Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

For those of you having an issue with the lining up of the angled pieces either side of the cockpit, I found that the front portion below them seemed to be the cause of the issue. Not sure how other people are managing to get it to settle in position but I just couldn't, as mentioned before, it's all fighting for space against other pieces and sticking it all under pressure doesn't really fix it. 

Also, most of my pieces were new, so thinking old pieces are part of the issue here, isn't the issue. 

I've also looked back at Jerac's pics of his, and while his gun is in the way to visibly see the front portion of the panel and how it all sits, it looks proper wedged together, and looks like it fits together impossibly! (how does the 1x2 slope on the top rear portion of the panel I modified even tuck up under there?!) 

So I looked how to resolve it and come up with a simple quick fix. 

All you'll need extra is two 1x4 light bluish gray plates. 

DSC_7638

The panel on the right has a stepped up 1x2 grille slope which is the cause of the issue. This sits on a 1x6 plate. Literally just swap that out for a 1x4 plate, remove the 1x2 curve off the very top and everything fits together so much better as seen on the panel already installed. 

DSC_7641

Left side done, right side not done. You can see it lines up sooo much better. 

DSC_7636

Edited by Fuppylodders

Sweet fix Fuppylodders - I fettled around with mine to get it about right so long as I don't touch it - so next time it gets a dusting I'll give this change a whirl!  (two weeks ago I finally decided to go back on some recent engine changes to a part old/part new setup and having to then re-fix the front angles left me not wanting to so much as breathe on it for a while).

Interesting fix. It definitely evens out that slope of that part. I got mine into a fairly settled position now but it’s the trickiest part of the build to get right. I’m still blown away by this one. Definitely the best thing I have made out of Lego 

I found with this fix, you can happily touch it, sneeze, blow raspberries at it, gaze at it with serious intent, tickle, fondle, grope, stroke and probably swoosh it and none of it pops out of position. Also, while in my picture, the lower gap appears quite visible, with a minute rotational adjustment, it had gone, and the gap up top was no more visible than before. Where the 2 studs are left at the top, it may be possible to put a 1x1 tile on each, I just haven't bothered trying yet as they don't bother me in the slightest. (yet! :laugh:

The only issue is the lack of clutch power that holds the front section of the cockpit on (nothing to do with my fix). That does keep popping off the moment I even just pass wind :sad:

But yes, this has been an amazing build experience so far with many techniques that have amazed me and the strength of the main section! The instructions have also been very clear and well done too. Certainly well worth the money paid for them. 

On 9/28/2021 at 1:12 PM, Fuppylodders said:

I found with this fix, you can happily touch it, sneeze, blow raspberries at it, gaze at it with serious intent, tickle, fondle, grope, stroke and probably swoosh it and none of it pops out of position. Also, while in my picture, the lower gap appears quite visible, with a minute rotational adjustment, it had gone, and the gap up top was no more visible than before. Where the 2 studs are left at the top, it may be possible to put a 1x1 tile on each, I just haven't bothered trying yet as they don't bother me in the slightest. (yet! :laugh:

The only issue is the lack of clutch power that holds the front section of the cockpit on (nothing to do with my fix). That does keep popping off the moment I even just pass wind :sad:

But yes, this has been an amazing build experience so far with many techniques that have amazed me and the strength of the main section! The instructions have also been very clear and well done too. Certainly well worth the money paid for them. 

I'm not going to lie, this was the first moc, I think I used about 4 drops of crazy glue on a couple connections, just so I didn't have to worry about it. Love looking at this thing daily.

The MOC is incredible @Jerac! I am gobsmacked at the attention to detail and the way you have used the SNOT technique... From some angles you cannot tell it's made from Lego....

I have not yet purchased the instructions as I'm trying to ascertain what the parts cost will be. Can someone kindly give me an idea of what the cost of new bricks will be for UK only sourced parts or from those shops which will ship to the UK from Europe? 

