5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I’m gonna make an educated guess here, because this ~$530AUD price has me scratching my head.

I’m predicting that it’s a four motor RC crane truck with a motorised compressor and slewing, but with manually operated pneumatic outriggers and crane. Both 42099 and 42114 were ~$400AUD here, and were similar sets in motor count without pneumatics.

For the piece count, I’m predicting that it’ll be similar to the Arocs, if not slightly less.

This does seem like a pretty advanced prediction for a set, but the Mercedes Technic license has always produced incredible sets, and this would certainly fit the bill.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat, especially if it included long actuators for pneumatics.

Honestly I'm interested in (eventual) new parts or some solutions because I plan to make 1:15 Zetros one day...

...but it has leaf springs...

On 12/17/2020 at 2:53 PM, jrx said:

Would love to see a non-RC truck like 42043 - well designed and full of functions. Regarding the wheels: I think they'll use the big rims either with normal tread pattern or tractor tread pattern.

I think it would be a trial truck with steering and drive (RC) perhaps a winch in style that we offer see in Tatra MOCs...

Edited by I_Igor

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

I think it would be a trial truck with steering and drive (RC) perhaps a winch in style that we offer see in Tatra MOCs...

It needs something else too, or else $530AUD is just a waste

It's been too long since Lego had a proper truck in their line-up too, can't wait to see what it'll look like though.
Pricepoint wise and it being a 4x4, it'll probably be the same scale as the unimog right?

According to mercedes's website, the suffixe 'Mercedes Zetros tri' means it will have 3 axles, so it's more likely a 6X6...

13 minutes ago, steph77 said:

According to mercedes's website, the suffixe 'Mercedes Zetros tri' means it will have 3 axles, so it's more likely a 6X6...

And boom, 42070 reloaded :) 

image.png.c1da936fea44b490dfc76a0d4b2cd7ec.png

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

I can already see people asking why their wheels are not spinning in the same direction as soon as the set is released.

Having said that, I sure hope we get a fully controlled crane and a driveline with a gearbox, so the model can crawl and reach some decent speed.

Edited by Zerobricks

image.png.c1da936fea44b490dfc76a0d4b2cd7ec.png

Well, I hope it looks like this, in the scale of 8110 Unimog, with only one motor to drive compressor, with lots of long pneumatic cylinders (no remote control) , with big block fake engine, with proper suspension and drivetrain, and probably with an interesting function never seen before. 

Edited by Interceptor

48 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I can already see people asking why their wheels are not spinning in the same direction as soon as the set is released.

:laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, steph77 said:

Well in the topics title is the same like on technicbrick etc...and after model designation is written Tri... That could be Trial truck :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

26 minutes ago, Interceptor said:

Well, I hope it looks like this

Honestly I really hope it does not look like this. Designers should come up with something new regarding the extra functions, there were so many cranes on wheels..

11 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Honestly I really hope it does not look like this. Designers should come up with something new regarding the extra functions, there were so many cranes on wheels..

Second this. I dont want another truck mounted with a crane. 42128 Heavy Duty Tow Truck already did that. When I search for articles related to the Zetros, most results feature Zetros as a mobile expedition home. I really hope this version will be implemented. It can be the successor for 42069.

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Second this. I dont want another truck mounted with a crane. 42128 Heavy Duty Tow Truck already did that. When I search for articles related to the Zetros, most results feature Zetros as a mobile expedition home. I really hope this version will be implemented. It can be the successor for 42069.

For a 300€ set, what functions would you expect to see on an expedition truck?

I’d take a crane truck any day of the week. I don’t want to pay $530AUD for a tarted up box on wheels.

That being said, my prediction of a crane truck didn’t take the heavy duty tow truck into account, so now I’m not so certain that it will be one.

9 hours ago, Interceptor said:

Well, I hope it looks like this, in the scale of 8110 Unimog, with only one motor to drive compressor, with lots of long pneumatic cylinders (no remote control) , with big block fake engine, with proper suspension and drivetrain, and probably with an interesting function never seen before. 

I hope it's one of these:

Edited by Bartybum

Do not have to high expectations since 42099 had  MSRP ~~250€...if Zetros would be motorized...

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Do not have to high expectations since 42099 had  MSRP ~~250€...if Zetros would be motorized...

Yeah you’re probably right. TLG are just gonna do what they always do and charge ridiculous money for milquetoast sets.

I built one Zetros a few years ago, so I'm curious how they will make a cabin. Will it be similar?

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

I have a feeling it would be something like that

That would be the real "shut up and take my money" version :) No cranes, thank you :D 

That would be the real "shut up and take my money" version :) No cranes, thank you :D 

And if there would be new tires even I could reconsider control+ :devil:

...and perhaps color from 42099 could be re-used...

ah yes can’t wait to only be able to open the doors on my plastic shoebox :tongue:

Edited by Bartybum

Just now, Bartybum said:

Ah yes can’t wait to only be able to open the doors on my plastic shoebox

:laugh:

... and people say that you down under do not have sense of humor...

16 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

ah yes can’t wait to only be able to open the doors on my plastic shoebox :tongue:

Nothing's gonna top the shoebox that came with the Mack, let's be honest.

6 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Nothing's gonna top the shoebox that came with the Mack, let's be honest.

I do wish that they did a container tank for the Mack, that would’ve been much more interesting

Anyways, people out here acting like the last time we got a proper big crane truck set wasn’t half a decade ago :cry_sad: and no 42070 does not count

Edited by Bartybum

Actually for 250 Euro we will get either motorized but poorly detailed Zetros, or fully Manual, but functional model. imho.

3 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Actually for 250 Euro we will get either motorized but poorly detailed Zetros, or fully Manual, but functional model. imho.

I have feeling the first version...but it could be smaller (based in 81.6 tires) and relatively detailed cab and just panels for rear section containing hub...