Just now, Polarlicht said:

Is it me or do the stickers on the side hood yellow panels look like you can see through them and imitate the internals?

Yeah. The stickers on the nose of the Volvo A60H do the same thing.

I don't get this set either. None of these functions require the model to be this big, so why not keep it smaller and ask a price a child could actually afford? Making a bigger model for the sake of the size alone is stupid imo.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Yeah. The stickers on the nose of the Volvo A60H do the same thing.

I have this set and never noticed it: :D

------------

And one image on the box back side shows the old track pieces LOL

2 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Liebherr PR 776 ;)
And this C model does use top sprockets as driven ones.

Cool, I didn't know that. Thought that perhaps CAT had a patent on that

But Liebherrs are white so that could only be a CAT anyway :wink:

Just now, 1974 said:

Cool, I didn't know that. Thought that perhaps CAT had a patent on that

But Liebherrs are white so that could only be a CAT anyway :wink:

Some Liebherr dozers are yellow but have white cabs.

1 minute ago, 1974 said:

Thought that perhaps CAT had a patent on that

the 776 is, as far as i know, the first dozer outside of Caterpillar with Delta Tracks

Acco dozer used the same configuration but I do not know if the drive sprocket is the same, for sure M_Longer will kindly tell us.

mxCoGcE.jpg

5 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

for sure M_Longer will kindly tell us.

Top and rear:
The transmission operates through two drive sprockets for each track to create torque generated from the engines.
240781696_354948049646217_93004582469782

Edited by M_longer

16 minutes ago, 1974 said:

But TLG should go full Model Team/Creator with this then. Ditch the electronics and have manually operated LAs. Then build the entire machine with bricks not liftarms and panels

Looks MUCH better and will be played with just as much by those +18 buyers anyway

Well, yeah. But apparently the theme leads and marketing people at TLG disagree :(

1 hour ago, Citromon said:

Could someone explain me, way this thing, that have 3 motors and 1 hub less ($210 on Lego site) than the Liebherr costs the same amount of money? This is ridiculous!  

Given how they're marketing it (see the display-biased description on the website and the 18+ label) I guess their pricing is based on their "supercar logic", which sucks HEWGE.

Just now, Akbalder said:

The track parts are very different from the old one. It seems that their shape could be useful for gbc.

maybe, not very useful for crawler cranes though, and the wrong colour 

9 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I don't get this set either. None of these functions require the model to be this big, so why not keep it smaller and ask a price a child could actually afford? Making a bigger model for the sake of the size alone is stupid imo.

TLG is exploring a new untapped audience. LEGO is "cool" now, Lots of non-AFOLs are buying LEGO. Lots of people with lots of money. but also people who do not like to be seen carrying a toy home, hence the black boxes (which goes directly against TLG's green goal. Not many micro grams of coal(?) goes into a box, but time that with tens of millions - you got a serious problem)

I guess it all started around the time "UCS" Porsche was released. Which also happens to be around the same time some of the key members left TLG. Key members that had help TLG survive the stupid shit that almost killed the company ("A firetruck needs to look like a firetruck, not like a goddamn pre-kindergarden toy from outer space"! (somewhat paraphrased by me))

It took TLG WAY too long to aknowledge the AFOL community (megabluck, Daniel Krentz was probably the first one and he got hired way back in 70's). Heck, Kjeld didn't even get it in 2004 (read the book "The Miracle in Billund")

But it did not take TLG very long to pick up that there is a new segment buying LEGO. So the sales numbers must speak for themselves

This is why we get "useless" very expensive Technic sets (they can be identified by the marketing, packaging and "coffee-table" instructions and very little to no cool Technic features

Luckily there are still some hardcore nerds left at TLG, hence the new two truck

This set is very highly priced but I don't understand why people are trying to find an explanation for this price. A lot of things in our life cost much more than their value, often we pay more just for the brand (actually we pay more for Lego than for any other clone brand, and often the quality is basically the same). Marketing department decides what is the most suitable price for an object, they have the production cost and they decide the margin.

