Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

8 hours ago, azanderk said:

I wish I would have had the foresight to color swap to BLO, its my favorite LEGO color.  Thinking about taking it apart to swap the color now is daunting.

I don't think it would be very complex to change the pieces to the new color, in two or three hours it would be done.

I'll start on one side and change all the Tan pieces on that side to see how it looks. If the result is convincing, I'll do it on the other side.

2 minutes ago, Jerac said:

Now I wonder why I didn't think of that color before. Eh. 

I guess you are not a hard Friends or City Jungle collector....

Same for me - I found out I didn't have almost any BLO parts when I searched for the parts for the Hammerhead Moc.

53 minutes ago, Mr Ogel said:

I guess you are not a hard Friends or City Jungle collector....

Same for me - I found out I didn't have almost any BLO parts when I searched for the parts for the Hammerhead Moc.

I have had to order them all at Bricklink, I didn't have a single piece in BLO color.

38 minutes ago, jasoriab said:

I have had to order them all at Bricklink, I didn't have a single piece in BLO color.

Be interested to see how this turns out.  As my RZ is all shades of silver I wonder if it will make the BLO pop and look awesome, or be too much....hmmm

I have made a wanted list in bricklink of all the pieces that originally come in Tan color to order them in BLO, excluding those that are not visible because they are part of the internal structure of the ship.

If @Jerac doesn't mind, I could share it here to make ordering easier.

7 minutes ago, jasoriab said:

I have made a wanted list in bricklink of all the pieces that originally come in Tan color to order them in BLO, excluding those that are not visible because they are part of the internal structure of the ship.

That would be most welcome - I was just looking at Jeracs RC wanted list which I kept to see what parts would be ordering in BLO.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:00 AM, jasoriab said:

Hello @bobs_cycle_shop

I've seen the photos of your Razor Crest mods and they look great. Congratulations!!

I really liked the black stand on which the ship rests. Could you post some more detailed photos of him? Is it possible to build it with the parts from the stand @Jerac made for the Razor Crest? This way I would occupy much less space when exposing the ship.

Also if you could upload some more photos of the cargo ramp with the actuators, and the parts you used for said actuators I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey @jasoriab, thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you like it! Of course here are some more closeup photos of the stand and cargo door.
The stand is built using studs on side construction. The left side holds the folded-out landing gear while the right side latches onto the closed landing-gear panel of the Razorcrest.

One thing to note though is that the 1x4 bricks on the small legs and the 1x6 bricks on the long legs of the stand are under very slight stress. I don't mind it as the bricks have enough tolerance to not get hurt too much, but if this is a no-go for you, you'd probably want to exchange them for technic liftarms L3 and L5 and figure out a way of doing it with those instead.

https://imgur.com/a/LgwCVk2

Edited by bobs_cycle_shop

Here is a quick BLO color swap, it wasn’t to bad as the pieces are all pretty easy to access with the door opening.  The two 2x2 corner plates on the top surface are the biggest challenge.  I’ll have to order the remaining parts, mostly more 1x1 plates and bricks, and I made a few part swaps, like the 1x1 technic bricks. Its probably a bit too bright, but a little color is welcome in Star Wars sets. 😅 

E1-C8-EC96-0-DC8-435-E-B1-F4-934241-FB94

1 hour ago, azanderk said:

Here is a quick BLO color swap, it wasn’t to bad as the pieces are all pretty easy to access with the door opening.  The two 2x2 corner plates on the top surface are the biggest challenge.  I’ll have to order the remaining parts, mostly more 1x1 plates and bricks, and I made a few part swaps, like the 1x1 technic bricks. Its probably a bit too bright, but a little color is welcome in Star Wars sets. 😅 

Nice! I really like it this way.

Now i’ll have to check the part list to order those parts, i don’t think i have much BLO and i can’t cannibalize my son’s sets :)

(ofc when i previously mentionned yellow from the ucs i was meaning bright lite orange)

3 hours ago, azanderk said:

Well crap! That looks really good! I guess there will be a small project in my future.

9 hours ago, jasoriab said:

No problem with sharing the parts list. Thanks!

3 hours ago, azanderk said:

This does indeed look very good! 

^^

Parts list is:

Plates - 1x1(22) 1x2(12) 1x3(6) 1x4(4) 1x8(2) 2x2 Corner(6)

Tiles - 1x1(4) 1x2(2) 1x6(2) 

Bricks - 1x1(2) 1x2(2)

Technic - 1x1(4)

Slopes - 1x2 Cheese(2) 2x1 Slope 45(2)

Snot - 1 x 1 with Studs on 2 Sides, Adjacent(4)

This isn't a 1 to 1 replacement, but with what I have in hand and what is available on BAP.

As @Jerachas given his approval to share it, here is the link to the list of parts needed to convert Tan to BLO in xml wanted list format for Bricklink

https://mega.nz/file/XxFCSbZR#ylf6tYRfnoo6qsIdeRvc06lUq95gQ87x7KjpWUc385Q

The pieces "Plate, Round Corner 3 x 3" if you want you can use the ones you already have in tan color, since the are not visible when mounted inside the panel, but I have included it so that the conversion to the BLO color of the front panels are complete.

It is not a bad idea to buy some extra 1x1 and 1x2 plates, in case you want to modify the decoration in BLO by personalizing it. ;)

Edited by jasoriab

1 hour ago, jasoriab said:

As @Jerachas given his approval to share it, here is the link to the list of parts needed to convert Tan to BLO in xml wanted list format for Bricklink

https://mega.nz/file/XxFCSbZR#ylf6tYRfnoo6qsIdeRvc06lUq95gQ87x7KjpWUc385Q

The pieces "Plate, Round Corner 3 x 3" if you want you can use the ones you already have in tan color, since the are not visible when mounted inside the panel, but I have included it so that the conversion to the BLO color of the front panels are complete.

