28 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

According to technicbricks the 2021 flagship is a CAT D11T

Not so long ago I created a predecessor to this model, a CAT D10T :D

CAT_D10T_2.gif

57 minutes ago, WvG_853 said:

So we will get the missing B-model of the Liebherr that @eric trax has already created? :devil:

My thoughts exactly. There'd better be something very new in that yellow boy... 

450 Euro is even more expensive that 42100. I hope we will get something new there, except new parts in yellow color.. From another side we had yellow Volvo an 2020 and the new flagship should be in another color. White? Liebher says "No".. Interesting. though..

OK,

Let's speculate a bit… My point: they will use the tilt sensor on the hub to keep the blade in a given position whatever the bull itself is placed...

1 minute ago, steph77 said:

OK,

Let's speculate a bit… My point: they will use the tilt sensor on the hub to keep the blade in a given position whatever the bull itself is placed...

Do you mean giroscope as it's implemented in 42100? It shows the tilt angle...

Edited by Aleh

36 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Do you mean giroscope as it's implemented in 42100? It shows the tilt angle...

Exact. I think it could be interresting that the giroscop mesure constantly the angle and then a C+ logic gives the instruction to the actuators (as they have a positionning recording system) to keep the blade in a given position.

3 hours ago, steph77 said:

Exact. I think it could be interresting that the giroscop mesure constantly the angle and then a C+ logic gives the instruction to the actuators (as they have a positionning recording system) to keep the blade in a given position.

Yeah but then it would be just another boring motor/LA combo. I think for this price it needs to be far more than that, something new, not just implementation of something that already exists.

3 hours ago, allanp said:

Yeah but then it would be just another boring motor/LA combo. I think for this price it needs to be far more than that, something new, not just implementation of something that already exists.

I agree. At this point TLG should show something new with the Powered Up system, something beyond installing 6-8 motors and 2 hubs for directly motorized functions. There are several interesting solutions to replicate from the original, some of them could use sensors and hub telemetry data. Hope to se some innovation here.

Volvo hauler had a PU-operated gearbox, so maybe we're going to see that idea taken further in here? I agree that just having a bunch of motors controlling various functions directly would be really boring and that wouldn't do justice to the possibilities offered by PU. Somehow I'm also hoping for a single hub solution, as 12 batteries for two hubs is a bit much, rechargeable or not.

A new 400€ flagship will bring some new  technic pieces ; could it be multi electropneumatic valves here? 

If you can have 4,6 or even 8 valves on one port of the c+hub it can be a single hub solution

33 minutes ago, Frodman said:

A new 400€ flagship will bring some new  technic pieces ; could it be multi electropneumatic valves here? 

If you can have 4,6 or even 8 valves on one port of the c+hub it can be a single hub solution

While something like this would be truly the next level of awesomeness, I'm highly doubtful. 

But as 42100 was a showpiece intended to display the capabilities of C+ system, it's indeed hard to justify the price point without introducing something new and exciting, some new connector or panel won't cut it here.

I was willing to put down a heap of money for the Liebherr because it's a clear step up from the previous RC excavator. 42100 has 7 functions and is based on a real behemoth. It oozes grandeur. I don't feel the same for the CAT D11. So if the rumor's true, I will be quite discouraged to buy the next flagship, despite possessing only 1 bulldozer so far (42028). I did pass over the 2020 flagship already.

So if the CAT Bulldozer is 42131 and that Zetros truck is 42129, that leaves a gap of 42130. Wild prediction: 42131 is the summer flagship along with three other sets, and they will release two sets in the fall similar to what they did with the Land Rover and Liebherr.

Edited by LvdH

So for 2H we're gonna have a 4x4, possibly RC set, together with a licensed 400+ EUR biggest-of-its kind construction machine.

Are we living in 2019 or what?

12 hours ago, Aleh said:

450 Euro is even more expensive that 42100. I hope we will get something new there, except new parts in yellow color.. From another side we had yellow Volvo an 2020 and the new flagship should be in another color. White? Liebher says "No".. Interesting. though..

What about Bright Light Orange like 42099 ? Personally I'd love that. :laugh:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to see these sets. Given their rumoured price range, they should be huge. Hopefully they'll be worth it functions-wise...