10 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I meant in regards to the Technic theme.

Usually odd coloured technic parts in other teams are an indication that they will be used in Technic.

The Porsche orange could in hindsight be guessed because the orange 2L axle connector was used in a LEGO Ideas set in the same year.

On 6/27/2021 at 1:01 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

Usually odd coloured technic parts in other teams are an indication that they will be used in Technic.

I think you're right - the Typewriter set contains a lot of Technic pieces in rare colors, such as lime green, teal, and (I think) dark tan - probably due to excess parts produced for the Sian, 40448, and Bugatti/Land Rover seats, respectively. And from the images we have so far, I think there's a good chance the beams used to build the bed are bright green.

Some of the latest posts have been set to hidden.

Let's try to keep this topic for Zetros.

The front packaging is impressive!!!

LEGO-Technic-42129-Mercedes-Benz-Zetros-

It has 3 L-motors and 1 M-motor. Not sure if the M-motor is a new one or the current PU one.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Well... i have to say that, at the end, despite the aspect (I still do not like this thing having "only" two axles), the set it is impressive. I mean, diff lock, gear box, 3 big motors and one L is something, isn't it?

9 minutes ago, HectorMB said:

Well... i have to say that, at the end, despite the aspect (I still do not like this thing having "only" two axles), the set it is impressive. I mean, diff lock, gear box, 3 big motors and one L is something, isn't it?

Actually from text; there are 3 L motors and one M motor. True Zetros looks nice

I know I said I wasnt so interested in this set and planned to buy it with the electronics removed,

but hot damn that front packaging almost makes me wannna eat my words!!

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I know I said I wasnt so interested in this set and planned to buy it with the electronics removed,

but hot damn that front packaging makes me wannna eat my words!!

Ahhh!!! resist the urge!   Like product quality, not product packaging quality!!

Kidding.  I get it.  Most are leisure builders out there so all the technicalities we get hung up on are not a thing to them.  Still.... if as much went into set production as marketing production well perhaps Lego would really still be a head above the rest....

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Actually from text; there are 3 L motors and one M motor. True Zetros looks nice

That's completely right!

And, once again, people were bashing this set left and right just by looking at a few blurry pics, only for their opinion to change when official details come out... come on guys, we should all know by now to reserve judgement until full info is known!

Yeah well I can't understand why y'all are changing your opinions on this set now. Nothing new has been revealed, and the discussed flaws are still there. Does your opinion change just because of some box art?

10 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Yeah well I can't understand why y'all are changing your opinions on this set now. Nothing new has been revealed, and the discussed flaws are still there. Does your opinion change just because of some box art?

Good pictures make all the difference. You tell me, would you rather buy something with a low resolution blurry picture and without any kind of description, or something with high quality pictures showing a product in the best ways with a complete list of what it includes and what it can do?

To be completely honest I don’t think this is an amazing looking set, but it most definitely looks a lot better than what we have seen previously. 

On right side of box it says wedo 2.0's normal M motor. But why need 4 motor for just driving? 1 driving, 1 steering, 1 difflock, 1 gearbox? Or 2 drive 1 steering 1 difflock? And why TLG use L for driving?

Two fire extinguishers? Woah, how often is this thing supposed to burst into flame? *huh*

It's cool that you can stash the flags in the back as well. :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

On right side of box it says wedo 2.0's normal M motor. But why need 4 motor for just driving? 1 driving, 1 steering, 1 difflock, 1 gearbox? Or 2 drive 1 steering 1 difflock? And why TLG use L for driving?

Considering that the promo pic makes an attempt to impress us with its climbing ability, I think 2 motors for drive are a good bet.

38 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

people were bashing this set left and right just by looking at a few blurry pics

To be fair I bashed the thing in the leaked pic, which to me is a different entity from the newly revealed thing.

31 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

A couple of things:

- It only almost makes me eat my words. Almost is the operative word. After the initial thrill has faded, I'm still gonna vote with my wallet, which is not buying this thing with electronics. Limited slips and diff locks are new and cool, but it's just not my thing.
- New things are revealed. 4 motors and limited-slip clutch.
- I only praise the box art. The composition is very dynamic and energetic and creates a very strong first impression. The direction of the model is also unusual. This is one of the very few sets that present the model in the left-to-right direction, which adds to the high motion feel.
- And even if my opinion changes because of the box art, why is that a problem? Isn't that what a box art supposed to do? Convincing uncertain customers to buy it?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

32 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

And, once again, people were bashing this set left and right just by looking at a few blurry pics, only for their opinion to change when official details come out... come on guys, we should all know by now to reserve judgement until full info is known!

This is SO TRUE...... any to be honest, a waste of time for posters and readers.

This is actually one of the things I circle less around Eurobricks topics for new TLC stuff.... lot of complaints in the first time, lot of 'TLC should do this or should do that', 'we should pimp it, MOD it'..... and in the end: many will buy the set as it is ;-)

Well, not a positive post this time...... but anyway, life is not always sunshine, lets say: Partly Clouded today :-)

Btw: I like the set as it is.

My view hasn't changed yet. I'm still in the "let's wait and see how realistic the drive train and layout is" frame of mind. I am intrigued by the description though. "Detailed gearbox"? Wonder what they mean by detailed, like do they mean realistic, covered inside a box, in the right place, or just barely functional? And also "limited slip differential"? That's not a manually locking diff, so maybe it's one with high internal friction? Also it looks to be a decent climber from the pic on the skate board. Still undecided till I see the drive train and possibly some new parts but I'll be keeping an eye on this one.