It is not a bad idea to buy some extra 1x1 and 1x2 plates, in case you want to modify the decoration in BLO by personalizing it. ;)

Fab thanks muchly - orders placed.

15 hours ago, bobs_cycle_shop said:

Hey @jasoriab, thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you like it! Of course here are some more closeup photos of the stand and cargo door.
The stand is built using studs on side construction. The left side holds the folded-out landing gear while the right side latches onto the closed landing-gear panel of the Razorcrest.

One thing to note though is that the 1x4 bricks on the small legs and the 1x6 bricks on the long legs of the stand are under very slight stress. I don't mind it as the bricks have enough tolerance to not get hurt too much, but if this is a no-go for you, you'd probably want to exchange them for technic liftarms L3 and L5 and figure out a way of doing it with those instead.

https://imgur.com/a/LgwCVk2

Thank you very much @bobs_cycle_shop for the detailed photos of the support for the ship.

I already have an idea of how you have built it, and I will try to make a similar one for me. The use of technic liftarms L3 and L5 is a very good idea.

14 hours ago, azanderk said:

This Is the Way.  I really liked how the Razor Crest turned out with those pieces in BLO @azanderk

Decided that I will not test how it looks with the pieces in yellow, as soon as the BLO pieces arrive at home I will mount them to the ship.  Thanks for showing us the result. ;)

45 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

Fab thanks muchly - orders placed.

You're welcome!

Edited by jasoriab

First BL order of BLO parts arrived and so far looking very good I have to admit - I was a bit sceptical but you can see from the remaining tan parts that it does make a positive difference.  

Now I have to wait for the final parts to arrive for the remaining tan replacements then sort out that nose alignment.....

IMG_4355.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

Edited by Hold0511

I'm interested in purchasing the instructions for this but I had two questions first: Is there enough space in the interior to put a bed and toilet, and a ladder that actually leads to the cockpit? The Brickvault video didn't do a very good job of showing that off

There is a bed, no toilet and no ladder. I don’t know if you would really be able to add them but I know I would not have the design chops to be able to mod it like that. Wonderful fun  build though, very unique 

On 11/9/2022 at 10:42 AM, Tracytron54321 said:

I'm interested in purchasing the instructions for this but I had two questions first: Is there enough space in the interior to put a bed and toi. Th tlet, and a ladder that actually leads to the cockpit? The Brickvault video didn't do a very good job of showing that off

No - sadly. The top half of the MOC is its structural core, so while there is the lower deck with a bed, there is no way to connect it with upper deck without a very serious compromise to structural integrity. I wanted my model to be swooshable and if you are strong enough it certainly is, but at a cost of interior. 

New member here, and just finished this build. Absolutely incredible, the best thing I've ever constructed in Lego! I have a couple of queries Jerac, that I wonder if you can answer?

1) The stand has a slightly upward trajectory. Is this necessary to ensure that the model is properly balanced, or was it an aesthetic choice? I personally prefer my stand to be relatively flat, but I'm reluctant to modify if the model won't be properly supported!

2) I notice on your images of what is presumably your own build, you have red within the 'headlight' pieces on the nose - How have you achieved this, I would love to capture that similarly?

3) Finally, do you have any plans to publicly 'update the build' with any new features etc?

Once again, stunning work. Thank you for providing me a few days of joy in the build, and plenty of moments of joy admiring it in my office!

23 minutes ago, bengrunnell said:

New member here, and just finished this build. Absolutely incredible, the best thing I've ever constructed in Lego! I have a couple of queries Jerac, that I wonder if you can answer?

1) The stand has a slightly upward trajectory. Is this necessary to ensure that the model is properly balanced, or was it an aesthetic choice? I personally prefer my stand to be relatively flat, but I'm reluctant to modify if the model won't be properly supported!

2) I notice on your images of what is presumably your own build, you have red within the 'headlight' pieces on the nose - How have you achieved this, I would love to capture that similarly?

3) Finally, do you have any plans to publicly 'update the build' with any new features etc?

Once again, stunning work. Thank you for providing me a few days of joy in the build, and plenty of moments of joy admiring it in my office!

Glad you like it!

1: No, this is purely for aesthetics. You can modify it, but be sure to test the stand itself before putting the RC on it. The ship itself is about 3 kilos so test with 4 kilos.

2: Those are tiny pieces of red flex hoses. This was not included in instructions as is kind o a "hax" which might make these pieces with holes unusable if someone puts too small of a hose pieces there, so a bit oo much risk.

3: Not for now. I have some ideas for updates but nothing really major. I prefer to spend my lego time on making new MOCs!

18 hours ago, Jerac said:

Glad you like it!

1: No, this is purely for aesthetics. You can modify it, but be sure to test the stand itself before putting the RC on it. The ship itself is about 3 kilos so test with 4 kilos.

2: Those are tiny pieces of red flex hoses. This was not included in instructions as is kind o a "hax" which might make these pieces with holes unusable if someone puts too small of a hose pieces there, so a bit oo much risk.

3: Not for now. I have some ideas for updates but nothing really major. I prefer to spend my lego time on making new MOCs!

Thanks for the info on the red flex hoses... I assumed it was an 'inventive' piece of work on your part! I might have a go and look to recreate something similar.

Looking forward to seeing whatever you release next!

@Hold0511 soooooo.....now that I wanted to Update the BLO parts, I am reconsidering the the spraypainting. First i thought i'll just buy parts....but after having done that for the mando n1 i quickly went back to the painting plan :D god, these parts are expensive... can you tell me which spray you used exactly, i remember you mentioned plastikote.