It's no doubt gonna be fun to play with, but here's an image of the real thing:

8560403-2.jpg

The leaked model has missing stuff - there's no side grille, the hand rails are at the wrong level, the entire ripper at the back seems to be absent, blahblahblah. Save for the track profile, it doesn't really look like a D11T. That doesn't bother me that much to be honest, since I'm more after the functions. But if someone told me the leaked info for this set was flat out wrong I'd believe them at this point.

Edited by Bartybum

Honestly I like panel work on bonnet, but for other details I'll wait for future images. IMHO if there is possibility to have gearbox to achieve other functions or to have functions like 8275. Yellow treads are nice.

It seems that even real dozer hasĀ  (a little bit) bigger drive wheel than idlers.

5 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

It has "2117"?? number stickered in the Panel...what does that mean...?

It says D11TĀ 

Just seen the pic and to me it looks like it will have the same functions as 8275, the blade will go up and down and the ripper will go up and down and drive that's it. The fake looking rams for the tilt look like 2x2 and 1x2 rounds made to look like a ram they wontĀ do anything. I would say it will only have 3-4 motors, 3 rams and a hub. Just a newer version of the 8275. They could have at least had 2 exhausts and 2 air cleaners on the bonnet, just little details.

Edited by technicfan

My guess is that this thing was actually downsized during finalization and will contain less than the 3854 piece count that was previously published. It doesn't look anywhere close to that mark. Even the Sian only has 3696 pieces.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

@technicfan

Exactly my thoughts.

But I'm a bit confused now, neither the rumored zetros pricing (and some say it will be even more expensive) nor the pricing of the d11t fits to the leaked images. >400ā‚¬ for a set with one hub and this size? The dozer looks compairable to the 42114 - which could be ok, if reasonable priced.

I haven't seen the pic (not really interested in leaked images) but if the picture is real and this commentary is anything to go by, I'll definitely pass this. Unless there's something phenomenally cool hidden inside it or the price drops significantly,Ā I'm going to save this money for something else. The creator expert Space Shuttle seemed pretty cool so that and the American Tow Truck are probably going to be this year's big buys for me...

6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And according to the side profile, this set has two L linear actuators, not XL ones.

That will be because of the stuff on top of them. I would be shocked if the ripper on the rear is worm geared like 8275.

In front of the main drive sprocket, where the 16t gear is, can't tell ifĀ that's something new connected to it or if it's an in line slipper clutch. The main drive sprocket is also driven by a 3 pin hub so they might have used the planetary reduction hubs? It's also nice to see the tracks in yellow. Besides that I don't see anything interesting here. If the original rumours of price and piece count were ever true then this has been downsized quite a lot, which is probably a good thing. Unless it would bring something seriously awesome (and I'm not talking about a gearbox, I mean RC pneumatics with new compact and precise RC valves and compressor, or even hydraulics type of next level awesome) then there's no reason for a simple bulldozer to be more than Ā£250 and I don't see why this version should be more than that. I'm sure it'll be well designed and engineered, easy to build and all that, but it's uninspiring, simple and really I don't think any attempt was made to entice adult fans. Maybe a bit of nostalgia for the 2007 dozer (which was also mechanically simple)? But at least it looks to be mercifully small and not as expensive as first rumoured. It's an easy pass for me.

Edited by allanp

4 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I can definitely see a ripper at the back.

Sorry you're right, there actually is one. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be more than a single-spiked one.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

My guess is that this thing was actually downsized during finalization and will contain less than the 3854 piece count that was previously published.

If that's really the case then I wonder what changed during the design process

20 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

If that's really the case then I wonder what changed during the design process

The part count could still be accurate. 8275 was heavy on studded elements, while 42131 looks almost entirely studless. That would require a buttload of pins.

9 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

The part count could still be accurate. 8275 was heavy on studded elements, while 42131 looks almost entirely studless. That would require a buttload of pins.

I can't wrap my head around how a model can stay in the relatively identical dimensions while almost tripling in part count. 8275 has 1384 parts while this set has 3854 parts. 3854/1384 = 2.7

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

7 hours ago, Bartybum said:

It's no doubt gonna be fun to play with, but here's an image of the real thing:

The leaked model has missing stuff - there's no side grille, the hand rails are at the wrong level, the entire ripper at the back seems to be absent, blahblahblah. Save for the track profile, it doesn't really look like a D11T. That doesn't bother me that much to be honest, since I'm more after the functions. But if someone told me the leaked info for this set was flat out wrong I'd believe them at this point.

That's NOT the real thing ... that's a die-cast model. Typically those are not as 'rigorous' as the original/real thing.

Ā 

Does anyone have a pic of the Lego rendition ?

Edited by Milan
Removed the picture quoted from post from the same page.

Disgusting appearance. Very small and very expensive! What do you say?)

- Image removed -

Edited by Milan
Do not post confidental images.

I say tasteless photoshop attempt

@JIM had jij deze er al niet eerder afgeknikkerd?

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra

2 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

I say tasteless photoshop attempt

I don't think so, look, there are even new details visible.

2 minutes ago, efferman said:

i see new parts onĀ  it, so i guess it is photoshopped bei TLG

Be serious
This is NOT (as in absolutely NOTNOTNOT) a 450 euro set.
or does it have invisible 18 karat axles?
Ā 

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra

For sure it's an eyesore ... Not sure I like the yellow track elements. They could have done the whole thing in orange, which is more realistic of construction machinery.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, efferman said:

i see new parts onĀ  it, so i guess it is photoshopped bei TLG ļ»æ

In addition to the panels on 7, there are also parts that did not appear in other sets...

2 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Be serious

Early prototype with new parts, photoshopped onto a box.