IcarusBuilds

[MOC] Minifig Scale Clone Wars "The Twilight" G9 Rigger Freighter

To describe this MOC in one Word: fantastic!

I've been a fan of this ship since the beginning and always whanted to build it in Minifig Scale myselfe... but as we can see it is quiet sizeable. :D

I wondered why there are just a few MOCs of the twilight but i guess its because of the size.

Looking forward to see the finished build. :)  Amazing work so far!

Update# 6.5

Just wanted to give a brief update on this project for those who are curious.

Progress has come to a bit of a standstill for the moment as since my last update I got reno-victed, moved to a new place where the Twilight took some damage while loading into the elevator, then once finally getting settled in and repairing that, one of my cats knocked over a large light that came crashing down on top of the Twilight. Needless to say there has been a bit of reverse progress, while at this point I have most of it back to where it was, I think some things may have come apart on the inside where I can't reach. So I may have to go backwards before I can continue forwards.

All-in-all, updates may be slow for a little while, but thank you for all the kind words on this project so far!

Bad kitty! :laugh:

Best of luck on the rehab, I've enjoyed following this project - great model!

i just built the Lego version of this set last week.   Was watching Clone Wars again from the start and decided to see if I had the parts from my spares to build it.  To my surprise I had most and got it built.  It's a cool ship, but just lacks all the inner details which led me to this MOC page as I was curious if anyone had just modded the Lego version's interior a bit.... I just wanted some interior and a boarding ramp, lol,  Seeing your MOC was an awesome site to see!!  Cant wait to see it finished

Share your pain on the cat vandalism. Mine pushed my Buchholz dropship and AT-TE off a table only days after completing it and absolutely totalled them. Dropship is a particularly fiddly build and getting it back together took a while, let alone something that is put togther entirely out of your head like your Twilight. It is looking like a tour de force so far. `So good to see someone give a badly overlooked ship some much needed attention, can't wait to see the finished model.

Only signed up to appreciate how amazing this MOC is. :D
Favourite one so far together with juggernautbricks' HAVw A6 Juggernaut. Always liked the special design of the freighter.
Would love to rebuild this too and place it next to the UCS Falcon, could steal him the show.
looking forward to the next updates :3

Jaybinx

Although not on this epic scale, Bruxxy has posted a set of instructions for the Twilight on Rebrickable that loosely based on the lego model does add a lot in the way of detail and finish pushing the part count from 882 to 1418. Just finished building and it is sturdy and a fun build. The instructions themselves are a little annoying, could have done with a little more ironing out of kinks, but most of the problems only require scanning forward a few steps to work out. I am sure I'm not the only one who wishes the could get their hands on instructions or the Studio files for this beauty by IcarusBuilds but as that is off the table for the forseeable, this is the only other option out there, short of designing it yourself. 

Edited by monkypaws

Update# 7

It's been quite a while since I've shown any progress for this beast, but here we go! Not finished yet, but probably about 90% there. Now that this thing is fully plated it looks even bigger then it did before, might just be my imagination though.

Anyways, here are the update photos:

52407394033_0ecc445daf.jpg 52407393893_85e85c7aef.jpg

52406880671_679665d936.jpg 52407321445_e75b8a1f45.jpg

52407321080_25b284763e.jpg 52407392878_a3596686d7.jpg

Enjoy!

OMFG i love it
Wanna place it right next to my UCS Falcon so badly xD
even the wing seems very sturdy despite its length
I wonder if you need a few support bricks underneath when the wing cannon is attached

10 minutes ago, Alky said:

OMFG i love it
Wanna place it right next to my UCS Falcon so badly xD
even the wing seems very sturdy despite its length
I wonder if you need a few support bricks underneath when the wing cannon is attached

I've tested the main wing with the cannon, it should be able to support itself, the swing-wing however will most likely need some help.

On 10/5/2022 at 5:03 PM, LDigital said:

This looks soooo good. How many parts do you think you are on with this? 

From the original 11,259pcs before I started building, I am now up to 12,500 from all the internal redesigning and structural reinforcements I've had to do so far.

I forget that this ship even exists in-universe a lot of the time, but wow, this MOC looks fantastic! The detailing, the angles and the size all blow me away. I'm curious if you could fit a Delta-7b Jedi Starfighter in the back like in the show.

Love this build! Any plans to post any kind of instruction or video? I know something like that would be a pretty large task. I just love this ship so ,icy and want to try my hand at building it in minifig scale!

1 minute ago, ImNotAThief said:

Love this build! Any plans to post any kind of instruction or video? I know something like that would be a pretty large task. I just love this ship so ,icy and want to try my hand at building it in minifig scale!

So much* not so ,icy lol. I also made my account here specifically to ask that and give props for how great this build looks!