12 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

So. To sum up, we've gone from this:

me4465a.jpg

Is it just me, or did the 6x6 version look better? :sceptic:

It looks infinitely more boss! Is that a cute little handwinch crane for lowering the sparetyre? Would be easy to MOC. Also, that trans-clear thing on the front, is the airfilter, no? Does that mean it can forge rather deep waters? Would also be easy to MOC with some 4x4 black radar dishes and some clear macaroni bricks (or 3x3 dishes and 98585, but that doesn't come in trans-clear ... maybe some pulleys instead)

A new picture of the 42129 and 42128 has been leaked on Instagram. It seems to come from a catalogue for sellers because there's the lettering "confidential" above the two models. 

29 minutes ago, Brick-a-brac said:

A new picture of the 42129 and 42128 has been leaked on Instagram. It seems to come from a catalogue for sellers because there's the lettering "confidential" above the two models. 

How many axles does the Zetros have?

2 axles. Very similar to the stud.io reconstruction.

And the new Mercedes sign? From Arocs it does not seems similar...

Any hints as to what hashtags we should be looking for on Instagram? I've tried #legotechnic and #legoleaks and nothing seems to be there

The Zetros looks pretty cool. I like it more than the first pics. The tow truck doesn’t seem to have changed at all. Zetros is completely different. 

Hmm the wheelbase looks way to long for my taste... also, in contrast to the tow truck, this is a rendering not a pic of the real model... hmm. Also the first front with the panels for the grill looked better than this varriant with the thin iftarms.

Ayyy, just found it! Really interesting to note is that it's not an actual photo of the set, but a CAD render. The lighting's really bright and you can make out some details for the front axle. My thoughts so far:

• LBG ball socket liftarm; pretty much confirms a live front axle !!! :wub:
  • Can't tell for certain but there's a large LBG piece behind the front left tyre, which I think is a hub piece. It looks like the bottom part of a portal axle that's been rotated flat, but I can't see how that would make sense. I don't think it's a new hub, but I've been proven wrong plenty of times before.
  • There's the end of a red piece sticking out near the middle; could be a differential, which I think is likely.
  • The looks are a bit.... shit, to be honest. It seems as if they only had enough time to rip the second axle out and leave the third one in place, because the rear axle looks so far back that it's awkward. Can't say I blame them though; the fact that it's a CAD render and not a set photo makes it clear they were in a huge rush to fix this thing.
  • The front grille being made using thin liftarms instead of the small panels is a bit of a shame as all depth is basically lost. Perhaps it's a consequence of them having to redesign in such a hurry.

Overall it's definitely a no-buy for me, but that's because I was never a fan of the Zetros being a trial truck for the price point anyway. I still think it should've been an RC crane truck with hand pneumatics.

19 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

The Zetros looks very unpropotional to me. Either the wheelbase is way too long or the wheels are too small. 

This actually may be a plus for me.  I like third-party tires anyways.  Allows me to put on bigger ones...

Oh ick... Just saw it on FB.  Agreed.  Wheelbase too long.  

I was a buy on day one kinda guy for this set based on the preliminary pics.... but now super disappointed.  please don't be the official model!!

I like some aspects of the new, others not. But I agree that seems like a 6x6 truck... but missing the central axle. I don't get that. 

1 minute ago, HectorMB said:

I like some aspects of the new, others not. But I agree that seems like a 6x6 truck... but missing the central axle. I don't get that. 

you just read my mind :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The new Zetros looks like an overweight meat loaf dog.

Ferdinand.jpeg

This model after the 1st leak, 2nd leak, and 3rd leak:

Upgrade, Upgrade, FUCK GO BACK Blank Template - Imgflip

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

As an aside, I wonder which direction the tread on the part image for the new tyre will face. We've had the tread run backwards and forwards, respectively - sideways next?

70695.png

Edited by Maaboo35