Maaboo35

42131 - CAT D11 Bulldozer

Recommended Posts

Just now, efferman said:

Could you please make the picture from the same angle like the picture from the Set?

I don't have the set. The photo was posted by another user in the previous page.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Anio said:

4x6 is an unusual dimension for studless.

5x7 would be more appropriate with other odd parts.

edit : definitely not a new part here. It is just part 6629.

On the other hand, we've had 2x4 liftarm for ages and it has been very common since its introduction. 4x6 is also similarly asymmetric, so I see no reason why such part couldn't be introduced. Would be pretty useful even in certain places.

Anyway, the blade would be a pretty strange place for a new liftarm, as 6629 would serve there very well, so probably it's just the photo being distorted enough to make it appear like it's 90°.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It is the usual angled 6x4 beam.

 

That has more sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

It's qitebig

could you please make the picture from the same angle like on the box?

@Ngoc Nguyen, sorry, my fault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, howitzer said:

On the other hand, we've had 2x4 liftarm for ages and it has been very common since its introduction. 4x6 is also similarly asymmetric, so I see no reason why such part couldn't be introduced. Would be pretty useful even in certain places.

 

But 2 x 4iftarm was introduced in 1999 when chassis were bricks build and not based on liftarms

...and bricks have even numbers dimensions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1gor said:

But 2 x 4iftarm was introduced in 1999 when chassis were bricks build and not based on liftarms

I know, but it's still not a brick. Also note that practically every set even today has those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the photo from the real blade next to the truck does show 6629 used, but the box photo is really much photshopped as it's nearly 90°, it does not look like 6629 at all. To bad there isn't a new 6x4 L. I could use it very good on some MOC's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, howitzer said:

I know, but it's still not a brick. Also note that practically every set even today has those.

Agree but 2 x 4 beam was probably develop to fit even numbers system :wink:

I would welcome 4 x 6 beam because I needed it lots of times when building MOCS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Just as a reminder, this was the first leaked picture:

 

https://i.imgur.com/V3muqOA.jpg

 

:D

What is the origin of this model? Indeed a trolling move from TLG? 

 

 

 

 

That's what I said a few months ago. Lego is being clever, releasing fake leaks to avoid piracy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know why people keep saying LEGO wants to avoid (or in this case “fake”) leaks to prevent knockoff companies from copying their sets. I highly doubt knockoff companies would be able to copy this from just a few photos. Especially sets this dense and this big. Besides they don’t really bother with official sets as much (they don’t even have the Liebherr, for example), they focus more on MOCs because those will sell far better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Jos said:

the box photo is really much photshopped as it's nearly 90°

I'd imagine it was fairly difficult to squeeze the D11T onto the box, being as utterly immense as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh, how wrong I was, silly silly me, the first image came out and I shot from the hip, but now the final image is out, and they made it bigger, oh well golly gosh now I just loves it!!! 

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! 

Sorry guys, my view hasn't changed, despite I am surprised it's so different from the initial images. If it was a deliberate misdirection to fool the copy cats, well fair play TLG. I do like the new track parts, I'll be getting a bunch of those. But the set is kinda same old unrealistic motors/LAs combo yet again. So for now it's still a hard pass. More details might come out later which make me change my mind and guess what, that's okay! No need to be so high and mighty when someone changes their mind when new info is released. The ability to change one's mind when better info comes out is actually a good thing believe it or not. But like I say, FOR THE TIME BEING it still looks mechanically unrealistic and uninteresting to me so it's still a pass.

But for a brief moment I did, perhaps foolishly, get my hopes up that I would change my mind. Just this week I saw the new small motors from the new education set, motors which to me look like they would be great for controlling pneumatic valves in RC models. And with the tow truck bringing pneumatics back I wondered if just maybe we'd finally be getting the first RC pneumatic set, and also a pneumatic flagship which we haven't had for 6 years now. And this bulldozer with its rumoured large size and not that many functions would be a perfect test for much more ambitious sets to come in the future. Alas, not this time.

 

Edited by allanp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, allanp said:

If it was a deliberate misdirection to fool the copy cats, well fair play TLG.

