Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

On 9/28/2022 at 9:53 AM, neithan said:

Bahahahaha, 600€, seriously?

This looks like a fun 300€ Set, maybe for a ridiculous price like 450, but 600?

AND stickers everywhere and this poor and small selection of minifigs?

The problem is the scale.

They should have done something a little smaller while still almost at minifig scale  to reach a lower price.

But the scale was defined by the pieces used on the side of the cockpit i think..

But now with the current inflation, what’s the total cost of the pieces needed for Jerac’s moc?

Lego bricks are more and more expensive on bricklink.

If you want a great razor crest at minifig scale it’s expensive anyway!

2 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

The problem is the scale.

They should have done something a little smaller while still almost at minifig scale  to reach a lower price.

But the scale was defined by the pieces used on the side of the cockpit i think..

But now with the current inflation, what’s the total cost of the pieces needed for Jerac’s moc?

Lego bricks are more and more expensive on bricklink.

If you want a great razor crest at minifig scale it’s expensive anyway!

Looking at 1.5-2K USD in terms of estimation for Jerac's mighty fine MOC - been debating for some time now to build that.

With this new UCS model - while its not as great? It's vastly cheaper.

46 minutes ago, Kage Goomba said:

Looking at 1.5-2K USD in terms of estimation for Jerac's mighty fine MOC - been debating for some time now to build that.

With this new UCS model - while its not as great? It's vastly cheaper.

May I ask if you have Jerac's part list to get to that cost? I'm surprised at that given the US is usually cheaper than the UK with a far larger number of parts and sellers on BL.

I have the MOC and still have the BL XML wanted list - if you just run straight as it without any messing/fiddling/an not using Lego parts service its (with stand) £511.91p on 9 orders (new/used) - so P&P of course to add.

Its a lot less if your willing to part your 75292 in as that gives you some of the more expensive parts like the canopy and the two carbonite "figure" parts (they are £47 alone for the three).

So to me its a good place to be as a customer - you have a number of options and can pick which you like best, mine is a lovely metallic silver, landing gear up and I'm very happy with it.  If you not interested in the sourcing of parts, want a pure UCS set with what that offers - great you now have a cool looking set from Lego.  Everyone can have the RZ they want.

Edited by Hold0511

32 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

May I ask if you have Jerac's part list to get to that cost? I'm surprised at that given the US is usually cheaper than the UK with a far larger number of parts and sellers on BL.

I have the MOC and still have the BL XML wanted list - if you just run straight as it without any messing/fiddling/an not using Lego parts service its (with stand) £511.91p on 9 orders (new/used) - so P&P of course to add.

Its a lot less if your willing to part your 75292 in as that gives you some of the more expensive parts like the canopy and the two carbonite "figure" parts (they are £47 alone for the three).

So to me its a good place to be as a customer - you have a number of options and can pick which you like best, mine is a lovely metallic silver, landing gear up and I'm very happy with it.  If you not interested in the sourcing of parts, want a pure UCS set with what that offers - great you now have a cool looking set from Lego.  Everyone can have the RZ they want.

1: I didn't make a list - but I've had to build out price out similar parts in bulk and it was not cheap (IE: my TIE Defender)
2: I'm not parting out any of my sets

3: The majority of parts are tiles and smaller parts - and in bulk - that gets pricey. The more parts - the harder it is to keep the price down. not to mention other rare/unusual parts all around. I could build a list out but I think it safe to assume its going to be more expensive than the UCS Lego set - easily.

3 minutes ago, Kage Goomba said:

1: I didn't make a list - but I've had to build out price out similar parts in bulk and it was not cheap (IE: my TIE Defender)
2: I'm not parting out any of my sets

3: The majority of parts are tiles and smaller parts - and in bulk - that gets pricey. The more parts - the harder it is to keep the price down. not to mention other rare/unusual parts all around. I could build a list out but I think it safe to assume its going to be more expensive than the UCS Lego set - easily.

No worries..

As I said, I have the MOC and the parts list - its just over £510 including the stand, the rare parts and not parting the first RZ - given the current exchange rate from a UK view that's about $565.. 

3 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

No worries..

As I said, I have the MOC and the parts list - its just over £510 including the stand, the rare parts and not parting the first RZ - given the current exchange rate from a UK view that's about $565.. 

hmm..guess ill take a look....wonder if I can pull a parts list

well have to pay for it to get parts list...he gives an estimation of 1000 rough max value - I over estimated his piece count.

The UCS Version is bigger - its got more pieces than the Star Destroyer - the MOC Weighs in at 4-5k Pieces.

Ironically - by the time I buy instructions - shipping - and parts.

Its going to be roughly his estimation - 700-1000 USD.

i am glad i built it not long after Jerac released his instructions.

At the time it did cost me something like 450€, but i used some parts of my bulk.

Over 600€ i wouldn’t had build it :/

Times where i would spend that much money on a lego ship are unfortunately now gone..

