25 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

..lets hope @Jim does a glass-half-full review to compensate for his glass-half-empty one then!! Seriously though, i always find my personal experience on buying the set to be more in line with jim's perspective than sariels. Others will no doubt have the opposite experience!

Second this. Plus I really enjoy Jim's gorgeous photos, and in general I prefer pictorial reviews over video.

Looks like a great build. Can’t wait for someone to find a way to use the spare space to fit a few more motors and hub in.

1 hour ago, mpj said:

New black actuators with DBG connectors are ridiculous, simply ridiculous.

Agreed. TLG couldn't shell out for new mounts with what they're charging for this thing?

The half black half DBG linear actuator only reinforces how this set feels to me: half-baked. The fact that this set is at this scale and price but uses fake brick-built cylinder is just so unsettling.

Look at that huge space under the cabin.

https://wx2.sinaimg.cn/large/8443bdbbly1gtuawpmkwwj21lx12mkjm.jpg

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

On the pics we've seen recently, the LA mounts look black to me, at least on the main front box image where it's seen diagonally.

I did notice it's DBG in this video, if it's really the case for the finished model, it's indeed a shame.
But I haven't seen enough of the official/"official" images/box art to be 100% sure.

DBG mounts for LA's are perfectly in line with the old ones, as they also had DBG mounts and backsides, in addition to the piston's end attachment, they just changed the LBG part of LA's to black. For completely black LA they'd have to make 4 new elements instead of just one as they did now. I don't really see what additional value it would have brought to make them completely black.

Hint? Huw flat out states it's got four motors and one hub

But apparantly it can walk so that's why it's so expensive :kahuka:

Still like the Dozer but won't buy it as, for me, it feels too expensive for a Lego toy.

But am I the only one who is annoyed by the latest video and pictures? This ultra fancy place, no mess, bike at the wall which obviously was never used, books neatly piled up, of course an old camera and healthy plants ;). This looks as lifeless as an IKEA catalogue and just doesn't work for me. 

2 hours ago, Jundis said:

In this case, the width of the tracks fits quite nicely. According to the official spec sheet, the track width varies from 710 ... 915 mm, as the real machine has different track sizes for different working grounds. According to the pics, TLG represents the narrowest blade available, which has a width of 5584 mm. Counting studs on the front LBG lip + 1 stud per side and given the angle of the black part on the blade's sides, overall it's 49 studs. So 1 stud is about 114 mm. Track width should be 6.22 ... 8 studs.

Let´s see a real D11, maybe Lego has used the wider tracks ok, but where you see 23,4 studs the set has almost 28 or more, a too much wide set as usual but the drive sprocket has been put better than I thought, maybe can we have suspension...? I think not... 

J6n2nsM.png

2 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

maybe can we have suspension...? I think not... 

Looks like the tracks can be tensioned manually, so at least that's something...

10 minutes ago, howitzer said:

I don't really see what additional value it would have brought to make them completely black.

All black LA's would have looked a lot better. All the fake cylinders are all black too, so it only makes sense. And I think TLG could have afforded to recolor the pieces for the price they are asking for this.

2 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

All black LA's would have looked a lot better. All the fake cylinders are all black too, so it only makes sense. And I think TLG could have afforded to recolor the pieces for the price they are asking for this.

Ymmv, but in my opinion the all-black colouring would've been a minor tweak at best, nowhere near important enough to warrant whole three additional new elements. And no, adding them wouldn't justify the price any more than it is now.

1 minute ago, Bricktrain said:

Until we see what comes in the official set it probably isn't worth getting too upset about it.

This is the official set.

3 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

This is the official set.

the ones on the box pics appeared black but could be mistaken.

Edited by Bricktrain

18 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Looks like the tracks can be tensioned manually, so at least that's something...

You are right it is something new.

Many people considered the Zetros overpriced. It has 2100 parts and some new pieces, including new tyres, relatively expensive ones like the wheel hubs, plus 4 motors, one of them new one in Technic (Although not very usefull, true). The CAT has almost the double of pieces, and not-that-valuable new pieces, costing 50% more (150 EUR). So, basically, the difference in price is the piece counting, circa 1800 pieces, which is close to the piece count of the Heavy tow truck (150 EUR). Is true that one could argue that the type of pieces included in one and other models are not exactly comparable, but this comparison gives me indeed the idea that, at least the Zetros and the CAT, are in the same range of "proportional price". 

My personal opinion, which applies to the Zetros and the CAT is that both are pricey. The CAT lost all the interest for me, while the Zetros is better (nevertheless, still out of my budget)... but it is just a matter of taste. 

37 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

You are. The brackets are DBG on the box.

No problem, I will be using DBG actuators in my build anyway.

Edited by Bricktrain