31 minutes ago, Void_S said:

If Im not mistaken, it was also presented for 42099 but the diffrenece was much smaller. 

Well, I actually experience the contrary, I have built a lot from 42099, and never experienced this. I have a build right now, just checked it, and the steering rack is moved to the limit when it's on a flat surface (contrary to the Zetros, just compared the two on the same surface).

45 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Yes, we noticed it too. With a custom profile in the PU app the steering angle is actually better, even with a stock build. Apparently the Control+ profile for the set limits the steering angle at a certain percent.

Thanks, good to know. Have you by any chance reported this to TLG?

10 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Thanks, good to know. Have you by any chance reported this to TLG?

I don't think there's anything to be reported here, I'm sure it was designed this way on purpose. Steering angle was limited (further) to avoid any scenario when the wheel can touch some parts, I assume that's the ladder at max steering angle/max articulation.

50 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I don't think there's anything to be reported here, I'm sure it was designed this way on purpose. Steering angle was limited (further) to avoid any scenario when the wheel can touch some parts, I assume that's the ladder at max steering angle/max articulation.

Hmm, I didn't even think of that, I thought the angle was small enough to start with.. It's sad, because it limits alternate builds as well (if used with the stock app), even if they are built such that the wheel could not touch anything..

6 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Hmm, I didn't even think of that, I thought the angle was small enough to start with.. It's sad, because it limits alternate builds as well (if used with the stock app), even if they are built such that the wheel could not touch anything..

Hey, as you know Grohl is building the unofficial B model of the set you can see from the video (at around 2:22 mins mark) the turning radius is quite good. I mean even if it happens to be limited it did not look that bad or as bad as the Zetros.

Edited by thekoRngear

8 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

Hey, as you know Grohl is building the unofficial B model of the set you can see from the video (at around 2:22 mins mark) the turning radius is quite good. I mean even if it happens to be limited it did not look that bad or as bad as the Zetros.

It's true that that model seems to turn better, but it's hard to judge from the video what constitutes to that. One thing is sure, the model is much shorter, the two axles being closer, that instantly results in a better turning radius, even if the steering construction is the same. But maybe the actual turning of the wheel is also a bit better. He may be just using the PU app to control it, or he changed something about the construction, but I don't think he used something like @efferman's trick to actually increase the angle. But now that I think about it, that trick may work well with the overly limited app, as @efferman's construction in itself would result in a radius that is too much for the joints, but with the app not taking it to the limit, it might just be fine :)

Are any experts here developing new (unofficial) parts in LDRAW? The instructions of my 42129 alternate are almost done with more than 300 pages of high quality images, but unfortunately the new tyres are not yet available in LDRAW (other new parts from 42129 are). I pay many respect to the designers of new parts in LDRAW, but I have no idea how long this takes and how difficult it is. So more or less, can we expect the new tyre unoffical in LDRAW soon?

Otherwise I have to publish the model with the older Ballon tyres which is not a big deal, but the model looks way better and more realistic with the tractor tyres.

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

In the meantime, Zetros's little brother trial Unimog was born :) Thanks for the inspirations @dpi2000 and @Thirdwigg, feedback is welcome.

Shorter wheelbase, softer suspension, larger articulation, more ground clearance, 2-speed gearbox, spinning fan, no differentials - no need to lock them :)

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

More pictures on Bricksafe. Working on instructions.

@Timorzelorzworz, what I am using at the moment in Studio is a scaled-down version of the large tractor tire, I made it in Studio part designer. It's not perfect, as the thread count does not match, but still much better than balloon tires. I guess you are using LDD, but I can share the .part file, is that something you could use?

Does anybody know if the new parts are also available in Studio? I checked @Philo's page and did not find anything yet.

Edited by gyenesvi

26 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

In the meantime, Zetros's little brother trial Unimog was born :) Thanks for the inspirations @dpi2000 and @Thirdwigg.

Wow, using the modified larger tyre is a great idea. I'll try that with parts designer. Used it before only for decals.

Edited by Milan
Do not quote the whole block of text and pictures, please.

2 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Wow, using the modified larger tyre is a great idea. I'll try that with parts designer. Used it before only for decals.

I have also downscaled the Xerion tires and adjusted the withs (to fin the rims the best) and mount points (in case you're goinf to use it in Studio): https://bricksafe.com/files/Void_s/studio-models/42129 - 4x4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Trial Truck.io (only lew longer CV joints are missed, I'm wokring on them).

10 minutes ago, Void_S said:

I have also downscaled the Xerion tires and adjusted the withs (to fin the rims the best) and mount points (in case you're goinf to use it in Studio): https://bricksafe.com/files/Void_s/studio-models/42129 - 4x4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Trial Truck.io (only lew longer CV joints are missed, I'm wokring on them).

The new CV joint is already available (unofficial, but complete)

https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/77590.dat

4 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

In the meantime, Zetros's little brother trial Unimog was born :) Thanks for the inspirations @dpi2000 and @Thirdwigg, feedback is welcome.

Shorter wheelbase, softer suspension, larger articulation, more ground clearance, 2-speed gearbox, spinning fan, no differentials - no need to lock them :)

More pictures on Bricksafe. Working on instructions.

Great job, and right up my alley. I'm glad I had a little inspiration for you.

9 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Wa, ha, I'm glad to see this trial Unimog. ;)looking forward to watching the outdoor test video.

6 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

The new CV joint is already available (unofficial, but complete)

https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/77590.dat

Thanks ;)

17 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

In the meantime, Zetros's little brother trial Unimog was born :)

Wow, this looks just great. Woderful job with scaling it down :pir-love:

10 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

The 42129 Trailcat is ready for publishing next week. Thanks everyone for the genius idea with the tyres!

Now that's a Technic Jeep. :oh:

On 9/22/2021 at 5:05 PM, Ullum Zurt said:

Wow! Now this is worth getting 42129.

Yup!

And I am delighted to say that I will doing a review of that set. Tim has offered me instructions and I gladly accepted the offer. I was planning on doing more C-model building (and reviewing). Since I don't MOC a lot and the built review sets are taken apart and hardly touched again, I do think that's a waste of potential. So, I will be breaking apart sets and store them separately, so I can easily use them for building alternates.

4 minutes ago, Ullum Zurt said:

:thumbup:

I look forward to your review of this C-model. In-fact,  there should be more reviews of alt models.

There should be more alt-models, period.

8 minutes ago, Ullum Zurt said:

:thumbup:

I look forward to your review of this C-model. In-fact,  there should be more reviews of alt models.

I agree and I will try to deliver more C-model reviews. No guarantees, but I will do my best.

25 minutes ago, Jim said:

I agree and I will try to deliver more C-model reviews. No guarantees, but I will do my best.

Well that sounds really good, in that case, I can also offer you the building instructions of my Unimog alternate above ;)