21 minutes ago, Lira_Bricks said:

some of the big Technic sets have less mechanics in them than this set from more then 50 years ago

Complexity of Technic sets fluctuates: for example, this one is basically a City set built with studless parts.

5 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Complexity of Technic sets fluctuates: for example, this one is basically a City set build with studless parts.

Good point...

6 hours ago, AVCampos said:

nostalgia never takes off its rosy goggles. 

Seems you were right haha

If that image on the web is real, it does not look a very big Dozer for a 4000 piece set.  The yellow tracks kind of lead the image to be a possibility.  but it looks quite junior in design/image.  Im not sure.  Might be a year when the non flagship set is the best set of the year.

On 12/16/2020 at 8:19 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So for 2H we're gonna have a 4x4, possibly RC set, together with a licensed 400+ EUR biggest-of-its kind construction machine.

Are we living in 2019 or what?

2019 was a great year for technic. 1h was alright,  2h was 4x4 off roader, spider crane and car transporter. 3h was land rover and liebherr.

We also saw spike prime but it was delayed till 2020 for most people.

6 hours ago, SNIPE said:

2019 was a great year for technic. 1h was alright,  2h was 4x4 off roader, spider crane and car transporter. 3h was land rover and liebherr.

We also saw spike prime but it was delayed till 2020 for most people.

3rd half? :tongue:

12 minutes ago, mortenm said:

3rd half? :tongue:

Don't chu know that half can mean 1/2 or 1/3 or 1/n in general, depending on context? :tongue:

No wonder. There is an increased thread of copy cats. If I were TLG, I would release infos as late as possible.

3 hours ago, Andman said:

No wonder. There is an increased thread of copy cats. If I were TLG, I would release infos as late as possible.

If I was Lego, I would purposely leak an image of a bulldozer, and then at the last minute, release a completely different model like the most impressive backhoe we have ever seen to throw the copycats off their game!

30 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

like the most impressive backhoe we have ever seen

Yeah and that's not going to happen. Honestly I doubt this set will even draw any copycats attention. Anything that isn't a Supercar or maybe a flagship isn't worth the trouble and for a mediocre model like this one the Chinese are better off working with (or stealing from :hmpf_bad:) MOCers to get a model that is actually good.

Edited by Gray Gear

4 hours ago, Andman said:

80% from the copy cats models in Lego Technic are from moc. Designers .

Well, TLG have learned their lesson not to release blurry pics in advance :wink:

As much as I would like official images as soon as possible, I would rather see this current trend of awaiting such a release in order to delay the copycats as long as possible.

Impatient as I am, this is the best strategy.

Years ago this "blame the copycats" attitude was right when only L&pin existed, even I shared this point of view. Since that the market evolved a LOT, there are true competitors grown out of the void, collaborating with MOCers, delivering top quality parts for affordable prices. Meanwhile LEGO sells "premium" products with obvious quality issues (f.e. color mismatch), embarassing themselves f.e.: with Osprey fiasco, and pushed away free marketing partners like well known youtubers / influencers by threatening them with lawyers for the most banal reasons - and turned them to competitors of course.

No real innovation (even smarthubs are chasing desperately the path of Sbrick and Buwizz), no news other than new licenses (???), products are unreasonably overpriced, but the quality declines... the world has changed, this strategy is a dead end street in my point of view.

I want to see some evolution, I miss the boiling discussions about prelim and first official pictures, the whole excitement has vanished in the forum. These thoughts might valid for Technic line only (unfortunately), as meanwhile other lines are popping out, also I see some nice sets around in the system world...

Edited by agrof

Then find a forum for all those cool non-LEGO sets?

42 minutes ago, 1974 said:

I did a good while ago already. A goldmine of information. It is the second forum I am very active in exept Eurobricks. I enjoy it a lot, but it is a german forum with a smaller community and the focus is less on MOCs and more on the sets themselves. That's why I stil enjoy Eurobricks very much, despite the few things that bother me. The MOC quality here is unrivaled :thumbup:

Edited by Gray Gear

49 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Sorry, but I still admire, respect and enjoy the members and content of this forum, I am still emotionally bounded to the roots of MOCing and Technic, so I will just stay. :wink:
I said all my opinion not against LEGO, but FOR it - I am a bit naive, but I still believe in feedback. That makes a bit of difference. Leaving and jumping on another - maybe for some more appealing - boat is the easy way. So, might some dark years are coming for me, as TLG's current strategy is not my cup of tea, but I cross my fingers for innovation and for progression.

EDIT: @admins maybe it would be better to move this whole discussion to General Discussion, sorry for offing.

Edited by agrof

Well, you do what you do to find enjoyment in brick building, be it LEGO or other makes. I'm no fan of TLG strategies either, I don't really care for anything made after '89 and I think modern Technic suck donkeyballs. But I still like to see what MOC'ers come up with

Cheers,

Ole

7 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I did a good while ago already. A goldmine of information. It is the second forum I am very active in exept Eurobricks. I enjoy it a lot, but it is a german forum with a smaller community and the focus is less on MOCs and more on the sets themselves. That's why I stil enjoy Eurobricks very much, despite the few things that bother me. The MOC quality here is unrivaled :thumbup:

Ach so, eine linky bitte?

We are on the same page, for sure. :pir-huzzah2:

Woah! Back on topic, people.

Caterpillar D11T!

14.9 feet high!

35.8 feet long!

22 feet wide!

Weight of 248,500 kilograms!

936 horsepower!

CAT C32 ACERT engine!

Blade capacity a mighty 43.6 metres squared!

TLG have listen to our critque and there will not be 500 small liftarms for the dozer to move about. Instead a huge boulder comprising of 233 new panels in a brand new dirt colour made especially for this set (but still connected with blue pins)

e294009e71975f5eb07a04ba772adf5d.jpg

8 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Woah! Back on topic, people.

Caterpillar D11T!

14.9 feet high!

35.8 feet long!

22 feet wide!

Weight of 248,500 kilograms!

936 horsepower!

CAT C32 ACERT engine!

Blade capacity a mighty 43.6 metres squared!

and now make this in 1:20,5 scale and you'll get new flagship