I don't think the proportions are that off, tbh. When compared to this real-world version, the set looks pretty accurate. I did think that the wheels looked a bit small at first but they're not that far off.

1413e2346408f87366a8b43bfd7d595b.jpg

That's indeed true. But, at the end, regardless the similarity with the real model, I still have the impression that the model still misses something. Anyway, I think I'll make a decision once I can see it -and its price- in real life.

Somehow, the 3 axles model was more my thing.

Edited by HectorMB

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Too many exposed pinholes and sharp edges that need rounding off.

When has that stopped TLG? :laugh_hard:

I personally don’t expect it to change much to be honest.

:sick::sick::ugh::facepalm:

I think the candies I received were contaminated, what is that? I thought the first version was bad, this is somehow even worse. Like straight up barf inducing bad. What is going on with this set?

We don´t need candles, a bunsen will be better as the burns on this are going to be strong. At least the tow truck seems to have stayed the same.

Just now, ctx1769 said:

another mercedes badge :grin:

They have changed that up from the 6x6 version that used the 42043 badge. Shame they also sliced off an axle, but hey.

34 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

:sick::sick::ugh::facepalm:

I think the candies I received were contaminated, what is that? I thought the first version was bad, this is somehow even worse. Like straight up barf inducing bad. What is going on with this set?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpd4V6vOWlZmxjDdvLua0

How big are the chances that we are still not looking at the final model?

Just now, Andman said:

How big are the chances that we are still not looking at the final model?

Not very, I'd wager. We're approaching the final release date now, unless TLG in all their collective wisdom decide to delay it.

Or choose not to release it altogether.

But we do not know how old the catalogue is. May that what we see was again just another sketch from some time ago.

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I don't think the proportions are that off, tbh. When compared to this real-world version, the set looks pretty accurate. I did think that the wheels looked a bit small at first but they're not that far off.

The reason the wheels look off is that the trial truck skirt/bed frame is really short, with the rear axle right at the back

35 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The reason the wheels look off is that the trial truck skirt/bed frame is really short, with the rear axle right at the back

I haven't seen the pictures, but that at least sounds like it would help its departure angle.

9 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

To me the tires seem to have a smaller radius than those in the previous leak.

Perhaps it looks different due to different rim color (before it was black)

I can make out the "ENgyne" and "Northern" brands on the bodywork. Great to see the DBG panels from the Mack and hook loader making a return as well.

17 hours ago, HectorMB said:

Somehow, the 3 axles model was more my thing.

Yeah. Now it looks like that:
__/III_______
\--O-----------O

The wheelbase is too long for a given vehicle length. 

Seeing the new pic with some time and comparing it with the 3-axles version, it seems that they just removed the middle one. Indeed, as previously pointed out, the 2-axle model is not that far way from reality, but anyway. The thing is that, maybe (and only MAYBE) is not that difficult to integrate a third axle as in the previous leaked image. Nevertheless, it will substantially increase a price of a set that is already overpriced (if it maintains the original proposed price).

As for many of my other set, this goes on "I will wait until a I see a good second-hand offer" ;). 

41 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I can see this part through the grill. Guess it's used as an engine fan.

Then it has (most likely) this axle based fake engine...with classic LEGO cilinders it would hardly be enough place for inline 6

There's been some discussion on here about whether or not this set would include a new motor, with some sort of Technic-based, position sensing M-motor being the most popular suggestion (I think).

Interestingly, the video below states that, according to information given at the Lego Fan Media Days, "we actually will receive new hardware elements later this year."

It'll be interesting to see if these pieces fit together, or whether it is just coincidence.

The current leak looks so bad that it must be a placeholder.

And judging by the CGI look and the word "PRELIMINARY IMAGE" covered over i'm hopeful it'll change.

So the official name is out:

42129 4 x 4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros

Price is still the same: 299,99 EUR. 

@Milan @Jim Can you change the thread's title?

And back to the thing: this thing is as expensive as the 42056 Porsche.