Maaboo35

42131 - CAT D11T Bulldozer

Recommended Posts

That's Tech-fig scale! Bring back my dudes :cry_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1974 said:

That's Tech-fig scale! Bring back my dudes :cry_happy:

I was calculating to fit biggest technic sprocket wheel :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which just happens to be Tech-fig scale. Coincidence? I think not ... Dudes are comming back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Woah! Back on topic, people.

Caterpillar D11T!

14.9 feet high!

35.8 feet long!

22 feet wide!

Weight of 248,500 kilograms!

936 horsepower!

CAT C32 ACERT engine!

Blade capacity a mighty 43.6 metres squared!

12 yards long, 2 lanes wide,
65 tons of American Pride!
Canyonero! Canyonero!

:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Which just happens to be Tech-fig scale. Coincidence? I think not ... Dudes are comming back

Honestly, I didn't think that way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Na, not gonna happen. Technic is more DISplay than PLAY these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Instead a huge boulder comprising of 233 new panels in a brand new dirt colour made especially for this set (but still connected with blue pins)

Oh god stop, I can only get so excited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1974 said:

Instead a huge boulder comprising of 233 new panels in a brand new dirt colour made especially for this set (but still connected with blue pins)

Can we have 233 small dirt stickers for the panels too?

Edited by Gray Gear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh, much better! It's probably a licensed boulder so that is also gonna up the price 20%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

According to a stream by promobricks (https://youtu.be/7zt5Oha6h6s, in German, credit to @Brick-a-brac) the CAT should feature

  • new (wider?) tread elements in yellow (with one bar? instead of three like the old tread elements)
  • black actuators to raise the blade
  • adjustable angle of the blade
  • a motorized ladder
  • a detailed cabin
  • a fake engine (V12?)

It seems that the CAT is very large and completely different compared to the first pictures.
I guess this explains the rumored price and part count.

Edited by technicfan20
fixed typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, technicfan20 said:

 

So if the ladder were motorized, it would swing out and downward. Cool. :thumbup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If that is true I might have to eat my word and buy this set *oh2*

Pass the pepper.

Black actuators sound great as well, kinda like the black pumps in 8455.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idiot me thought the CAT is gonna be meh so I bought a second 42100, sold all the electronics, and planned to build @M_longer 's B model Liebherr PR 776 instead.

But that new information made me rethink my decision..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, technicfan20 said:

According to a stream by promobricks (https://youtu.be/7zt5Oha6h6s, in German, credit to @Brick-a-brac) the CAT should feature

  • new (wider?) thread elements in yellow (with one bar? instead of three like the old thread elements)
  • black actuators to raise the blade
  • adjustable angle of the blade
  • a motorized ladder
  • a detailed cabin
  • a fake engine (V12?)

It seems that the CAT is very large and completely different compared to the first pictures.
I guess this explains the rumored price and part count.

+ motorized (raisable) ripper.
+ V12 fake engine with large cylinders

The number of functions and 450€ price tag suggests 2x C+ hubs, same as the Liebherr. The blade is supposed to be 50 stud wide, that's 40cm!!!!

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The idiot me thought the CAT is gonna be meh so I bought a second 42100, sold all the electronics, and planned to build @M_longer 's B model Liebherr PR 776 instead.

But that new information made me rethink my decision..

Lessons learned: Never trust preliminary pictures and early leaks. Must be a new tactic from TLG to let copycats follow a false lead.

20 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

So if the ladder were motorized, it would swing out and downward. Cool. :thumbup:

 

Yes, the swinging movement was also confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

+ motorized (raisable) ripper.
+ V12 fake engine with large cylinders

Is that information from the original source? Large cylinders would just mean normal cylinders, right, rather than a remake of the old 2x2 square pistons? (I just ordered some of the old ones in case I want to try building bigger model engines)

Overall, the set does sound a lot more interesting, and Bric-a-brac has been reliable in the past, so we can be fairly confident that it's true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Is that information from the original source? Large cylinders would just mean normal cylinders, right, rather than a remake of the old 2x2 square pistons? (I just ordered some of the old ones in case I want to try building bigger model engines)

Overall, the set does sound a lot more interesting, and Bric-a-brac has been reliable in the past, so we can be fairly confident that it's true!

Yes, I mean the normal cylinders, not the small axle-bushing engine we got in the Volvo Dumper.

Bric-a-brac/promobricks probably got the retail catalogue pictures on hand, so yes, it must be reliable. Otherwise they couldn't check during live stream the exact width upon viewer request.

Edited by R0Sch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well so far it sounds bigger and more expensive but not so sure about it actually being any better yet. If big is all you want then wouldn't the Colosseum or world map be better options? A motorised ladder doesn't seem like a very exciting function. Whilst the prelim image looked kinda small and meh, without something new like some sort of sophisticated new RC pneumatic technology for example, I don't see much justification for making a standard RC bulldozer any bigger or more expensive. My hopes are still very low for this set right now. Without something that's really new or interesting I'm just not that excited for a bulldozer. I'm sure it's going to be well designed and engineered but if it's just more PU and LAs then there's just not enough there to be an exciting flagship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Bric-a-brac/promobricks probably got the retail catalogue pictures on hand, so yes, it must be reliable. Otherwise they couldn't check during live stream the exact width upon viewer request.

;)

 

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

+ motorized (raisable) ripper.

raisable and tiltable to the side

 

And the price will be 449,99€.

Edited by Brick-a-brac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..if only the Colosseum and World Map is a technic set, i definitely buy them, 

And lucky the person who old enough to buy the 8275 in year 2007, 

What set done in the past year is passed what NEW set for today, is NEW for us/me as a young enthusiast for Technic Set 

To buy or not to buy is up to your wallet chill bro😉😉😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Brick-a-brac said:

and tiltable to the side

Sounds like we're all the way up to seven motorized functions, which would definitely rule out any use of the Mindstorms hub in the set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

V12 fake engine with large cylinders (2x2) means the hood will be as long as the Sian's rear, which possibly makes this whole thing as long as the Sian.

If there's a new track piece, I think it would be 7L long. Technic pieces almost always have odd-number lengths. If the new one is not 7L long, then it would be 3L wide .

 

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If there's a new track piece, I think it would be 7L long. Technic pieces almost always have odd-number lengths. If the new one is not 7L long, then it would be 3L wide .

The 7L track works with the overall width of 50. This thing will be friggin huge. Length of over 100 studs....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.