While I don't hate the styling on 42129, I simply think any kind of utilitarian configuration would've worked better. It'd fit in more with the precedent set by the previous Mercs.

mercedes-benz-zetros-mercedes-benz-uk.jp

On 7/18/2021 at 12:17 PM, sebulba56 said:

I think, looking at the price, the set would have gained to have a working fake engine. It would have been simple since the two motors powering the transmission are in the middle of the chassis.

I wonder if you have ever tried squeezing a working fake engine above a live axle that has a servo motor mounted on top. Not much space left above it, in fact it is quite difficult to squeeze the servo in in the first place, and a fake engine needs quite a few studs of vertical space (about 7 including the hood). I’d bet it would not fit, and that’s exactly why it was left out, not because they didn’t think about it..

Edited by gyenesvi

I don't know why the grill was changed from the 6x6 version; it looked so much cleaner, and was more accurate. The final design is a bit muddled and awkward.

38 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

I wonder if you have ever tried squeezing a working fake engine above a live axle that has a servo motor mounted on top. Not much space left above it, in fact it is quite difficult to squeeze the servo in in the first place

I managed to squeeze the servo in. But putting a drive train and a small inline 6 under the hood is nightmarish. I spent two days trying to do that and bumped in to constraints everywhere. In the end I just decided to ditch the attempt.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

11 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I don't know why the grill was changed from the 6x6 version; it looked so much cleaner, and was more accurate. The final design is a bit muddled and awkward.

The radiator grille of the previous version belonged to the first generation of Zetros. In 2020, a restyling was released. And now the radiator grille is the same as in the model

old:

eebe66aa7ad5ae274c19e9d47b6ad9d0.jpg

new:

csm_HD_Z_Zetros_0e273e73b2.jpg

Edited by Akassin

4 minutes ago, Akassin said:

The radiator grille of the previous version belonged to the first generation of Zetros. In 2020, a restyling was released. And now the radiator grille is the same as in the model

You're right. I still prefer the old grille though.

Zetros_exterior_64web.jpg

I agree 100%
I also like the design before restyling more, but Lego were forced to make an actual design.

IMHO early generation grille looks better, but at least here LEGO made good replication of it

I still think it should have been framed identically to the previous grill. It lacks some definition in the final version.

Agree, but with licensed models TLC always makes actual version (ok fat & furious car was 1970 Charger)

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Agree, but with licensed models TLC always makes actual version (ok fat & furious car was 1970 Charger)

What I meant was using the same angle-connector technique surrounding the grill, since the nose part is similar in both versions of the real Zetros.

Look at the 6x6 prototype. See the area surrounding the grill? That should have been retained.

Edited by Maaboo35

What I meant was using the same angle-connector technique surrounding the grill, since that part is similar in both versions of the real Zetros.

I understood what you mean; like this 32789621323_d38b5bc0d3_z.jpg

So I noticed they used the term throttle, to me that indicates the ability to control the drive motors speed, instead of just on or off as with most technic sets. Is this true or just wishful thinking on my part?

The zetros C+ profile isn't in the public app yet, but previous C+ models with motorised drive have all supported gradual control.

PF models using infrared supported it as well, but only with the train remote which tended to have other disadvantages.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

The Brickset review is live! It's even more negative than Sariel's.

And rightfully so, it's a expensive, bad looking, slow and unintersting R/C truck.
Especially if you compare it to trucks in this scale from the past, such a dissapointment.

40 minutes ago, jshuiting said:

And rightfully so, it's a expensive, bad looking, slow and unintersting R/C truck.
Especially if you compare it to trucks in this scale from the past, such a dissapointment.

I don't disagree with the review. Can't help but echo the words of Huw Millington: "Is that it?"

I view it as a parts pack. And, in that respect, apart from the hard-to-reuse bright green elements, I actually like it.

3 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I view it as a parts pack. And, in that respect, apart from the hard-to-reuse bright green elements, I actually like it.

If it were cheaped i'd agree, but even then would've prefered it with 3 axles and no PF.