7 minutes ago, kbalage said:

you don't have to believe me in the age of "only negativity can be trusted",

8 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I'm an adult, I also see the price tag and can perfectly evaluate that factor as well and take it into consideration in the review.

Very, very valid points. An excellent post.:thumbup:

23 hours ago, technicfan said:

All I say is thank god for Afterpay or Laybuy here in NZ, that's going to be the only way I can afford this.

I'll just wait for Sariel's review before I make my decision on buying this. 

Visa lite. For every purchase over $1k its interest free for six months. If you are good with managing money it's a very useful tool which I use a lot due to the nature of my job.

I would like one. But I'm certainly not paying retail prices.  The days of seing 25% off are certainly gone in nz.  The best results we could see is a warehouse price match price beat. 

It wont be over $1k, should hopefully be around $800nzd i would think. The price doesn't really matter to me, it is what it is. Hopefully get one on sale at some point.

Edited by technicfan

It would have been great to see black and yellow cone gears in this set. Given that they have appeared in previous sets, this wouldn't have been impossible to accomplish.

Some D11s do have a black ladder, though, so at least that's accurate enough.

Does anyone know how many track pieces are included? 116?

Edited by efferman

2 minutes ago, efferman said:

Does anyone know how many track pieces are included?

Count from this image

LEGO-Technic-42131-CAT-D11T-Bulldozer-si

Edited by Bartybum

@Bricktrain would you be willing to move your work over to the mods and improvements thread? Would make it easier to follow all the amazing work you and @efferman are doing to make this beast better. 

22 hours ago, 1gor said:

Iyellow 5 x 7 frames...

Did any were already highlighted?

30 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Did any were already highlighted?

Frame under the cab and under top wheels:
241119022_581943822822105_70739829663440

1 hour ago, M_longer said:

Frame under the cab and under top wheels:

:thumbup:

On 8/30/2021 at 7:15 PM, Gray Gear said:

@suffocation It's not that I don't respect him, he has great talent for sure, but the way he left wasn't exactly nice imo.

And what I said wasn't wrong either, right? He didn't post here very actively if he hadn't released a new MOC. Nothing wrong about that, its his decision. But that does make people not notice his absence once he left for good.

Sorry for going off topic but i can't help but say you should check Sariels comments from time to time on Youtube, the guy was never nice, just very arrogant and rude.

Also the CAT looks to be alright, very detailed but not really interesting, kinda like the big white crane from a while ago.
It's only selling point will be it's size, maybe a good set for parts but even then you really need to like yellow, and have deep pockets.

Really dissapointed in this and last years line-up in general tbh, only the tow truck stands out imo.

6 minutes ago, jshuiting said:

Sorry for going off topic but i can't help but say you should check Sariels comments from time to time on Youtube, the guy was never nice, just very arrogant and rude.

No, he just knows what he's talking about.

8 minutes ago, jshuiting said:

Really dissapointed in this and last years line-up in general tbh, only the tow truck stands out imo.

I agree with you on 2020. Last year was a bust. But we've had some pretty cool stuff this year - the skid steer, excavator and the Monster Jam trucks are all excellent, and the Jeep is alright. The 2H wave has mostly been a disappointment though.

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

No, he just knows what he's talking about

He frequently came off as a dick.

There is already a post about this guys.  

If you have comments regarding posting style, lets post there where @sariel's comment style was a frequent topic.  This thread is about 42131.  

Maybe you guys should create your own topic, I consider it bad form, to speak of members that are no longer part of the forum, I believe enough has been said, can we please just stick with the topic on hand.

Trying real hard to like this set, mainly because I have always wanted a big Technic dozer, starting to think though a moc would be the way to go. I certainly have enough yellow, with all the recent sets, glad for that.

On 8/30/2021 at 7:56 PM, Milan said:

This is a thread for the CAT bulldozer. Back on topic, please.

As the Technic forum wasn't a place for melodramatic farewells, it also certainly isn't a place to discuss anyone's behavior.

This topic will be left to cool down a bit.

Topic is unlocked.
Don't ruin it for those who want to discuss the CAT.

For the member's behavior, arrogance, and their posting styles, use the proper topic, I have merged two of the same topics:

I don't mind everyone expressing themselves over there, but keep it civil.

I have changed the title from 42131 - CAT D11T Bulldozer to 42131 - CAT D11 Bulldozer :sweet:

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I have changed the title from 42131 - CAT D11T Bulldozer to 42131 - CAT D11 Bulldozer :sweet:

Thanks Jim, that was killing me. :laugh:

Edited by Maaboo35

4 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Thanks Jim, that was killing me. :laugh:

Finally, we can sleep tonight :laugh: