Astounding.  The precision with which you've captured all the detail is fantastic.  Your photography completes the job and makes it hard to distinguish between the Lego and the actual vehicle at a level that's not often seen.  Spectacular build!  :wub:

Frontpaged!

Beautiful, realistic, rugged, large scale...I like it.
Looking forward to see that short video of it.

What scale it is? It seems somewhere around 1:11?

MangaNOID, I_Igor, Aleh, jam8280, Shiva, Newest_Tech320, romulan, SATSOK, Paperinik77pk, DRAKE207, WvG_853, deraven, Tierce, KLF, Edwin Korstanje: Thank you very much, guys!

On 12/14/2020 at 3:33 PM, Aleh said:

Looks absolutely mindblowing! But I don't understand what function are motorized except steering? Can it drive? Or the model is manual mostly?
BTW this is the most number of differentials I have ever seen :)

yes, you get it right: only the steering is motorized. The rest is manual. A hand is also needed to move the vehicle.

During the construction, I photographed the current situation a few times. Here are the photos:

Suspension, front-rear steering:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2523.0;a

PF L-Motor, which is used for steering, using 4 Linear actuators:

Here you can see the displacement of the wheels (half-stud) of one side relative to the other:

Hydraulic oil tank:

Pump:

Bare chassis with cab:

Here's how I assembled the front offset on the front of the cab:

And here are just different shots of the different state of the model during construction:

Hi,

First of all, I have to say, this is a fantastic MOC... I am currently studying your pictures to get some new building techniques :)
Speaking of that, I am curious about the design of your rims: I have tried to replicate them using stud.io, but to me, it looks like you are not using any gear to maintain the chain links into place. Am I correct?

I have uploaded my stud.io file on BrickSafe. https://bricksafe.com/files/MinusZwei/truck-rims/truck rim.io
Would be great if you could take a quick look and let me know what I missed :)

Edited by MinusZwei
Added stud.io file link

MinusZwei: Thanx!

On 12/20/2020 at 2:23 PM, MinusZwei said:

Hi,

First of all, I have to say, this is a fantastic MOC... I am currently studying your pictures to get some new building techniques :)
Speaking of that, I am curious about the design of your rims: I have tried to replicate them using stud.io, but to me, it looks like you are not using any gear to maintain the chain links into place. Am I correct?

I have uploaded my stud.io file on BrickSafe. https://bricksafe.com/files/MinusZwei/truck-rims/truck rim.io
Would be great if you could take a quick look and let me know what I missed :)

Yes, you are correct.

My inner part of the disk cannot be correctly modeled in the CAD program Stud.io.

The following pictures show the parts I used.

Your version would work as well, but instead of two *plate round 4x4* I used only one *plate round 4x4 with 2x2 hole*. I wanted the whole circular part to be inside the disk as much as possible. The little *2x2 inverted dish* is there as a centering element.

And there must be only 17 *chain links*. The chain ring is mounted on a 4x4 plate round so, that half the width of the ring protrudes into the free space. The diameter of the encircled chain has a slight tension.

50744226193_f0e2032578_b.jpg

50744958536_52d4fbe8a5_c.jpg

Very impressive model. I was scrolling through your post first and wondering why you only post pictures of the real truck, then I realized that's all Lego. Amazing and thanks for sharing.

Gosh! The 17x instead of 18 makes the trick indeed, and then you don't have a risk of the chain to fall down since it is "clipped" on the 4x4 disk.
What a great design :)