Wow,

first of all, thank you all for such a good reception. It really feels good and rewarding to receive so many nice comments from each and every one of you :wub: Thank you!

20 hours ago, Brickend said:

... and I'd wager contains less parts even with all accessories .

And scale wise almost fits with the excellent Xerion.

I am affraid that you would probably lose that bet. I don't know the part count yet, but the winter version with gritter and plough weighs a ton - well 2286 g exactly (including buwizz, which is quite light) so together with the bed, winch and crane I guess there will be quite a lot of parts. 

20 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Fantastic. Thanks for building along side of me. So many ideas came from your design. As I mentioned the fritter looks the best, and the winch is perfect. 

Thank you my friend. Was really nice getting your feedback. It was actually you who inspired me with your many UNIMOG creations, and the new middle size tires of couse - those just screamed "8110 remake" to me when I bought them :wink:

18 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Oh man :wub:

those portal axles are very cute too.

technic stuff doesn’t get front paged enough...

Seriously very nice scaled down, upgraded version of the 8110

I must credit @Zerobricks and this post of his for the idea to make the portal axles in a way that the bottom gear is not braced from outside and therefore making it compact. I never thought, taht such design would actually work, but so far, so good.

And I must especially thank a guy from Facebook, whose name I have long forgotten: When I posted my first wip photos in some technic groups there, he shot me down imediately, saying that that is no U400, as it doesn't have portal axles. I tried harder, saw that post from Zerobricks, and voila...made it.

Seems that situation is getting better with frontpaging Technic MOC, thanks to @Milan :grin::thumbup:

14 hours ago, steph77 said:

Did you know, this particular feeling?

Looking at a new topic titlle, looking at the builder's name in front of it and thes unterminables seconds waiting your poor internet connection takes to open the page?

An then?

Discover that you, guy, have build all i ever dreamed out of a lego Moc?

My deep respect for this.

Steph.

Dear @steph77 , I think I just might have dropped a tear of happiness reading your comment, really, may sound cheesy, but that just might be best praise, I ever received :wub: And from such a great builder. Respect is very much mutual :wink: Thank you.

13 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

One question though: does that diagonal black axle in the bottom run smooth (at the backside of the truck...)? The u-joints seem to be at or slightly over their maximum operating angle, it looks a bit awkward... 

Good observation! Yes it is indeed at its limit, I guess if the axles at the back of the truck would be braced better, it would have had serious problems, but since those u-joints are a bit further from the last brace of the axle, there is enough slack to work. I simply couldn't find any better solution to position the PTO's so i have them sideways through the chassis girders - the middle sections was packed full and I wanted to have a fake engine at the front as well.

13 hours ago, Berthil said:

Next to all very well implemented functions and general look I really like the combination of studless and classic system bricks to use the best of both worlds in one model.

Thanks. I agree, I think full combo from all type of bricks brings best results. I find myself not being able to leave the "system" bricks out of my builds anymore. Also, why would we constraint ourselves to 100% technic, 100% system or 100% of whatever creations :classic:

Thanks again to all of you. I hope to make video sooner than usual, and I am almost positive to work on instructions right after the video is done.

Best regards,

Miha

Edited by MajklSpajkl

I did think I should rethink my part count comment! But maybe if it was part count optimised (I.e more panels at the expense of appearance) in the same way as a TLG product, it might be close.

Wow. 8110 set is still one of my favourite!

This one looks not as a set mod but like a separate advanced version of unimog with the addition aim to look like 8110! Looks very functional!
Are you going to release the instructions?

This is in no way a set MOD - completely new build in much smaller scale. But yes, the intention was to have all the functions as the 8110 and more. As written before, instructions are planned, but not very soon...video first also not so very soon but sooner than instructions :-)

What a masterpiece! MASTERPIECE :thumbup:

i think i'll pass an order for those tyres...

This unimog is a perfect fit to my own trucks models :excited:

Just for fun, i propose a contest:

Can someone guess how many 'friends' phones they are on this build?

:laugh:

Really lovely build and I am normally not a Lego Technic fan. But I am excited to hear that you are working on instructions and will buy these ASAP on Rebrickable. Hopefully you decide to not submit this to Lego Ideas - even though the visibility there can be nice if selected I find that they change final designs often too much. Yours is perfect as is!

3 hours ago, rm8 said:

What a masterpiece! MASTERPIECE :thumbup:

Thank you :grin:

3 hours ago, steph77 said:

i think i'll pass an order for those tyres...

