1 hour ago, Doug72 said:

All I get is a constant squeaking noise from somewhere inside, presumably one of the motors but unable to figure out which one.

There is a video by kbalage (if I remember correctly) linked in one of the 42128 topics where he investigates on the switching behaviour of the gearbox. Basically this is to ensure that both motors of the non-driving function are able to turn freely.

Thus if you cannot get any movement of the blade (if I remember the procedure correctly this is done first) there would be something blocked inside. A good part of the gearbox is visible from the bottom for a sight check.

Beside the calibrating you could the the function test that is recommended during the build procedure to check if the indicated parts are working.

1 hour ago, Doug72 said:

I can't talk well but in my think selector L motor has problem. Is that 'squizing noise' seems like press something hardly? If it is right, than maybe selector L motor has encoder problem.

20 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

Which motor goes to which PF receiver ?

The motors are uniquely color coded, and the corresponding port on the receiver has a tile of the same color.

21 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

and did you used a bespoke hand held contoller.

No, I used the regular PF IR controller.

19 hours ago, Dylan M said:

So the "D11T" first production set is some kind of a Collector's item/set and only in a limited stock? 

Luckily, i saw seller that has 1 on it...😎

It’s not a collectors item, it’s only the box that’s different not the manual or decals inside so it’s not anything to get excited about at all.

Re-set all data and tried testing.

CAT D11 problems.

So far I have been unable to calibrate this as required on page 169

I Have gone back to first page and re-built it.

Every step checked and double checked before moving on.

Suspect something in the gear box with multiple red gears is correct.

Now rebuilt gear box section 5 times and ensured the orange gear selector is in the correctly positioned.

But after initial movemnt gets mis aligned !!

Checked all cable correctly made to the hub and fresh batteries in the hub.

On starting calibration at page 169 -  press red lever and connects OK to iPad, there is some movement of gears back & forth & orange selector -  then just squeaking noise from the hub.

Moved my iPad close to my router to ensure gets a good signal.

I am not  fan of Control + and it looks very likely I will revert to PF control, unless anyone has ideas why I am having trouble.

Thanks in advance for any helpful ideas.

One more try & if that fail its PF Time !!!

Doug72

On the other hand, I'm quite becoming a fan of it! It would be a lot either harder or cumbersome to do with PF or EV3 my M:Tron "monorail" being able to roll around and automatically stop for a few moments on specific areas of the track.

59 minutes ago, higgins91 said:

do you have other PU element? motor or hub to do a cross test?

NO
I tried changing which hub port the  motors connect to but got "incorrect connection"

I will try one more time.

You can also use the test function in BrickController 2 to see if you can connect to the hub and run the motors. You don't need to have a gamepad for that.

1 hour ago, Doug72 said:

Suspect something in the gear box with multiple red gears is correct.

Now rebuilt gear box section 5 times and ensured the orange gear selector is in the correctly positioned.

But after initial movemnt gets mis aligned !!

Doug72

What gets "misaligned"?

Create a simple PU program to check the motors and if they are connected correctly. tbh it sounds a like a) motor damaged b) gear blocked c) motor at wrong connector

I have check connections are correct. If they are wrong you get a warning message. "Incorrect connection"

When programe starts the drive to the ladder runs for a short time in one direction then seleltor changes over and drive to ladder runs the other way and but does not then oroceed to the next test.

I will use the excellent instructions by  @Ngoc Nguyen for a PF version,

5 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

I have check connections are correct. If they are wrong you get a warning message. "Incorrect connection"

When programe starts the drive to the ladder runs for a short time in one direction then seleltor changes over and drive to ladder runs the other way and but does not then oroceed to the next test.

You do not get this message if you switch both L-motors - because they are both L-motors ;)

6 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

The instruction doesn't specify how to set up the channels, but the overall idea is that one channel will control two related functions:

- 1 for blade lift and tilt
- 1 for ripper lift and tilt
- 1 for two tracks
- 1 for ladder

I use channel 1 for tracks, 2 for blade, 3 for ripper, and 4 for ladder.

2 hours ago, Doug72 said:

I tried changing which hub port the  motors connect to but got "incorrect connection"

Did you consider to check if the motors are working correctly - as a single / before built into the model?
This could be done using the Powered Up app to avoid the check if correct set of motors is connected. Other option would be to select a different technic set profile that has one or two L type motor(s) (One of the 'buggy' cars perhaps). This would avoid the elaborate gear changing procedure that is programmed into the 42131 profile.

Edited by anyUser

It's too late now for Doug72 to give C+ any more try. :laugh:

Once you've had a taste of PF's immediacy and lack of unnecessary troubles, you wouldn't want to go back to C+..:laugh:

11 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It's too late now for Doug72 to give C+ any more try. :laugh:

Once you've had a taste of PF's immediacy and lack of unnecessary troubles, you wouldn't want to go back to C+..:laugh:

Agree, I had problems setting up for the Libeer excavator, not a fan of Control plus.

Have started the PF build and I have kept all the sub modules from the CAT D11 for reuse, just need to strip stage 1 parts first.

3 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

Agree, I had problems setting up for the Libeer excavator, not a fan of Control plus.

I'm putting some finishing touches on the Liebherr PF conversion. It should be published this month.

I have kept all the sub modules from the CAT D11 for reuse, just need to strip stage 1 parts first.

Strip the gearbox as well. Also, I put the motor for the ladder right under the cabin, so you might have to disassemble some parts beneath the chair.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Have started the PF build and I have kept all the sub modules from the CAT D11 for reuse, just need to strip stage 1 parts first.

You are not even checking if a motor is damaged? xD

27 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

You are not even checking if a motor is damaged? xD

The 2 L motors run OK and activate the gears & change selector, with output to the ladder drive.drive

But so far calibration has not continued further to run the XL motors.

10 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

The 2 L motors run OK and activate the gears & change selector, with output to the ladder drive.drive

But so far calibration has not continued further to run the XL motors.

There is no calibration for the XL motors. They just drive.

Video with timecode:

On 12/20/2020 at 9:21 PM, S.I said:

"Gelbe vom Ei" is just a german expression.

Bulldozer would be quite tempting, the original PF bulldozer was the set that got me back into lego.

Now done the calibration,as per page 169 & found if I applied resistance to the ladder drive it reversed and next function ran, then the XL motor control screen appeared and now able to drive both XL motors for driving and turning.

So all motors OK, need fresh batteries now !!!.

Edited by Doug72

There was a lot of topics about the Volvo hauler not working correctly after it was released, and I was curious to see if there really was something that made it really difficult to build and operate. So when I got it for a nice discount, I bought it and built it and it worked absolutely perfectly, no problems at all for me, though it was quite uninteresting after the initial testing, so I soon took it apart.

Now I'm similarly curious about this bulldozer too, the building experience seems great by all accounts, and I wonder if I'd experience problems in getting it to work. Hopefully it will be available soon for a nice discount too, the current 350€ offering is far above from what I'm willing to pay for it...