13 hours ago, efferman said:

could you please make the picture from the same angle like on the box?

20210821_162029.jpg20210821_162850.jpg

And a comparison of size compared to 8275. (mine was modified to look like a Cat)

Have you thought about the possibility, that the fake actuators could be moved "from inside" by moving its attatchment point? 

With that, a swiveling function for the rear ripper could be achieved. 

This is a really nice one but sadly I am not willing to pay the price.

Still use 8275 every now and then to push bricks around to load them with 42030 into random boxes to clear the floor :)

1 minute ago, Frequenzberater said:

Have you thought about the possibility, that the fake actuators could be moved "from inside" by moving its attatchment point? 

That might very well be the case.

2 hours ago, Technicallism said:

While everyone focusing on discussion about this set, PROMOBRICKS said this will be the last Technic set in 2021… which means 42127 & 42130 will be kept vacant…… right?

From everything I’ve read the CAT is the last Technic for 2021 and has always expected to be. So yes those numbers must be vacant ones

I wonder if a 2x1 grill slope would fit in the gap on either side of the bucket, mounted on just one pin 1L with stud

Edited by SNIPE

3 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

And a comparison of size compared to 8275. (mine was modified to look like a Cat)

Thank you very much

I wonder when (if ever) will the buyer post pictures of the contents of the box here on EB (if they are aware of it)..

Have I some technical problem, or linear actuators are actually black withdark bluish gray? If so is it perhaps to differentiate size; only smallest is thinner than two bigger ones...

19 hours ago, Jundis said:

For me, it looks like the blade tilting/pitching linear actuators are driven by the angular motor, placed upright (cable on top, LBG part with axle hole down) behind the upper wheel:

Nope. Angular motors are used for the drive. Two Large motors operate a gearbox similar to the 42114 and it allows you to control four functions: Blade Lift, Blade Tilt/Pitch, Ladder Lift and Ripper Lift.

4 minutes ago, eric trax said:

Nope. Angular motors are used for the drive. Two Large motors operate a gearbox similar to the 42114 and it allows you to control four functions: Blade Lift, Blade Tilt/Pitch, Ladder Lift and Ripper Lift.

If the steering on 42114 is anything to go by, then those are gonna be some slooooooooooow tracks...

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

If the steering on 42114 is anything to go by, then those are gonna be some slooooooooooow tracks...

Nope. It runs decently fast. The rest of the functions are quite slow.

25 minutes ago, eric trax said:

Tilt and pitch? Aren't those 5 functions?

33 minutes ago, eric trax said:

I assume you have seen the model in action already? So this means there is only a single hub and 4 motors? How could these electronic components justify the price in comparison to the 42100 with 2 hubs and 7 motors?
And is there a fake motor as some rumours suggested?

Edited by technicfan20

15 minutes ago, technicfan20 said:

How could these electronic components justify the price in comparison to the 42100 with 2 hubs and 7 motors?

Quite bad :P

15 minutes ago, technicfan20 said:

And is there a fake motor as some rumours suggested?

Yes. Good, old V12 Lego engine

If this model comes with one hub and 4 motors with 450 eur prize b is a not-in-this-life for me. 

The gearbox I'm sure that would be interesting to see, and the piece count is also a plus, but as other stated, it will be almost impossible to compare with the 42100. 

Edited by HectorMB

1 hour ago, Gimmick said:

From my perspective: Good news for the model, bad news for the PPP :)

Curious to hear your explanation.  Just because it makes the gearbox more complicated?  

2 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Curious to hear your explanation.  Just because it makes the gearbox more complicated?  

In my opinion, the bulldozer does by design not benefit as much from many functions that can be operated at the same time as an excavator. So it adds a bit more to the building- and "there are things moving"- experience and reduces the playability not by that much. It's a close call in this case for me tbh. The 42100 with gear switches for every different movement would be horrible to control :D

That must be one epic gearbox to justify the price, if it really has only one hub and four motors.

I think it might be possible to drive all LAs with one drive motor and one gear-switch motor. The four gear modes would be:

• Vertical LAs same direction
  • Vertical LAs different direction
  • Horizontal LAs same direction
  • Horizontal LAs different direction.

I think you could set his up with one rotating catch and four driving rings (one for each LA).

The one obstruction here is if the geometry isn't quite that simple, there may be specific configurations where the opposing LAs need to turn in different speeds, or the other pair needs to move as well, to keep the movement believable.

An advantage of such a setup is that you could add additional gear modes for the ripper without adding motors.