I blindly believe in this theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kuja2015 said:

I blindly believe in this theory

Remember that the rumoured price and part count was leaked before the first leaked image. So they very likely had the model much closer to its final size before the first image was "leaked"! So if this is TLGs way of showing retailers and maybe also the hardcore fanbase what's to come without revealing too much to the copy cats well I'm fine with that. I guess from now on we will have to keep in mind that leaked images will change much more drastically than before. Besides the black LAs have been known about for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This set is the Colosseum equivalent of Technic, but it's less repetitive and more mechanically interesting. :laugh:

With its behemoth blade it will have little trouble pushing all previous flagships aside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, allanp said:

Remember that the rumoured price and part count was leaked before the first leaked image. So they very likely had the model much closer to its final size before the first image was "leaked"! So if this is TLGs way of showing retailers and maybe also the hardcore fanbase what's to come without revealing too much to the copy cats well I'm fine with that. I guess from now on we will have to keep in mind that leaked images will change much more drastically than before. Besides the black LAs have been known about for a while.

Yup, that's it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, allanp said:

Oh, how wrong I was, silly silly me, the first image came out and I shot from the hip, but now the final image is out, and they made it bigger, oh well golly gosh now I just loves it!!! 

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! 

Sorry guys, my view hasn't changed, despite I am surprised it's so different from the initial images. If it was a deliberate misdirection to fool the copy cats, well fair play TLG. I do like the new track parts, I'll be getting a bunch of those. But the set is kinda same old unrealistic motors/LAs combo yet again. So for now it's still a hard pass. More details might come out later which make me change my mind and guess what, that's okay! No need to be so high and mighty when someone changes their mind when new info is released. The ability to change one's mind when better info comes out is actually a good thing believe it or not. But like I say, FOR THE TIME BEING it still looks mechanically unrealistic and uninteresting to me so it's still a pass.

But for a brief moment I did, perhaps foolishly, get my hopes up that I would change my mind. Just this week I saw the new small motors from the new education set, motors which to me look like they would be great for controlling pneumatic valves in RC models. And with the tow truck bringing pneumatics back I wondered if just maybe we'd finally be getting the first RC pneumatic set, and also a pneumatic flagship which we haven't had for 6 years now. And this bulldozer with its rumoured large size and not that many functions would be a perfect test for much more ambitious sets to come in the future. Alas, not this time.

 

Respect @allanp, but you're missing the point.  The comments were not directed at folks changing their mind.  At all.  No one said its fun to watch people change their minds with new information.  

What was said it that it is amusing to see to vociferous nature of folks sooo early in the process of models being released.  Especially when we now have multiple data points of models changing as their release date nearing. :wink:

That is great that you haven't changed your mind.  That is not the case for others, however. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, it looks like the blade tilting/pitching linear actuators are driven by the angular motor, placed upright (cable on top, LBG part with axle hole down) behind the upper wheel:

LEGO-42131-CAT-D11-T-Bulldozer-leak-02.j

LEGO-Technic-42114-6x6-volvo-articulated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jundis said:

For me, it looks like the blade tilting/pitching linear actuators are driven by the angular motor, placed upright (cable on top, LBG part with axle hole down) behind the upper wheel:

Doesn't look like anything else, so I'd agree with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if there'll be any new criss-cross beams in this set or not. There certainly doesn't need to be, but Lego seems willing to introduce them any time it's convenient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks pretty good from those first photos now.

Slightly disappointed that the vertical blade cylinders appear to be fake, as it appears is the top one on the rear ripper.
Wouldn’t think it was that difficult to add the real ones on?

It would be cool though if it was pneumatics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jundis said:

For me, it looks like the blade tilting/pitching linear actuators are driven by the angular motor, placed upright (cable on top, LBG part with axle hole down) behind the upper wheel:

Angular motors are driving tracks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For me it looks like we get 7 real large LA (or two of them xl) with 6 separate motors to give the front blade 4 individual LAs for full realistic motion, and the rear ripper two motions. That is 8 functions in all with four of them used to give the front ripper full range of motion, but it might be that tilt and lift are driven by two motors linked to two and two LAs for a reduced range of motion. But from the latest pics (check out promobricks.de) it seems like all 7 LAs are real.

In my opinion this has the potential of being one of the best RC sets TLG has ever made. It might be all the way up there with the 42100 with even more playability...

-ED-

Edited by Nazgarot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nazgarot said:

In my opinion this has the potential of being one of the best RC sets TLG has ever made. It might be all the way up there with the 42100 with even more playability...

I loved dozers and graders and I had them when I was a child but I can not remember me playing or having fun with them, I played with trucks and loaders because the playability of a dozer is just push and sometimes use the ripper another entertaining thing... Despite everything they continue to hypnotize me whenever I see them. I am sorry if some dozer driver was damaged with this comment, I really envy you a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While everyone focusing on discussion about this set, PROMOBRICKS said this will be the last Technic set in 2021… which means 42127 & 42130 will be kept vacant…… right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.