300 eur for 4 new tires, 1 smart hub, possibly a new M motor, possibly 2 XL motors, and 1 L motor. All these should feature the steering, diff lock and acceleration. Because it doesn't include a 42114-like gearbox, isn't it?

Although I understand the comparison with the Porsche, I think it's not apples to apples. The Porsche is a set for the vitrine, this one is -supposedly- more playable. Because of that, it includes motors, hub, and so on, which none of the big cars include. 

I don't know, for me is A LITTLE BIT pricey, but not that much. For me, the disappointment cones more for the axle number reduction and the subsequent change in aesthetics and overall structure than anything else. 

50 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And back to the thing: this thing is as expensive as the 42056 Porsche

Possibly a bit less expensive because Dutch prices tend to be higher than German prices. For example: 42056 cost €330 here, but €300 in Germany. Not a huge difference, but still. 

4 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

@Ngoc Nguyen did you manage to rezise image to see exact tire dimensions (my guess is 81,6 x 38)?

The dimensions aren't visible on the image. They look more or less the same size as the balloon tyre though.

8 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

The dimensions aren't visible on the image. They look more or less the same size as the balloon tyre though.

9 or 10 (less likely) stud diameter

Just saw the pics... as the rear axle/diff is covered by a panel the ground clearance of the rear axle is like 2 or max 3 studs? Is this a joke? We are talking about a Trial Truck here...

Edited by Jundis

Photos from Zusammengebaut

lego-technic-42129-4%C3%974-mercedes-ben

lego-technic-42129-4%C3%974-mercedes-ben

15 minutes ago, Jundis said:

We are talking about a Trial Truck here...

To be fair there's no mention of a Trial Truck anywhere in the official name.

16 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Just saw the pics... as the rear axle/diff is covered by a panel the ground clearance of the rear axle is like 2 or max 3 studs? Is this a joke? We are talking about a Trial Truck here...

I saw that horrific one-bloody-stud clearance earlier, forgot about it, and it's been brought back kicking and screaming to my attention. Thanks Jundis, you're a peach! :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

To be fair there's no mention of a Trial Truck anywhere in the official name.

Then what the everloving shit is this thing actually supposed to be? TLG, thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Then what the everloving shit is this thing actually supposed to be? TLG, thoughts?

Casual civilian truck with a bed that papa used to drive around with :laugh:

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Also, where are the rear shock absorbers? Please TLG, no rear stiff axle....

1 minute ago, Jundis said:

Also, where are the rear shock absorbers? Please TLG, no rear stiff axle....

I think I see shock absorbers in the rear

Is true that they might be shock absorbers in the rear axle. Even though, the possition that they might be let me think that those are indeed not springs but something else. 

Edited by HectorMB

5 minutes ago, AMX said:

I think I see shock absorbers in the rear

They look like softer shocks. There's a gear as well, though I don't see how it relates to the drive.

Big 13 on the side - not great for the superstitious among us. New brand too (or at least one I haven't seen hitherto) - "InTake".

If this were 250EUR I dare say I'd be sold. It looks pretty good, despite not having a crane

5 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

If this were 250EUR I dare say I'd be sold. It looks pretty good, despite not having a crane

You wont be sold then, because the retail price is 300 EUR.

Doesn't look too bad, but I hate the stickers, they add a lot of business to already quite a busy bodywork. Luckily, stickers don't need to be applied though.

Anyway, I'm going to leave it to shelf because the price is much too high for this level of functionality.

Edit: unless something truly stellar shows up in the reviews (not holding my breath).

Edited by howitzer

Looks like TLG use 35442 splat gear 6t black for front wheel cover.

And I can found some 2x3 panel extender in DBG.

And without that and new tire, I can't find any new interstring parts.

The ground clearance on the rear axle looks very small, and the rear axle itself looks like it had one too many MCDonald's. Did they try to encase the rear diff with panels? portal wheel hubs would have been very beneficial here, but it seems they went for the new planetary wheel hub instead.

Edited by Gray Gear

Finally the thread name is changed! Our collective wish has been heard! Praise the Lord! (Or the admins) 

(/'  ')/    \('   ')/    \('  '\)

Better than i feared, looks quite rufty tufty... can't imagine there's any surprise functions. Drive and steering? But if the Cat dozer disappoints this is a backup plan...

I try to see the positive in all things.  The only thing I can come up with is.....

I just became 300 euros richer.