THIS IS HUGE! And definitely more interesting for me than 42100.

I definitely see 4 large LAs in black color ^^

Edited by keymaker

36 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Looks like the rear blade only has one function. The lower cylinder is a linear actuator, but the upper one is brick built.

There seems to be 6 functions:

- Raising blade
- Tilting blade
- Track left
- Track right
- Ladder
- Lifting ripper

This is not tilt blade, it's pitch blade.

This kind of blade can has 3 moves:
1. Lifting (up/down) all blade.
2. Tilt:
tilt.png
3. Pitch:
pitch.png

In 42131 we've got only lift and pitch.

Edited by Bricksley

5 minutes ago, Bricksley said:

This kind of blade can has 3 moves

How does a real bulldozer achieve 3 kinds of move with only 2 pairs of cylinders?

This only happy thing for this set is I didnt saw much of sticker…. 
If true, i will get it….

But size of 40cm width x 48cm long is a headache for space planning….

6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How does a real bulldozer achieve 3 kinds of move with only 2 pairs of cylinders?

A big simplification without going into the structure (blade geometry) and the operation of the working hydraulics. We skip lifting (2 cylinders). The tilt movement can only be realized with 1 (left or right) cylinder - the blade is connected to the beams, cylinders and trunions in such a way that the movement of one cylinder causes a kind of blade rotation (tilt). By adding a cylinder on the other side, we get the possibility of another move (pitch). Just pure mechanics (geometry + physics).

Edited by Bricksley

8 minutes ago, Bricksley said:

. The tilt movement can only be realized with 1 (left or right) cylinder

What if this set has both tilt and lift :drool:

19 minutes ago, Bricksley said:

In 42131 we've got only lift and pitch.

Hmm are you sure? I mean if the pitch/tilt-cylinders are connected in that manner to allow rotation in 2 axles, they only have to be indipendently actuated to enable tilt (e.g. right retracts, left extend) or am I wrong?

47 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What if this set has both tilt and lift :drool:

Can You explain what You mean? Lifting is not dependent for tilt & pitch. I'm know, geometry & movement of blade is not simple as e.g excavator/loader but it works :)

45 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Hmm are you sure? I mean if the pitch/tilt-cylinders are connected in that manner to allow rotation in 2 axles, they only have to be indipendently actuated to enable tilt (e.g. right retracts, left extend) or am I wrong?

Someone talk about 4 movement (control+), so there will be: lifting blade, pitch blade, lifting ripper, lifting ladder. Of course it was great to see it, but I'm not sure it will be included in set, not MOC ;)

Edited by Bricksley

1 minute ago, Bricksley said:

Someone talk about 4 movement (control+)

Two hubs. 8 motors ;-)

1 minute ago, Jundis said:

Two hubs. 8 motors ;-)

Or 1 hub, 4 motors: 1+2 drive & 3 for move + 4 for move change. Early people talking about just 1 HUB not 2. 

The high number of electronic parts could justify the high price. It would be cheaper with less C+ components.

If there was a version without C+ then I would consider buying it. I really like the look of it but C+ adds no value to me only cost.

5 minutes ago, dabo said:

If there was a version without C+ then I would consider buying it

I got a deal to buy 42129 with no C+ for 150 EUR. I just emailed all of the vendors on Bricklink that sell that set and propose my terms.

5 minutes ago, dabo said:

If there was a version without C+ then I would consider buying it. I really like the look of it but C+ adds no value to me only cost.

42131 without motors would be dull.

A 42131 without motors would turn into an enormous 42028, which makes no sense.

Its a definite purchase for me (once the 30% off offers arrive...). I'm pleased to say that i remained positive throughout that this would be a great set despite the leaked images.. What an outstanding year for technic!!

Those yellow tracks.... the raised ridges on them will be great on carpets but terrible on hard surfaces, unless the material has changed from hard plastic to something more rubbery?

(ps Enough of the anti-C+ already! We heard you on the last 4 sets, c+ is here, this is a c+ set. Live with it!!:laugh:)

48 minutes ago, Anio said:

A 42131 without motors would turn into an enormous 42028, which makes no sense.

It makes sense for me cuz I like pretty sets for display.

I think this set will sell like hot CATs.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

9 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

(ps Enough of the anti-C+ already! We heard you on the last 4 sets, c+ is here, this is a c+ set. Live with it!!:laugh:)

Thank you.

---

The set looks great, the functions seem interesting and the new parts make me drool. Still, it's far too expensive for me to buy, at least as new. I have little doubt that there's two hubs and at least 6 or 7 motors, nothing else would justify the pricing. But maybe I can get one secondhand at some point...

8 minutes ago, User5346 said:

Ugh, would’ve looked so much better without the black box…

It is subjective. This is the first (and till now only) 18+ tagged set package that I liked. The bulldozer looks cool with the black background.