5 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

The more I watch the side pic from the phone the less looks like a D11, the tracks are badly scaled.

Well first thing that looked to me is that real thing is riding on big sprockets (idlers); there are not in air like on Lego version and drive sprocket is at least one stud (if not two) lower and more forward placed than Lego version...but could be my impression 

Edited by 1gor

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

So you have seen the parts list?

There are no new moulds except tracks and redesigned actuators. Trust me ;)

33 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Well first thing that looked to me is that real thing is riding on big sprockets (idlers); there are not in air like on Lego version and drive sprocket is at least one stud (if not two) lower and more forward placed than Lego version...but could be my impression 

I think that they want the weight of the  machine distributed, the liebherr had the same problem but you do not appreciate so much. I totally agree with you about the drive sprocket, it is a big issue IMO, these and the acco tracks were peculiar, now we have the liebherr dozer tracks too.

34 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

The more I watch the side pic from the phone the less looks like a D11, the tracks are badly scaled.

No Technic version of a real vehicle is ever going to match it exactly. That would require too many new parts, most of which would probably be limited in use.

7 hours ago, Rebel_Lego said:

TLG needs to pay Mercedes, not the other way around. So it's free advertising for Mercedes/Volvo but costs (some) money for TLG, although I don't know how much.

Overall speaking, this set is highly overpriced, although I think it looks very good. Hopefully some nice discount pops up.

Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised at all to learn that other companies had to pay Lego for making licensed sets. Obviously it isn't that way, but the companies do get a lot of advertising out of it. I guess this would make more difference for more personal, emotional vehicles (Vette, Jeep, etc) than commercial, calculating vehicles (Volvos, CAT)

43 minutes ago, M_longer said:

There are no new moulds except tracks and redesigned actuators. Trust me ;)

Can you tell anything more about what hides under "redesigned actuators". Because the black color I believe we all can see and if this is what you are referring to then :(

10 minutes ago, keymaker said:

Can you tell anything more about what hides under "redesigned actuators". Because the black color I believe we all can see and if this is what you are referring to then :(

1st October is close, be patient ;)

49 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

No Technic version of a real vehicle is ever going to match it exactly. That would require too many new parts, most of which would probably be limited in use.

There are a lot of previous, smaller and more functional dozers that this one but is always IMO, I am a machine lover so I the issues come to my eyes is my problem. 

7 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

What's everyone's best deals on 42100.. thats the price thats likely to be paid by most people.

I think i paid £235 ish but can't remember for sure.

Just found the email. Its was £260.. I'd pay 260 GBP for 42131.

I bought it about a month after release with a 40 percent discount at the local super market. 

Maybe the strategy is to put a higher sticker price and offer bigger discounts. People will be happier paying 300eur with 33% discount, than the same 300eur with 15% discount.

So sorry for the price tag of this thing.

I'll have to pass my way for this one.

However:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY2TaIEkKtw

- Left tracks 1 motor

- Right track 1 motor

- Left vertical actuator of the blade - 1 motor

- Right vertical actuator of the blage - 1 motor

- Both cylinder on the arm (horizontal actuators) - 1 motor

- Ladder - 1 motor

- Rear cut, up abd down - 1 motor

- 8th function in unknown, maybe a free connection for a light set?

Edited by steph77

I go for the functions of the 8275 adding ladder and pitch movement, like it is already said, 6 motors or 4 with gearbox like in the unforgettable 8043.

Edited by jorgeopesi

5 hours ago, iLego said:

Maybe the strategy is to put a higher sticker price and offer bigger discounts. People will be happier paying 300eur with 33% discount, than the same 300eur with 15% discount.

With a MSRP that high, the retail purchase price will also be quite high. The discount is paid by the seller, not TLG, and thus lowers the margin for sellers. In the worst case they have to decrease the price so much that they'll loose money just to get a set of the shelf.

2 hours ago, steph77 said:

However: 

- Left tracks 1 motor - Yes

- Right track 1 motor - Yes

- Left vertical actuator of the blade - 1 motor - Nope

- Right vertical actuator of the blage - 1 motor - Nope

- Both cylinder on the arm (horizontal actuators) - 1 motor - Nope

- Ladder - 1 motor - Nope

- Rear cut, up abd down - 1 motor - Nope

- 8th function in unknown, maybe a free connection for a light set? - Nope

Single HUB, four motors and a gearbox for four functions.

Edited by M_longer

6 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I would say six :wink: .

No. There are four motors, two are linked directly to tracks, and two are operating the gearbox. One drives all the functions, second switches between them.

First I saw the box I was sure thet it will be 8043 gearbox, with 3+3 functions. Yet CAT is too heavy for being driven from gearbox.

14 minutes ago, M_longer said:

No. There are four motors, two are linked directly to tracks, and two are operating the gearbox. One drives all the functions, second switches between them.

First I saw the box I was sure thet it will be 8043 gearbox, with 3+3 functions. Yet CAT is too heavy for being driven from gearbox.

Totally agree, I was talking about functions because you wrote 4...

40 minutes ago, M_longer said:

No. There are four motors, two are linked directly to tracks, and two are operating the gearbox.

Then the price is just a joke. I surely pass.

I wonder if the designer had trouble getting in a second hub. The hood has a width of 11 studs on the front but should taper to about 7 studs on the cabin.

Having only 1 hub is nice (a gearbox is more interesting to build than putting many motors) but the price must reflect that. The official price should be 100€ cheaper.

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

I would say six :wink: .

So if you are talking about 6 functions, how would you implement that with a single gearbox?

3 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

how would you implement that with a single gearbox?

Two angular motors are connected to the two tracks.

My guess for the L motors setup is that one L motor is connected to the wave selector which allows transmission to four functions with two directions for each, and then one direction is blocked.

8 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Two angular motors are connected to the two tracks.

My guess for the L motors setup is that one L motor is connected to the wave selector which allows transmission to four functions with two directions for each, and then one direction is blocked.

Exactly this setup, and that's only 4 gearbox functions so far. Not sure what you understand by one direction being blocked though, all functions need to be bidirectional..

Edited by gyenesvi

1 minute ago, gyenesvi said:

all functions need to be bidirectional..

The direction can be changed in the app. If all functions can work in both directions, then the wave selector will engage in two functions at the same time, and that's probably not how the model is supposed to be controlled.

20 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The direction can be changed in the app. If all functions can work in both directions, then the wave selector will engage in two functions at the same time, and that's probably not how the model is supposed to be controlled.

The gearbox works as in 42114 - only one function at the time.

18 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

the wave selector will engage in two functions at the same time

But if there are four motors in all, with two for the tracks and one for the wave selector, that leaves only one motor to drive the functions, ergo only one can be driven at a time (in addition to the tracks, of course).