1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

:(((((((((((((((((

I understand, but real one has angled lower part of the blade. Caterpillar_D11.jpg

Edited by 1gor

8 hours ago, SNIPE said:

OK,

I actually think the bent beams are a new parts, not just the 4 x 6 45 degree beam, I think it is a 4 x 6 L beam, it cannot be a 3 x 5 because it does not fit.

Looking at the image of the box of the set, they look too steep to be 45 degrees, more like 90 degrees. 

Also, regarding my previous comment, yes the 2 x 1 grill slopes fit with a small gap so idk why lego didn't use them hehe.

I suggest you build it and the sides also and then see what you think then. ;-) 

11 hours ago, SNIPE said:

OK,

I actually think the bent beams are a new parts, not just the 4 x 6 45 degree beam, I think it is a 4 x 6 L beam, it cannot be a 3 x 5 because it does not fit.

Looking at the image of the box of the set, they look too steep to be 45 degrees, more like 90 degrees.

Also, regarding my previous comment, yes the 2 x 1 grill slopes fit with a small gap so idk why lego didn't use them hehe.

No way those are 90° in the set!!

I'm divided on whether I prefer one motor per function, or one motor multiplexed for several functions: in the former case it's simpler and has less points of failure (anyone remembers the outriggers on 42009?), while in the latter case the gearing is more interesting to build and see work.

How does the control for each of the gearbox-driven function work, I wonder? What I can think of is that either

- You push a button / slide a slider for a function on the app, and the selector motor will rotate to the corresponding function while the drive motor spins the axle,
or
- You push a button to change the selector motor, and push another button / slide a slider to control the direction of that function.

I don't know how it's implemented, but personally I'd prefer the 2nd option: the first one adds too much latency to the controls, even for a slow-moving machine like a bulldozer.

3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

I don't know how it's implemented, but personally I'd prefer the 2nd option: the first one adds too much latency to the controls, even for a slow-moving machine like a bulldozer.

I guess it will bascially be the same as in the 42114: You press a button -> the function will be selected and executed -> 4 Funktion -> 8 buttons or 4 levers.

And I guess they will add a calibration helper like the clip in the 42114, so in the worst case the selector has to turn 270°. But if you create your own PU profile, you can remove and optimize that for faster selection. But we will see..

Edited by Gimmick

5 hours ago, msk6003 said:

I hope rumerd 1 hub 4 motor is fake....

That's not a rumor :))

18 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Nope. There's no magic behind the blade angles:

6629.png

2 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Oh ok, it just looked like 90 degrees in the photo.

Edited by SNIPE

2 minutes ago, M_longer said:

That's not a rumor :))

6629.png

Not include 3x11 taperd panel like efferman commented in very early?

Regardless of they're rumors or not, it the official set comes with 1 hub and 4 motors, I don't complain, I'll just get disappointed about Lego and, obviously, I won't buy it. 

Unfortunately, despite all the complains, many people will still buy it, giving to TLG the motivation to continue increasing prices. 

Anyway... Just wait.

34 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Not include 3x11 taperd panel like efferman commented in very early?

They are behind the blade shaping its sides, lower blade angle is made with these liftarms.

Just now, M_longer said:

They are behind the blade shaping its sides, lower blade angle is made with these liftarms.

Than this set include only 2 new part, 7 wide trade and thin taperd panel?

2 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

and thin taperd panel?

There are no new panels. I have interpreted your post in a wrong way. Standard 5x11 18945  panels :)
So only tracks are new.

Edited by M_longer

7 wide tracks?, I thought it was new just the color... the old ones were already too wide... another bad new... Please Lego watch closer any tracks because they are almost all narrower than you build, well in fact they had the same problem with the wheels until a few time...

Edited by jorgeopesi

7 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

7 wide tracks?, I thought it was new just the color... the old ones were already too wide... another bad new... Please Lego watch closer any tracks because they are almost all narrower than you build, well in fact they had the same problem with the wheels until a few time...

In this case, the width of the tracks fits quite nicely. According to the official spec sheet, the track width varies from 710 ... 915 mm, as the real machine has different track sizes for different working grounds. According to the pics, TLG represents the narrowest blade available, which has a width of 5584 mm. Counting studs on the front LBG lip + 1 stud per side and given the angle of the black part on the blade's sides, overall it's 49 studs. So 1 stud is about 114 mm. Track width should be 6.22 ... 8 studs.

Edited by Jundis

There's a promotional video on Instagram (search for dylanchow).

New black actuators with DBG connectors are ridiculous, simply ridiculous.

16 hours ago, msk6003 said:

@Sariel says he will upload review in septmber 10th. I can't wait review! I hope rumerd 1 hub 4 motor is fake....

..lets hope @Jim does a glass-half-full review to compensate for his glass-half-empty one then!! Seriously though, i always find my personal experience on buying the set to be more in line with jim's perspective than sariels. Others will no doubt have the opposite experience!