The brand Cat is surely an attractive factor, I'm sure lot of people will buy the first Lego Technic Cat model and will not care about the price.

The 18+ thing is only a box art style to help adults (not Afols) to identify products more suitable for them, it was explained when it was introduced. 

5 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Why does 42116 get black bushes while 42131 still gets those unsightly red ones?

May be the price? Imagine how may of them thay are - they will definitelly drop the index of "Black 1L bush" over the World once released in a such number :laugh:

2 minutes ago, mpj said:

but I don't understand why people are trying to find an explanation for this price

So I don't overpay for the stuff I need. Pretty basic

@1974

Regarding size: In almost every video/stream/conversation/... some sais something like "woooah a big XYZ THAT would be great..." and most agree. And here we are... 42055, 42082, 42100... Star Wars UCS,...

Or: "So many Supercars on rebrickable, lego should do that!"... and here we are...

And I'm pretty sure a lot of people said pneumatics suck for playing, because it's hard to control and doesn't hold the position....

But you know what? I don't care about cars and I like pneumatics :D And I'm going to buy the CAT and I think one of the first things I'm going to try is to switch the shield to a jaw with some teeth =) And I wonder if all panels are available in olive green and/or some gray for a "post apocalypse dozer" ;) Because buying sets, just to own the sets... sounds not like as much fun as doing stupid things with this stuff. I bought the Liebherr 2 years go and I'm still tinkering around with it, best buy ever, mainly because of PU :D Mabye I should combine both sets into one machine :o

1 minute ago, Gimmick said:

@1974

Regarding size: In almost every video/stream/conversation/... some sais something like "woooah a big XYZ THAT would be great..." and most agree. And here we are... 42055, 42082, 42100... Star Wars UCS,...

Or: "So many Supercars on rebrickable, lego should do that!"... and here we are...

And I'm pretty sure a lot of people said pneumatics suck for playing, because it's hard to control and doesn't hold the position....

But you know what? I don't care about cars and I like pneumatics :D And I'm going to buy the CAT and I think one of the first things I'm going to try is to switch the shield to a jaw with some teeth =) And I wonder if all panels are available in olive green and/or some gray for a "post apocalypse dozer" ;) Because buying sets, just to own the sets... sounds not like as much fun as doing stupid things with this stuff. I bought the Liebherr 2 years go and I'm still tinkering around with it, best buy ever, mainly because of PU :D Mabye I should combine both sets into one machine :o

What has size got to with it? Did I mention that?

Pneumatics do not suck for playing, if it did it would have been phased out years ago. It's comming up to a 40 year anniversary soon

Handcranked LAs do for sure!

9 minutes ago, 1974 said:

You don't, others do. 

They set the price and then people decide.

My statement was about the neverending attempt to find the explanation/justification of the price. The answer is not (only) inside the number of parts or the number of motors.

In my opinion it is a nice set. It could have been better and we had been expecting more otherwise we may have been happy with it. The price is definitely off-putting for what we expect at that price. 

I don't expect to purchase it as a set but I have started building it from parts and therefore am pretty comfortable with it. 

Many people will be happy to buy it, probably not so much AFOLs though.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The angular motor has axle holes on both sides.

After looking at official images :)

240781004_369136971483222_79495179785991

Just now, mpj said:

You don't, others do. 

They set the price and then people decide.

My statement was about the neverending attempt to find the explanation/justification of the price. The answer is not (only) inside the number of parts or the number of motors.

Sure it's not, I just gave an explanation of the whole +18 thing

Parts(price have always been bunk. It's better to look at what parts, not how many

That said, fancy manuals also do cost a fvckton of money

5 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Exactly. I buy almost all my bricks from china. If I can make a custom order for like 6 cents per brick , why would I still pay over 10 cents/piece for a LEGO set? Apparently Control+ components are made of pure gold.

Prices are getting more and more ridiculous. I mean, compared to the Liebherr this is a terrible deal, and the Liebherr was waaay overpriced already...