4 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Well that sounds really good, in that case, I can also offer you the building instructions of my Unimog alternate above ;)

Hehe, thanks for the offer, but I will start with the one Tim made (after my vacation, so it won't be online soon). I'm struggling to find time for things as it is, so I will take it one at a time.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Hehe, thanks for the offer, but I will start with the one Tim made (after my vacation, so it won't be online soon). I'm struggling to find time for things as it is, so I will take it one at a time.

Sure, of course, no rush, I also meant after that, if you have the time and the interest.

On 9/21/2021 at 3:05 PM, Milan said:

Perhaps @Philo may know a thing or two about it.

On 9/21/2021 at 6:18 PM, gyenesvi said:

Does anybody know if the new parts are also available in Studio? I checked @Philo's page and did not find anything yet.

Oh sorry I missed these pings! All Zetros parts are now on LDraw parts tracker (including the shield with Mercedes logo). And I made a parts pack for Studio, available here: https://philohome.com/studio/packs.htm

21 minutes ago, Philo said:

All Zetros parts are now on LDraw parts tracker

Yes, I have recently found them, and already used the tires in my alternate, thanks a lot!

I want to buy some custom off road rims and tires to make this model look more like the real Zetros. Can anyone recommend some websites or vendors with international shipping?

1 minute ago, Jundis said:

@TLG: Please take note at 2:23 - 2:29.

Small differential is always welcome, but I wonder how reliable will it be (there are no smaller bevel gears than 12 tooth)?

2 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Small differential is always welcome, but I wonder how reliable will it be (there are no smaller bevel gears than 12 tooth)?

My intention was to stress the part: "...provides high ground clearance..." :wink:

32 minutes ago, Jundis said:

My intention was to stress the part: "...provides high ground clearance..." :wink:

Understand; Lego Zetros has "good ground clearance" for a living room...and tires are of more plastified material than I would like...

6 hours ago, 1gor said:

I keep dreaming of a small (3x3x3) differential :) probably doable with integrated gears like the planetary hub. But then the next problem would be driving it, as the driving gear and axle could be at most half a stud thick.. So the next step should be integrating it with a housing that serves as the axle center, and the female part of the driving CV joint, just as in the planetary hub. That could be the starting point for building thinner axles with more ground clearance.. Would have been nice if TLG focused on this instead of the diff lock that results in an enormous axle..

Just now, gyenesvi said:

I keep dreaming of a small (3x3x3) differential :) probably doable with integrated gears like the planetary hub. But then the next problem would be driving it, as the driving gear and axle could be at most half a stud thick.. So the next step should be integrating it with a housing that serves as the axle center, and the female part of the driving CV joint, just as in the planetary hub. That could be the starting point for building thinner axles with more ground clearance.. Would have been nice if TLG focused on this instead of the diff lock that results in an enormous axle..

...and I suppose that we would need new frame for differential housing...idea is cool

Just now, 1gor said:

...and I suppose that we would need new frame for differential housing...idea is cool

I mean the diff and its frame would have to be integrated into one enclosed unit. I think it would be possible to make it 5 studs wide (with mounting points), 3 studs tall and 4 studs in length. The length would be 4 studs because if the actual diff inside is a bit less than 3 studs, then on the front side, the female part of the CV joint could be built in.

Yet another Zetros alternate is coming: Jeep Wrangler featuring a 2-speed gearbox coupled with an RWD/AWD lock (high gear is RWD, low gear is AWD), well articulated live axles, and the obvious openables, detachable roof. More images on Bricksafe.

800x600.png

800x600.png

800x600.JPG

Edited by gyenesvi

11 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Yet another Zetros alternate

Looks are just spot on, great work! I never thought so many brilliant B-models would be done from this rather ugly A-model :D

5 hours ago, Igor1 said:

@gyenesvi I really like! What a pity that there is no bottom view.

4 hours ago, Jundis said:

Looks are just spot on, great work!

Thanks, I have just added a bottom view to Bricksafe, you can check it out on the link above! I will write up the details of the drivetrain, suspension and the whole design process in a separate thread once I finish it completely, still fiddling with some minor details.

On 11/13/2021 at 6:57 AM, gyenesvi said:

Yet another Zetros alternate is coming

Looks are just great ,I like very much.;)

16 hours ago, Jundis said:

Looks are just spot on, great work! I never thought so many brilliant B-models would be done from this rather ugly A-model :D

I also feel that.

8 hours ago, dpi2000 said:

Looks are just great ,I like very much.;)

Thanks, I have to admit that looks was one of the main focus this time (the other was the gearbox).

8 hours ago, dpi2000 said:

I also feel that.

When a set has 2000+ parts, it's got a higher chance that you can get something interesting out of it :) and I was a bit surprised how good variety of panels and beams this one has, at least well suited for somewhat square models.

42129 Mercedes Benz G-Wagen
The model is an alternate of the LEGO Technic 42129 Mercedes Benz Zetros Trial Truck.
This G-Wagen is 42cm long, 20.5 cm wide and 20 cm high and is loosely inspired by the Mansory Startrooper Pickup Mercedes G-Class.
The model features:
permanent All Wheel Drive with 3 open differentials powered by 2 hard coupled L motors
3 possible gearing options for high torque, all around performance or high speed
front axle steering with improved turning radius powered by 1 L motor
2-speed RC gearbox using 1M motor
live axle suspension with improved travel
fake inline 4-cylinder engine
opening bonnet with support
opening doors with locks
opening tailgate and sunroof
detailed engine bay, interior, exhaust system, side air vents, iconic G-Klasse grill
easy to replace batteries
800x533.jpg
800x600.jpg
800x533.jpg800x533.jpg

Edited by grohl

9 minutes ago, grohl said:
42129 Mercedes Benz G-Wagen
The model is an alternate of the LEGO Technic 42129 Mercedes Benz Zetros Trial Truck.
This G-Wagen is 42cm long, 20.5 cm wide and 20 cm high and is loosely inspired by the Mansory Startrooper Pickup Mercedes G-Class.
The model features:
permanent All Wheel Drive with 3 open differentials powered by 2 hard coupled L motors
3 possible gearing options for high torque, all around performance or high speed
front axle steering with improved turning radius powered by 1 L motor
2-speed RC gearbox using 1M motor
live axle suspension with improved travel
fake inline 4-cylinder engine
opening bonnet with support
opening doors with locks
opening tailgate and sunroof
detailed engine bay, interior, exhaust system, side air vents, iconic G-Klasse grill
easy to replace batteries

<snip>

Once again, I'm tempted to buy a set, not for what it is officially but for the alternate models that can be built from it. Awesome work as always!