8 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

I'd normally agree, but since this set does use planetary hubs with very high gear ratios, the forces on the driveline in a case of a locked diff would be really low. Bigger issue would be tire wear after prolong usage.

Agreed to the first point. I don't think there will be a significant degradation on the tires, given the use outside. The model isn't that heavy the tires would wear out. Also there has been a Jeep model from CADA using diff locks before.

2 hours ago, Jundis said:

Agreed to the first point. I don't think there will be a significant degradation on the tires, given the use outside.

Additionally, LEGO would never promote (again) RC sets for outdoor usage so from their perspective it is not a problem :) 

7 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Additionally, LEGO would never promote (again) RC sets for outdoor usage so from their perspective it is not a problem :) 

What set did they promote for using outdoor ?

In the first pages of the instructions, Lego usually shows a drawing that explains that the model is made to be used indoors.

Looking closely at the app screen shown in the catalogue, it seems as if the Zetros will get a similar setup to the X-Treme off-roader, with steering on the left and accelerator on the right.

8 minutes ago, Anio said:

What set did they promote for using outdoor ?

In the first pages of the instructions, Lego usually shows a drawing that explains that the model is made to be used indoors.

For example the set 8675 which had a pretty descriptive name - Outdoor Challenger ;) 

4 hours ago, kbalage said:

For example the set 8675 which had a pretty descriptive name - Outdoor Challenger ;) 

Well, that ones are fully true RC machines that have only molded LEGO's logo at their parts...

They're not totally unrelated to other LEGO: the shock absorbers they introduced were used at least once in "regular" Technic, in 8420.

17 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

TLG won't release a set with diff locks.. the feature on the diff that makes it possible is there for mocs only. Locking it and then playing with it can smash parts and TLG won't release something that can self destruct. It will never happen, but it keeps coming up on new model releases!!! Its none-subject, for so many obvious reasons.. forget about diff locks...

But they do regularly omit the centre diff in 4x4 vehicles.

18 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

Motorized 4x4's tend to have separate motors for each axle, so no need for centre diff, while manual models don't usually stress parts enough to require a centre diff (though it's sometimes included for the sake of functionality).

1 hour ago, pleegwat said:

The Unimog has one, though that admittedly doesn't have a powered drive.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

The Unimog has one, though that admittedly doesn't have a powered drive.

But your favorite 42070 B model has one :wink:

9 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

But your favorite 42070 B model has one :wink:

It's not my favourite, but true. It's a good system as well - I think it'd work well with the Zetros.

4 hours ago, pleegwat said:

Mmmm... thats a good point!

I'd love to see something clever done with C+ and diff locking... even a manual locker would add whole new function to the model which helps with the price tag. I just don't think we'll see it.. which is a shame. But i'm still excited to see the details of this set. The tow truck looks a great set, this has great potential too. Fingers crossed!

Here's a fairly close real-world approximation of this thing. It'd be great if the set had a spare tyre tucked away somewhere as seen here.

GAZ_5b37021029e8457cbd5197a5ed7f2c8f.jpg

Edited by Maaboo35

From the looks of it, the Hub is behind the cab, but no spare tires in sight. I guess i better get my 600 euros ready lol. :wink:

8 minutes ago, jshuiting said:

I personally wouldn't copy anything the dumb kids in this image are doing, considering they're running the tyres backwards and couldn't even be arsed to attach the chain to the bull bar properly.

And don't even get me started on the positioning of that bear...

25 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

And don't even get me started on the positioning of that bear...

Looking at the tire tread... tires mounted the wrong way, maybe?

30 minutes ago, XTN said:

Looking at the tire tread... tires mounted the wrong way, maybe?

Yes that was meant by @Maaboo35 when he wrote tires running backwards....

12 hours ago, jshuiting said:

Looks quite outdoorsy.

Probably filmed in a studio that looks outdoors lol. TLG  would not want to break their own rules.

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Has anyone been able to identify the element on the front wheel hub?

I'm talking about the Zetros, by the way.

Do you mean the planetary reduction hub?