOCs out there, but still it is a decent looking trial truck, with new tractor tires, and remote controlled, so I don’t see why beeing so harsh. Critisism is ok, but this is overdone.

I haven't criticized this set that much. I made a comment about the stance looking off. That's really it.

26 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Using an app as a "remote" is pure dog bum though ..

Sorry '74, but TLG ain't listening...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'35, TLG will be selling legacy apps for only 99EUR in the years to come :cannon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame TLG didn't go with this colour scheme, considering the limited use of yellowish orange hitherto.

maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Shame TLG didn't go with this colour scheme, considering the limited use of yellowish orange hitherto.

 

In this color it would be worthy successor of 42099 set and IMHO it could be more suitable for some trial trucking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But that is camouflage = military = BAD! Also, it would be a sticker nightmare. Looks cool though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A light or dark azure cabin and yellowish orange rear section would look great on this thing.

On that note, the actual rear section looks like it's bright green. Could this colour be making a comeback?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

A light or dark azure cabin and yellowish orange rear section would look great on this thing.

On that note, the actual rear section looks like it's bright green. Could this colour be making a comeback?

In the LEGO ideas typewriter bright green 3x5 L-beams are used...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.