1 hour ago, eric trax said:

- 2x Large Angular motor separately for each track without connection to the gearbox.

- 2x Large motors: First one drive functions, second one for operate a gearbox similar to the 42114 (four positions) to control four functions: Blade Lift, Blade Tilt/Pitch, Ladder Lift and Ripper Lift - only one at a time

At least, there is really no point to control the Ladder, Ripper and Blade at the same time. The only question is for Blade Lift and tilt, but possibly being not a constrction man, I never saw that dozers ever changed the tilt during routine operations.

A quick search in Google revealed to me that the tilt normally is set basing on the material (soil, gravel, sand, etc.) types and then rarely changes during the scraping operations. So, there is really no necessity to control the tilt and lift at the same time, like it may be required for loaders.

That's HUUUUUUGE... disappointment :sceptic:. I hope those new tracks pieces will be available at B&P for more civilised price, and even if they were more than 1€, it would still be an easy decision not to buy the set but only parts instead. That would still leave me 300+€ for better and reasonably priced sets or parts... not to mention that Eric Trax and MLonger made a fantastic B model for 42100... For black LA's I don't care that much...

Considering 42114 is regularly sold for $210-240 AUD it’s going to be cheaper to buy that as a start and then get the missing parts for surely less than $500. Will be interesting to see when the details are revealed.

1 hour ago, kiwimtnbkr said:

Has anyone bothered to factor in the cost of developing the C+ app to control this thing?

I’ll program it with sbrick’s app if I can get $200 cash back on rrp

6 hours ago, kiwimtnbkr said:

Has anyone bothered to factor in the cost of developing the C+ app to control this thing?

If that is $100 per set then TLG has the best paid coders on the planet

5 hours ago, Richombx said:

I’ll program it with sbrick’s app if I can get $200 cash back on rrp

Not possible without changing the mechanics ;) But you can program it with PU  :D

48 minutes ago, kbalage said:

If that is $100 per set then TLG has the best paid coders on the planet

To be honest: The set would not be cheaper with PF :D

I’m not sure what mechanics you say need changing since we don’t actually know what’s inside 42131 or how it works yet.

38 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

Not possible without changing the mechanics ;) But you can program it with PU  :D

To be honest: The set would not be cheaper with PF :D

44 minutes ago, Richombx said:

I’m not sure what mechanics you say need changing since we don’t actually know what’s inside 42131 or how it works yet.

I trust eric and M_longer here. And for a gearbox with 4 outputs, you have to build a stepper mechanism, if you want to use PF.

The nice thing about the gearbox solution: It's easier to use with the train controller. ;) 6 Buttons - 2 for the motor/direction = 4 for selecting the function. In combination with the touch interface for driving and sensors, I think the model will be relatively smooth to use. Everything combined in a frame, like @kbalage did for the 42100 in one of his videos...

And it's possible to add some indicators, buttons, fart sounds... :pir-murder:

I’m not mentioning power functions, keep all the intervals the same with powered up components but control it with a 3rd party app not the c+ lego app. the powered up app, Sbrick, BrickController2 and this new Pybricks can help control c+ sets when the standard app does not suit such as with Eric and m_longer’e pr776 dozer moc

1 hour ago, Gimmick said:

I trust eric and M_longer here. And for a gearbox with 4 outputs, you have to build a stepper mechanism, if you want to use PF.

The nice thing about the gearbox solution: It's easier to use with the train controller. ;) 6 Buttons - 2 for the motor/direction = 4 for selecting the function. In combination with the touch interface for driving and sensors, I think the model will be relatively smooth to use. Everything combined in a frame, like @kbalage did for the 42100 in one of his videos...

And it's possible to add some indicators, buttons, fart sounds... :pir-murder:

2 hours ago, Richombx said:

I’m not mentioning power functions, keep all the intervals the same with powered up components but control it with a 3rd party app not the c+ lego app. the powered up app, Sbrick, BrickController2 and this new Pybricks can help control c+ sets when the standard app does not suit such as with Eric and m_longer’e pr776 dozer moc

A bit pointless to use a 3rd party app when anyone can download the app for free, if you already have control plus app on auto-update you will get it regardless. 

Building it from parts will most likely be the cheapest option if the track sections are available at a reasonable price, though being the unique part in a licensed set it is possible they may not be available from Bricks and Pieces

Wonder why they have not announced it yet. Both october pickup sets are already reviewed by people.

I guess we can expect the first reviews coming mid september...

2 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Both october pickup sets are already reviewed by people.

Maybe CAT wants it to be secret.

Using a 3rd person app was a solution to the suggestion that the cost of additional app development for this kit was why the price remained high whilst the amount of c+ equipment halted compared to 42100 for the same cost. I’m sure someone will be parting out 42131’s on BrickLink so the new track elements will be available 

Edited by Richombx

Since this is a legitimate leak and not a staged one most reviewers cannot reveal anything till lego gives permission. Hopefully we don’t have to wait till minexpo next month for a official reveal from lego and cat 

Edited by Richombx

Seems like only I think like this.

First RC bulldozer of techinic is 8275 in 2007. Each of it's function has one motor and introduced of new track system.

First RC excavator of technic is 8043 in 2010. It has 4 motor with transmission gearbox and even caused by technical problam but introduced of new linear actuator.

Now, first RC excavator of technic with control+ is 42100 in 2019, Each of it's function has one motor and introduced of new XL linear actuator.

First RC bulldozer of technic with control+ is 42131 in 2021, It has 4 motor with transmission gearbox and introduced of new track(7wide).

It seems very similar...

Edited by msk6003

44 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

It has 4 motor

Did you see the parts list?
Or the building instructions?
Or a demo like they did with the R9800?

If not than is no HAS but MIGHT HAVE

12 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Did you see the parts list?
Or the building instructions?
Or a demo like they did with the R9800?

If not than is no HAS but MIGHT HAVE

You should read earlier posts in this topic. Several people have commented with such a confidence that there's 4 motors + gearbox (one for each track, one gear selector and one function driving motor) that I can only assume that they have seen the model and its parts list.

I reckon the four-motor-cum-gearbox approach makes sense for a bulldozer. You want independent motors for each track to handle the model's weight; the other moving parts are light enough to work smoothly with a gearbox and, in terms of play value, don't really need to work simultaneously. This isn't the case with the Liebherr: multiple sections of the arm need to move at the same time - and the arm is pretty heavy to boot.

My only issue is the price of this thing and no, no amount of software, new moulds and licensing gibberish can justify the same price point as the Liebherr with pretty much the same part count but half the electronics.

In my opinion and with all the respect, and despite all the reliable comments pointing out that there's only one hub and 4 motors, I'll wait for the official release. Honestly, for me it's hard to believe this price with these electronic components. 

3 hours ago, howitzer said:

You should read earlier posts in this topic. Several people have commented with such a confidence that there's 4 motors + gearbox (one for each track, one gear selector and one function driving motor) that I can only assume that they have seen the model and its parts list.

No they have not,
They are all parrots.
There was only one leak of a box and thats were all this fantasies are build on.

15 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

No they have not,
They are all parrots.
There was only one leak of a box and thats were all this fantasies are build on.

You should really get to know the members of the forum more before you make such strong comments yourself.  @erictrax and @M_longer are very reputable builders, especially with these kinds of builds. They would not be stating things the way they are without inside information.   

42 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

No they have not,
They are all parrots.

Well. This quote won't get old very well. I will come back for it after the official presentation.

Edited by eric trax