Well, I think that putting the price in context with previous models (42099, 42100), the Zetros will have 1 hub and, best scenario, 4 motors. To elucubrate about the functions is indeed rather the reflection of our desires than the real possibilities, in my opinion. So, to me, to consider that as a fair or not-that-fair price, will fall on the functions and, if at the end, they're indeed 4 motors. 

On 3/21/2021 at 4:46 PM, eric trax said:

OK we have new tractor tire size!

Claas Xerion tire - 20 treads - 107mm diameter

ZETROS - 18 treads - expected size: 80~86mm diameter (81,6 in my opinion)

JEEP Wrangler Tire - 16 treads - 56mm diameter

You are 99% right.

Based on some calculations I took today and yesterday it looks indeed like it will be 81,6 x 34 tire

Finally found the pic, Looks like a mock trial truck so already better than all previous RC trucks and should run much better due the the smaller size/weight. A few thing make me wonder; the high price might be due to 3xl motors for drive and the front axle seams static due to tire clearance but the rears seem to not be double wishbone (the frame structure is wrong and the is a large gap above the whole axle, could just be bad picture though) I would say sprung pendular. However as I think u can see though the whole model at the rear axles it does make me wonder if there is something else going on with the rear suspension like live or bougie systems but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Aerolight said:

I would say sprung pendular

Anything but all three solid axles would be a complete write-off in my books

8 hours ago, Aerolight said:

I would say sprung pendular. However as I think u can see though the whole model at the rear axles it does make me wonder if there is something else going on with the rear suspension like live or bougie systems but I doubt it.

Hmm I'd be very disappointed if they use the same principle as in the 42122 rear suspension. A live axle really is a must here. According to the pic it's unlikely, but maybe the left front tire is in the compressed state of the spring? Like going over a bump....? Just wanna spread a glimpse of hope...

Not to digress but ... I've never seen a large truck like that with large/ribbed tires. Those are typically reserved for off-highway, and used mostly on agricultural machines.

5 minutes ago, DrJB said:

Not to digress but ... I've never seen a large truck like that with large/ribbed tires. Those are typically reserved for off-highway, and used mostly on agricultural machines. 

I think this is also an omission of Lego, I was hoping for normal road tires!

5 minutes ago, Milan said:

Do not post pics from that catalog yet. It is still confidential. I have removed it for now. 

Okay, thank you!

I just saw a picture of this on a different thread and something seems odd about such vehicle. TLG used large/ribbed tires. Those I've never seen on trucks, they are typically used on off-highway machinery that moves relatively slowly, such as agricultural machines.

Edit: It seems my post was 'copied' to a different thread. Neat, did not know you could do that.. 

Edited by DrJB
correction

1 minute ago, DrJB said:

I just saw a picture of this on a different thread and something seems odd about such vehicle. TLG used large/ribbed tires. Those I've never seen on trucks, they are typically used on off-highway machinery that moves relatively slowly, such as agricultural machines.

Those "tractor" tires are also quite commonly used on trucks, too, usually for specific terrains.
Zetros:
csm_CT_Z_Australien-Crossling_2_69ecb6f5

Kamaz:

arctic_28335.jpg

2 minutes ago, DrJB said:

Up to 80km/h

https://www.google.com/search?q=jcb+fastrac+8330+speed&oq=jcb+fastrac+8330+speed&aqs=chrome..69i57.9047j0j7&client=ms-android-motorola&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=syn-trac+speed&client=ms-android-motorola&sxsrf=ALeKk00fgKWpafruHgqJkMuNVqOp7lNoJQ%3A1616941631055&ei=P5JgYNLfAoG1gwe8y4_ADA&oq=syn-trac+speed&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAM6BAgAEEc6BAgAEB46BwgAEMkDEB46BggAEBYQHjoJCAAQyQMQFhAeUOMPWIUWYKYcaABwAXgAgAG2A4gB2w-SAQkwLjEuMS4zLjGYAQCgAQHIAQbAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

...it looks like Zetros is trial truck and lots of trial trucks use tractor tires

Yes, good point. I was referring to most common applications. That video of the tractor going at 80 km/h seems to indicate the tractor has some fancy/active suspension. I drove some large Case IH tractors, and those tend to be 'bouncy' (large tires), add to that the ribs in the tires, and you get a lot of vertical vibration... especially on hard asphalt.

7 minutes ago, Milan said:

Those "tractor" tires are also quite commonly used on trucks, too, usually for specific terrains.
Zetros:
here just Zetros has a device for agricultural machinery, and the trial version is not such in life.

And Kamaz is another story!)

2 hours ago, DrJB said:

Yes, good point. I was referring to most common applications. That video of the tractor going at 80 km/h seems to indicate the tractor has some fancy/active suspension. I drove some large Case IH tractors, and those tend to be 'bouncy' (large tires), add to that the ribs in the tires, and you get a lot of vertical vibration... especially on hard asphalt.

I had a pleasure to test drive smaller Fastrac (4220) and it us very comfortable; full suspension (both axles), cab and seat suspended; steering wheel is easier than in my car and Trac had excellent air conditioning...

Really looking forward to see those mid size tractor tires in my hands when they'll be available.

Edited by I_Igor

38 minutes ago, DrJB said:

Edit: It seems my post was 'copied' to a different thread. Neat, did not know you could do that.. 

Yeah, I moved your post regarding Zetros to the Zetros topic, so we can keep the CAT topic clean :thumbup:

27 minutes ago, Michael217 said:

Agreed. That Zetros on the pic is adjusted for agricultural purposes. But those tires can also be used as Lego decided, for offroading. 

I'm so glad to see we are getting the mid size tractor tyres! A JCB 3CX comes ever closer!

Edited by allanp

12 minutes ago, allanp said:

I'm so glad to see we are getting the mid size tractor tyres! A JCB 3CX comes ever closer!

You can make a remake of 8455 with tractor tires then :wub:

9 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

Where can i find pictures of it?

Here it is :laugh:

1000x800p.jpg?1606988385.1242905

Best pneumatic set ever - 8455

Hehehe, thanks for the DM. Looks really cool. Might get this one as well. I like the bright green. 

Just Hope its not another terrible offroad 42070...

Would someone mind "not" letting me know where to find the leaked pics in a DM (not the thread)?

On 12/17/2020 at 4:12 AM, dhc6twinotter said:

TechnicBricks is also saying there will be a 4x4 Mercedes Zetros of some sort.  

"Today another set from the LEGO Technic 2H2021 wave - 42129 "4x4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Tri..".
This one will arrive in August, with a price tag should be in the range of 289,99€ - 299,99€."

Mate can you please post an actual picture of the model please if possible?, because it isn’t working on Facebook for me

thanks Everyone for your help! I have received the photos.

Edited by CrazyKreations

On 3/29/2021 at 2:13 PM, CrazyKreations said:

Mate can you please post an actual picture of the model please if possible?, because it isn’t working on Facebook for me

You cannot ask publicly for a leaked photo here in the forum thread(s). Ask him for the photo(s) through Inbox. The post is removed by the Page it seems.

Edited by thekoRngear

I wonder what the performance of 42129 will be like compared to 42099. Assuming smaller tires, planetary hubs, and solid axles, I don't see any advantage except for more torque on a straight incline, due to coupled drive motors. Unless there is a really amazing suspension and drivetrain.