The use of the 18+ branding on the D11T pic is interesting. More likely than not it's just a placeholder background while TLG work on an actual landscape (I'm thinking a massive opencast mine), but it would be weird if this was marketed as an actual 18+ set since it does not look like one.

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

That would be 15 cents per piece.... You all better hope that isn't true. I am very happy that I don't rely on LEGO to supply my bricks, otherwhise I wouldn't be able to financially support this hobby :oh:

Yup, cents per piece is pretty much useless when looking at sets with control+. I'm not able to do the numbers right now, but is it the norm for sets that have control+ to cost about as much as their individual control+ components as priced by TLG?

I guess the parts count is real and price tag is about 350 EUR. This model is evolution of 42114 gearbox, as the real D11T has three gears. This means the gearbox similar for each track, each gearbox driven by one XL and one L motor to control both gearboxes simultanously. This means two neutral positions, which are two spare functions - one for blade and one for the ripper. In total a model with three motors and gearboxes but also three speeds.

1 hour ago, allanp said:

Yup, cents per piece is pretty much useless when looking at sets with control+. I'm not able to do the numbers right now, but is it the norm for sets that have control+ to cost about as much as their individual control+ components as priced by TLG?

Yep. I did a calculation a while ago:

Average piece-price of un-motorized sets from the past 3 Years (since 42075) is about 8.20 cents/piece.

On the other hand the control+ sets are:

42099: 24,01 c/p

42100: 10,95 c/p

42109: 28,08 c/p

42114: 11,4 c/p

42124: 34,76 c/p

Really greatly differs from each other.

Edited by Jundis

I believe there are more factors rather than "has yes/not PF/C+ motors":

• Newly appeared parts (like new tire treads, new panels, etc.) may increase the total cost, so c/p will be higher.
  • Licensed sets may cost higher due to license fees. So c/p will be higher again.
  • Huge-oversized stets costs a lot so they may have some "discounts", as they include less extra efforts (less paper/carton boxes, plastic bags) per N LEGO parts.

I don't say that it's a thumb rule, for sure, but just indicate that the difference could be quire significant and "all the abnormal things appear quite reasonable once".

I agree. Producing new parts (probably) cost some money, and seeing that the C+ sets have introduced new colors of parts or even new parts, the price per piece seems reasonable. Apart from the 42109...  DEFINITELY not worth it (in my opinion!).

7 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

I love the sound of speculation as it goes whooshing by......

Agreed. After having finally seen the picture of the supposed model, I can only conclude that it’s not worth spending more than a few words on it. I mean, look at just the blade: small, ugly and full of holes. No one can convince me that any TLG designer would dare put his signature on that.
And the rest is not much better, especially compared to Eric Trax’ wonderful 42100 B-model.

3 hours ago, rener said:

No one can convince me that any TLG designer would dare put his signature on that.

Somebody put his signature on the 42070 as well... So I don't know about that.

But something must be wrong, I agree. The price and piece cound just don't match the model.

Edited by Gray Gear

My expectations in this kind of Flagship set with that (Rumored) price is that it will have a Special Part/pcs exclusive only for this set...but as of the image i saw none...(actually im expecting specialize Blade😓)

Edited by Dylan M

The more I look at this thing, the more I dislike it. The rumored part count and price have got to be way off. At least, I hope they are. In my opinion, this looks worse than 8275, and does not seem to really innovate much. Now, if we get planetary hubs for the drive sprockets, that would be something. But, as it stands, this feels like a really half baked model, and I hope the final version looks better.

One thing I really don't understand is the linear actuators going to the blade. That assembly looks like the lights would spin as the blades are raised and lowered, but I'm not so sure.

P.S. If you want to see pics, check out the Technic subreddit. I'm allowed to mention where I found these, right?

Edited by Saberwing40k

I was an AFOL, I am not any more. LEGO went insane price range for what they offer. Way better toys to buy for this money, way valuable activities are available at this price range. I also can not forget some serious megablocks clarification from their marketing department (Porsche gearbox, Ospray fail), not to mention the quality issues we see recently. "Only the best is good enough" - oh my brick! :pir-hmpf:

Times changed, it is still good hobby, but for someone else.

