On 8/2/2021 at 5:43 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Aaand Grohl has started working on the B model for this set.

Interesting, that was my first thought as well for a B model, and thought others would go for it too :) And of course the two speed gearbox..

I honestly think Grohl understood the way Zetros was being produced and priced it'd affect/displease a lot of Technic fans. So, the designer, I guess, started to work on a B model even before/just after the product is Launched. More like a treat from the designer. Not the first time Grohl did this I think. The RCing of Defender and Stadium truck B model were released subsequently and within a few months of the official release respectively, if I recall it correctly. Howevr, situation changed a bit. 1. People were not desperately looking for a MOC immediately after the release of 42110 as they are now for the Zetros and 2. Unlike the stadium truck, the G Wagon instructions probably would not be free. The latter is understandable since MOC's increased popularity among general purchasers that developed in the last few years/several months. Grohl has every right to charge a nice (not so) little amount for this B model. But, if the instructions were free it would add value more properly to the 42129 set. Just my humble impression.

In the end, it's good for all of us. Grohl's finesse is something that makes a set's MOC more solid and valuable

Edited by thekoRngear

I don't know for sure, but it looks like Grohl is building a B model of his own free will. It's a shame if Lego no longer pays for the development of the B model. Although perhaps this is even for the best, since now Grohl is not limited by the internal requirements that Lego imposes on its sets. I really like the current functionality of G-Wagen, it's definitely better than Zetros. And this is the model that makes this set really worth buying.

1 minute ago, Igor1 said:

I really like the current functionality of G-Wagen, it's definitely better than Zetros.

It trades the ability to lock differentials with a two-speed gearbox. One might be better than the other, depending on the situation.

Yesterday I came across this.

The Zetros is among the Masters of the Desert, and so is the G-Wagon. So I think the G-Wagon is a very fitting alternative model!

15 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Вчера наткнулся на такое.

Зетрос входит в число мастеров пустыни, как и G-Wagon. Так что я думаю, что G-Wagon - очень подходящая альтернативная модель!

Из грузовиков-настоящий зверь...

17 minutes ago, Danil said:

Из грузовиков-настоящий зверь... 

Might wanna become fluent in Google translate for us there, Danil

from trucks a real beast. 

I would also like your languages to have cases, after google translate and you read it is not clear what. But I am not talking about this and do not emphasize. In the Russian language there are many turns and declensions, in which even Google is an imbecile translator.

11 hours ago, Danil said:

I would also like your languages to have cases, after google translate and you read it is not clear what. But I am not talking about this and do not emphasize. In the Russian language there are many turns and declensions, in which even Google is an imbecile translator.

Welcome to the forum.  English is required for posting so hopefully you can learn enough to post something most of us can understand.  You don't have to post perfect English grammar, many English speaking posters can't even do that.

14 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

Welcome to the forum.  English is required for posting so hopefully you can learn enough to post something most of us can understand.  You don't have to post perfect English grammar

Well said.
Danil, you are free to use the translator if it is easier for you. Hope you will have fun here.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:56 PM, Danil said:

Google was always "imbecile" translator because it translates literally... But it's not a bad thing to learn English. @Bricktrain could not explain it better. :thumbup:

Enjoy the forum 

10 hours ago, 1gor said:

Гугл всегда был «глупым» переводчиком, потому что переводил буквально ... Но выучить английский - неплохая вещь. @Bricktrain не мог объяснить это лучше. :палец вверх:

Наслаждайтесь форумом 

Of course I’m already running to teach, my hair back, I stumble !!! brilliant !!!

8 hours ago, Danil said:

Of course I’m already running to teach, my hair back, I stumble !!! brilliant !!!

There is one Moto that everyone should follow 

Ora et labora et studia 

Kind regards

26 minutes ago, Danil said:

Nihua ne ponal

Why are you now speaking Chinese?

BTW, for those curious, he said: "Where are you talking". Don't see what that has to do with Mercedes-Benz or the Zetros...

Edited by Maaboo35

It is general principle about learning (it is a moto of saint Benedict who is protector of Europa since we are on Eurobricks :wink:) and says pray, work and study since @Danil needs to practice and learn his English (as official language on this forum)

3 minutes ago, 1gor said:

It is general principle about learning (it is a moto of saint Benedict who is protector of Europa since we are on Eurobricks :wink:) and says pray, work and study since @Danil needs to practice and learn his English (as official language on this forum)

I wasn't questioning what you said, I was questioning what he said...

34 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I wasn't questioning what you said, I was questioning what he said...

Well buddy it seems that we got misunderstood - la Manche channel is to blame :grin:

Let's stick to Zetros and finally Zetros tires are in the way to me, so in few months I could start playing with Legos...

Edited by 1gor

As I am trying to build something from the Zetros, I discovered an(other) issue with the steering calibration, wondering if anybody else has seen it too.

I was experimenting with a different steering system (not based on gear rack, but on a linkage system), that would require turnig the motor 45 degrees instead of 90 as usual with the gear rack. However, I have noticed that after calibrating with hard physical limits, the motor actually rotates much less then the limits would allow, something like 25-30 degrees at most. I have also tested my build with a custom profile in the Powered Up app, and with that it works quite well, after calibration the steering motor moves all the way to the physical limits.

I have gone back to rack based steering to see if it had something to do with my build, and I found that even with that steering mechanics, the motor does not move all the way to the limit after calibration, but the difference is less visible (I guess 15 degrees less movement is less noticable when starting from 90 degrees of limit than from 45 degrees).

From this I conclude that this may be a bug, or there may be some sort of (over)protection in the Zetros C+ profile that makes it steer much less. That could explain part of the noticably bad steering radius of the Zetros (apart from the fact that the CV joint in the wheel hub cannot take a steep angle and that the Zetros has a long distance between the axles).

Has anybody observed something similar? Can somebody confirm that he steeringg rack does not always move all the way to the limits? (Best seen when tested on terrain that puts some friction on the tires so they are more difficult tu turn than when moving freely in the air).

Yes, we noticed it too. With a custom profile in the PU app the steering angle is actually better, even with a stock build. Apparently the Control+ profile for the set limits the steering angle at a certain percent.