Many thanks! 

Send me your e-mail via pw and I'll send you the parts list. Then you can upload it to BL and see yourself.

3 hours ago, TK4235 said:

The MOC is incredible @Jerac! I am gobsmacked at the attention to detail and the way you have used the SNOT technique... From some angles you cannot tell it's made from Lego....

I have not yet purchased the instructions as I'm trying to ascertain what the parts cost will be. Can someone kindly give me an idea of what the cost of new bricks will be for UK only sourced parts or from those shops which will ship to the UK from Europe? 

Many thanks! 

Hi TK,

Once Jerac has sent over the parts list it may be worth you also checking Legos BnP service for some of the larger volumes given the variations of UK sellers to some parts of the EU and NA markets.  Back in about page 7/8 a few of us UK folks shared some costs/experiences on parts etc.  I've copied my post on BL v's BnP below as it may be useful, especially if your going down the new piece path. 

As a fellow UK'er, I found back in Feb a number of parts cheaper on BnP than BL.  Including;

Ingot - price and volume in LBG

Plate 1/3 with 2 knobs - price and volume in LBG

Bow 2 x4 - price and volume in LBG

Plate 1x2 rounded no 1 - - price and volume in Black

Roof tile lattice - - price and volume in LBG

Roof tile 1x2x3 74deg inverted - price and volume in LBG

Left and right plate 2x2 27 deg - price and volume in LBG (needing matching number of course)

Brick with bow 1/3 - price and volume in LBG

Plate with bow 2x4x2/3 - price and volume in LBG

Brick 1x2x1 with 4 knows - price and volume in LBG

Needing them in volume tended to mean buying new from BL which seemed to be the the tipping point on price.  Few people had enough old stock as I decided to limit myself to UK sellers given the shipping issues with the EU.

Plus the usual items like the RZ Canopy are still quite expensive in the UK (unless you use the alternative brick built option).  

Also worth thinking ahead if your sticking with the original engine nacelle/fronts or going down the various mod paths (I ended up trying a number and going semi-original)

RzEng2.jpg

Edited by Hold0511

3 hours ago, Jerac said:

Send me your e-mail via pw and I'll send you the parts list. Then you can upload it to BL and see yourself.

Thank you Jerac, I'll PM you now..

Regards

1 hour ago, Hold0511 said:

Hi TK,

Once Jerac has sent over the parts list it may be worth you also checking Legos BnP service for some of the larger volumes given the variations of UK sellers to some parts of the EU and NA markets.  Back in about page 7/8 a few of us UK folks shared some costs/experiences on parts etc.  I've copied my post on BL v's BnP below as it may be useful, especially if your going down the new piece path. 

As a fellow UK'er, I found back in Feb a number of parts cheaper on BnP than BL.  Including;

Ingot - price and volume in LBG

Plate 1/3 with 2 knobs - price and volume in LBG

Bow 2 x4 - price and volume in LBG

Plate 1x2 rounded no 1 - - price and volume in Black

Roof tile lattice - - price and volume in LBG

Roof tile 1x2x3 74deg inverted - price and volume in LBG

Left and right plate 2x2 27 deg - price and volume in LBG (needing matching number of course)

Brick with bow 1/3 - price and volume in LBG

Plate with bow 2x4x2/3 - price and volume in LBG

Brick 1x2x1 with 4 knows - price and volume in LBG

Needing them in volume tended to mean buying new from BL which seemed to be the the tipping point on price.  Few people had enough old stock as I decided to limit myself to UK sellers given the shipping issues with the EU.

Plus the usual items like the RZ Canopy are still quite expensive in the UK (unless you use the alternative brick built option).  

Also worth thinking ahead if your sticking with the original engine nacelle/fronts or going down the various mod paths (I ended up trying a number and going semi-original)

RzEng2.jpg

HI Hold,

Thank you for your information... there's a lot to take in!. Your insight is useful and it's good to know. It didn't occur to me to check B&P for a price comparison.. Once I get the parts list I'll cost it all out... :)

1 minute ago, Hold0511 said:

Good luck and do share how you get on.

