Sign in to follow this  
legomanijak

[MOC] Microscale Name of Mary Church (Crkva imena Marijinog)

A microscale MOC of one of the most famous symbols of the town of Novi Sad, Serbia. The Name of Mary Church is often referred to as a "cathedral" by the locals despite it being a church in reality. The piece which set the tone was the white hub cap 6214818.jpg and everything else was done to scale with that. It took me about a week to build it.

A picture of the real thing:

crkva-Imena-Marijinog-MQ7A1023_compresse

50725006677_d2c63df06e_c.jpgLego Microscale Name of Mary Church (Crkva imena Marijinog) by legomanijak, on Flickr

50724922361_8989f6a2ea_c.jpgLego Microscale Name of Mary Church (Crkva imena Marijinog) by legomanijak, on Flickr

50724184123_7f16ffb613_c.jpgLego Microscale Name of Mary Church (Crkva imena Marijinog) by legomanijak, on Flickr

50724183663_6769cd9f8d_c.jpgLego Microscale Name of Mary Church (Crkva imena Marijinog) by legomanijak, on Flickr

Edited by legomanijak

Very awesome recreation of this church at such a small scale! Really like the 1x1 bricks w/5studs and bars technique you built for the clock tower part. Excellent microscale work!

Looks excellent for such a small scale. The shaping looks spot on!

14 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Beautiful mini scale MOC of a beautiful church.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Very awesome recreation of this church at such a small scale! Really like the 1x1 bricks w/5studs and bars technique you built for the clock tower part. Excellent microscale work!

Much obliged! Now that I think of it the tower itself has a whopping six 1x1 modified bricks with 5 studs in it.

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Looks excellent for such a small scale. The shaping looks spot on!

Glad you like it!

On 12/28/2020 at 8:10 AM, henrysunset said:

Love the neo-gothic details in a very small model.  I added to my popular Pinterest collection :-)

Thank you! Lovely collection btw :)