This unimog is a perfect fit to my own trucks models :excited:

Just for fun, i propose a contest:

Can someone guess how many 'friends' phones they are on this build?

:laugh:

:grin: I forgot to mention that hands free phone is also a feature of this MOC :head_back: Yes there is a nice ammount of those handles :-)

2 hours ago, ruppandr said:

Really lovely build and I am normally not a Lego Technic fan. But I am excited to hear that you are working on instructions and will buy these ASAP on Rebrickable. Hopefully you decide to not submit this to Lego Ideas - even though the visibility there can be nice if selected I find that they change final designs often too much. Yours is perfect as is!

Ideas platform prooved many times, that it is not suitable for LEGO Technic models, so I don't even consider this option. Also, U400 is an already done SET for LEGO and I highly doubt they will have another go with it, ever... Also, if a miracle would happen, and by a fraction of a chance this would reach 10k votes, you are right, there is no way it would pass the QA/QC tests and other rules for LEGO products due to some building tehniques and quite hard assembly of some parts.

Regarding instructions - it will be done - but don't expect it any time soon...

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Wow... truly one of the best MOCs I've ever seen!

2 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Ideas platform prooved many times, that it is not suitable for LEGO Technic models, so I don't even consider this option. Also, U400 is an already done SET for LEGO and I highly doubt they will have another go with it, ever... Also, if a miracle would happen, and by a fraction of a chance this would reach 10k votes, you are right, there is no way it would pass the QA/QC tests and other rules for LEGO products due to some building tehniques and quite hard assembly of some parts.

If your Product Idea is not approved in Review, you will receive the following consolation prizes.

Up to three LEGO products totaling $500 USD in combined value, subject to availability.

So it could be worth a shot...

23 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

I must credit @Zerobricks and this post of his for the idea to make the portal axles in a way that the bottom gear is not braced from outside and therefore making it compact. I never thought, taht such design would actually work, but so far, so good.

Thank your for the credit. First time I saw the new tyres on the batmobile, I knew they would be perfect for a smaller scale unimog. And now you built a very sophisticated one packed with more functions than the bigger brother and yet motorized. Well done!

Wow! That's a really beautiful Mog you've built. And it's really 18 month since your last MOC? Unbelievable. But when I'm looking on my brick table I see my latest MOC is also more than a year since. Good you finished the Unimog!

Rarely I came across a MOC which leaves such a deep impression. For a minute I couldn't believe my eyes, seriously. My brain was trying to comprehend the scale vs functions and couldn't. That number of motors, switches, and working things just don't go with that size of wheels. Outstanding work. The photos are amazing too. They look a bit like renders and that adds to the surreal impression. It's everything I am hoping to see when I go to that forum: complex functions, compact size, solid construction, nice bodywork, and beautiful presentation. And it's a MOG for crying out loud! Nothing can be better. Just perfect. I would agree with others - it's one of the best MOCs in a long time.

P.S. Each implement is a masterpiece. But my favorite is the winch. I am just in love with how beautiful and effective it's. I want a poster with it in my living room :wub_drool:

I was totally fooled by the scale, than the picture with the real Unimog tire made the sparks. From that moment I am just sitting here speakless... :cry_happy:

The scale, the functions, the appearance. Just perfect.

Absolutely perfect, such a densely packed model with so many functions, it's ridiculous! :wub:
Can't wait for the instructions!

On 12/16/2020 at 3:02 PM, JintaiZ said:

So it could be worth a shot...

Thank you for encouragement, but no third party parts are allowed on ideas - this carrot has buwizz ticking inside of him ;-) There is no room for using LEGO PF small battery and 2 receivers... at least not aestheticaly.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:51 PM, jrx said:

Wow! That's a really beautiful Mog you've built. And it's really 18 month since your last MOC? Unbelievable. But when I'm looking on my brick table I see my latest MOC is also more than a year since. Good you finished the Unimog!

Yes, I was surprised as well. The last lucky lady was the second from the left in the upper row in my signature photo. Stil haven't made a presentation. It is waiting in boredom on the shelf above my desk. Coming to think of it... this signature photo should be updated...or even better... tossed away. 

Thanks again everyone for really nice comments. If eel truly honored by them.

Oh, and @proran,  I hope this will satisfy your needs :wink:

Best regards and may all of you have a pleasant and healthy end of the year. Cheers!

P.S.: Only now I noticed I messed up the description of the truck and bed - the bed is tilted with additional M motor which is ran on the same output as the compresor, but over a PF switch. Just to be clear :blush:

Edited by MajklSpajkl