I remember when the 8275 came out. People were bashing it left and right, with complaints like not being realistic with one motor per function, or having the cylinder engine connected to only one of the tracks. I think the mix of studded/studless parts was also criticised as "not Technic". Yet fans nowadays put it on a pedestal: nostalgia never takes off its rosy goggles.

Also, more recently, there's the case of the Volvo dump truck: people assumed the worst as soon as the first rumours emerged and, as usual, bashed it and deemed it unworthy of "flagship" status. Then its full details came out, and people were more appreciative of it.

I'm not saying this Cat bulldozer is any good, but until I know more about what it does (or doesn't) and how it does it, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

15 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I'm not saying this Cat bulldozer is any good, but until I know more about what it does (or doesn't) and how it does it, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah same here. I'm easily convinced that a set that large could be around 3.8k pieces, because it's almost exactly the same size as EricTrax's 42100 bulldozer B-model. I'm not convinced about the price, so I'm still reserving judgement until more details come out.

55 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I remember when the 8275 came out. People were bashing it left and right, with complaints like not being realistic with one motor per function, or having the cylinder engine connected to only one of the tracks. I think the mix of studded/studless parts was also criticised as "not Technic". Yet fans nowadays put it on a pedestal: nostalgia never takes off its rosy goggles.

Also, more recently, there's the case of the Volvo dump truck: people assumed the worst as soon as the first rumours emerged and, as usual, bashed it and deemed it unworthy of "flagship" status. Then its full details came out, and people were more appreciative of it.

Perfectly said. Could not tell it any better

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

Not sure that's true for everyone. I didn't like the 8275 bulldozer when it was first leaked, when it was released and I still don't like it now :grin:

1 hour ago, allanp said:

I didn't like the 8275 bulldozer when it was first leaked, when it was released and I still don't like it now

This is me

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Yeah same here. I'm easily convinced that a set that large could be around 3.8k pieces, because it's almost exactly the same size as EricTrax's 42100 bulldozer B-model. I'm not convinced about the price, so I'm still reserving judgement until more details come out.

If the Cat is disappointing, I'll just buy a 2nd Liebherr and build the B-model :thumbup:

3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

I think the mix of studded/studless parts was also criticised as "not Technic".

My 8275 is studless.

3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Also, more recently, there's the case of the Volvo dump truck: people assumed the worst as soon as the first rumours emerged and, as usual, bashed it

It's still rubbish.
Steering is pathetic.
Transmission is laughable.

4 hours ago, AVCampos said:

This.

I'm going to wait for official photos and reviews before deciding if it's any good or not.

5 hours ago, AVCampos said:

The 8275 was the first set I brought on a whim after my coming out of my dark ages. I still think it's complete and utter pants as a technic model! However, I was happy to get the set for the for the new track pieces and sprockets.

It could have had a proper gearbox, pneumatics etc. but it was just a motor per function and the drive train for the tracks was abject misery personified in technic. I want a technic model to actually get my grey matter working a little and teach me a little about real-life mechanisms used in real-life objects. This set achieved neither. I would also hope for a Technic set to achieve these goals for children too, whilst maintaining playability.

I personally hope that this D11T set (if it comes out) is not a rehash of 8275.

Edited by richthelegodude

On 3/29/2021 at 2:34 PM, rener said:

Agreed. After having finally seen the picture of the supposed model, I can only conclude that it’s not worth spending more than a few words on it. I mean, look at just the blade: small, ugly and full of holes. No one can convince me that any TLG designer would dare put his signature on that.
And the rest is not much better, especially compared to Eric Trax’ wonderful 42100 B-model.

where is this Pic??

5 minutes ago, Scoar Sonander said:

where is this Pic??

Probably on Instagram tagged with lego_leaks or something. Instagram requires an account now, so I am not going to look for it there... :P

23 minutes ago, richthelegodude said:

I want a technic model to actually get my grey matter working a little and teach me a little about real-life mechanisms used in real-life objects. This set achieved neither. I would also hope for a Technic set to achieve these goals for children too, whilst maintaining playability.

Kinda bad that some of the big Technic sets have less mechanics in them than this set from more then 50 years ago: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/785155362819014656/825073589791096853/iu.png