Thank you.... no doubt I'll be asking a few questions on here first before I order the parts.. It's been a while since I used BL since it was taken over by TLG.

On 5/21/2021 at 11:44 AM, Hold0511 said:

Crikey that's one pricey part!!! Yikes

So I uploaded the parts list to BL and selected all new and UK only.... drum roll.... 12 shops, 350 unique lots, 4903 parts for the pricey sum of £596 excluding shipping... I have also had a quick look on TLG and many parts I can get slightly cheaper... some considerably too....

5 hours ago, TK4235 said:

So I uploaded the parts list to BL and selected all new and UK only.... drum roll.... 12 shops, 350 unique lots, 4903 parts for the pricey sum of £596 excluding shipping... I have also had a quick look on TLG and many parts I can get slightly cheaper... some considerably too....

Plus Lego BnP is one flat S&H fee if you order in one go - admittedly it will take longer than most UK based BL sellers but I found it a lot cheaper for a lot of the bulk parts.  Yes the official canopy is not cheap, but then last year it was over £40 in the UK when Lego was OofS of the RZ 

I'm not surprised with that number for new parts, I parted out my original RZ and had about a third of the pieces plus went down the used path.

On 10/22/2021 at 6:11 AM, Hold0511 said:

Plus Lego BnP is one flat S&H fee if you order in one go - admittedly it will take longer than most UK based BL sellers but I found it a lot cheaper for a lot of the bulk parts.  Yes the official canopy is not cheap, but then last year it was over £40 in the UK when Lego was OofS of the RZ 

I'm not surprised with that number for new parts, I parted out my original RZ and had about a third of the pieces plus went down the used path.

I'm putting all the bulk parts into Lego BnP at the moment so I'll try and see if I can get as many through TLG and then the rest via BL. I could be here a while doing this lol

8 hours ago, TK4235 said:

I'm putting all the bulk parts into Lego BnP at the moment so I'll try and see if I can get as many through TLG and then the rest via BL. I could be here a while doing this lol

Good luck - its a shame they don't let you upload a list or save WIP orders - I understand its to stop BL and similar other bulk sellers and the like, but it sure would be helpful! 

Chaps, I have brought the 75292 Mando set and have decided I want to use it as a donor for the MOC. Is there a way up uploading the 75292 parts into the MOC parts wanted list and seeing what the delta is? Thanks

when you buy the instructions from brickvault it gives you a parts list for everything and also one for using 75292 as a donor

13 hours ago, TK4235 said:

Chaps, I have brought the 75292 Mando set and have decided I want to use it as a donor for the MOC. Is there a way up uploading the 75292 parts into the MOC parts wanted list and seeing what the delta is? Thanks

making small advertisement for rebrickable: If you register there you can upload Jeracs partlist and compare it to the official set

Hello all - can someone please confirm the latest instructions are 0.81 (on the pdf document) I’m about to build this and wanted to make sure no updates had been released! Thanks all!

2 hours ago, Kryptonic said:

Hello all - can someone please confirm the latest instructions are 0.81 (on the pdf document) I’m about to build this and wanted to make sure no updates had been released! Thanks all!

Yes, it’s the last one released. There was just some minor adjustements from the previous version.

3 hours ago, Kryptonic said:

I have v8.4 - I bought 8.1 and found out there was an update so re-downloaded the newer version.  I don't know if v8.4 is till the latest.

1 hour ago, Lfm55 said:

Yes, it’s the last one released. There was just some minor adjustements from the previous version.

Sorry there is at least v8.4 available - see page 5 on the thread.

Edited by Hold0511

Thanks for the feedback guys! Do you know if the parts charged from 81 to 84? I have just finished counting and checking everything against 81! lol