But I moved in a new house. The Crest only lost some bits at the front, however my modded 75192 didn’t survived the transport.

So I will still be busy for a while :)

For the record... Jerac's MOC is better...but its just too pricey - even if its smaller :)

Course If I built that - Id mod the rear ramp with proper struts like that other guy ;)

Wow, yeah I am glad a built it when I did. I spent less than $600 total including instructions, and the original system set. It did take awhile comparing pieces on bricklink to bricks and pieces to ensure I could save as much as possible, because I can't spend $700+ on MOCS or UCS sets!

I send parts list to anyone who wants them for free.

I just don't want them to be fully public to not make it too easy for chinese thieves.

DM me with an email.

12 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

For the record... Jerac's MOC is better...but its just too pricey - even if its smaller :)

Course If I built that - Id mod the rear ramp with proper struts like that other guy ;)

Bigger isn’t always better ;)

i have Jerac’s built and the scale is perfect with the Brickvault MF, Ghost, and Lambda. I’m working on the Slave 1 now, but having these near perfect minifigure scale bigger ships is awesome to look at.

9 hours ago, Naixin said:

Bigger isn’t always better ;)

i have Jerac’s built and the scale is perfect with the Brickvault MF, Ghost, and Lambda. I’m working on the Slave 1 now, but having these near perfect minifigure scale bigger ships is awesome to look at.

You did read what I said..right?

I never said it was bad...I said it was better. Very clearly.

Yes it smaller....but that's not saying its bad.

Hello @bobs_cycle_shop

I've seen the photos of your Razor Crest mods and they look great. Congratulations!!

I really liked the black stand on which the ship rests. Could you post some more detailed photos of him? Is it possible to build it with the parts from the stand @Jerac made for the Razor Crest? This way I would occupy much less space when exposing the ship.

Also if you could upload some more photos of the cargo ramp with the actuators, and the parts you used for said actuators I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by jasoriab

On 9/29/2022 at 12:58 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Lol my guy I agree $600 is overpriced, but $300? Really? How big do you think it is?

I dont say it is only worth 300 bucks, but it LOOKS like a 300€ Set in my eyes.

Yes, 6000 pieces and star wars tax, I know, but when I look at the pictures, it doesn`t look that big or detailed from the Outside. That`s what I meant. :-)

@Jerac is there a reason that you deviated from the 1/35 scale used on your other builds?  My assumption is the design is scaled to the existing windscreen.

Really enjoyed the build.  My favorite part was the top spine and the combination of the different snot bricks along the length.  Great idea.  Here's my almost complete build, playing around with several options for completing the front of the engines with the new parts/coloration availability.  

4401-C712-3139-45-BF-BD02-4623-F7561036.

4 minutes ago, azanderk said:

@Jerac is there a reason that you deviated from the 1/35 scale used on your other builds?  My assumption is the design is scaled to the existing windscreen.

Really enjoyed the build.  My favorite part was the top spine and the combination of the different snot bricks along the length.  Great idea.  Here's my almost complete build, playing around with several options for completing the front of the engines with the new parts/coloration availability.  

I never build to exact numerical scale. I always scale to the most probleatic part/area. Glad you liked it! ^^

That said, I scaled the ship to Mando's height when standing in the side doorway, and everything else kinda followed that. Cockpit just kinda fit. 

18 minutes ago, Jerac said:

I never build to exact numerical scale. I always scale to the most probleatic part/area. Glad you liked it! ^^

That said, I scaled the ship to Mando's height when standing in the side doorway, and everything else kinda followed that. Cockpit just kinda fit. 

I saw the official one in flesh today, the scale you used is better in my opinion.

It has a nice interior, but the ship is too big as the gaps..

However i like the yellow, i might switch the tan on mine if i have the time someday.

44 minutes ago, Lfm55 said:

I saw the official one in flesh today, the scale you used is better in my opinion.

It has a nice interior, but the ship is too big as the gaps..

However i like the yellow, i might switch the tan on mine if i have the time someday.

I want to try two colors, one is yellow and the other the color that LEGO has used in the UCS, Bright Light Orange, to see what the result is, to replace the Tan color of the front part of the ship.

The problem is that there is a specific piece that does not exist in yellow, so some areas of the Razor Crest would have to be redone. This part is: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=26604&C=3#T=C&C=86

3 hours ago, jasoriab said:

I want to try two colors, one is yellow and the other the color that LEGO has used in the UCS, Bright Light Orange, to see what the result is, to replace the Tan color of the front part of the ship.

The problem is that there is a specific piece that does not exist in yellow, so some areas of the Razor Crest would have to be redone. This part is: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=26604&C=3#T=C&C=86

I wish I would have had the foresight to color swap to BLO, its my favorite LEGO color.  Thinking about taking it apart to swap the color now is daunting.

6 hours ago, azanderk said:

I like that N-1 Mod, is that your own? Or an existing Mod somewhere else?