Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

Thank you all so much for the positive feedback! Glad you like it too @Jerac and maybe inspires you for an update.

I put together some images to illustrate the engine mod below. It is not the sturdiest design during building it but once everything is assembled it holds together reasonably well, especially for a display model. Have fun building! :) 
EndcmZK.jpeg

I made a small misplacement while rebuilding this (the 1x2 plate and hinge are 1 stud off in the beginning, I marked up the mistake). In the later pictures on the second page it's fixed.

Edited by bobs_cycle_shop

Just a warning: The wedge belt wheel is thicker than a plate. Not by much, but it is. This means, those bar-clip pieces used there can get permanently damaged. 
So perhaps this one change inside I'd omit.

1 hour ago, jasoriab said:

A new Razor Crest update with these mods posted by  @Lfm55  and @bobs_cycle_shop would be great.

Thank you very much @Jerac for offering to update your magnificent Razor Crest.

Just a note, this won't be any time soon. Currently I am working on another SW model, and it is a big one, and I also want to make instructions for the angel.
Next year the earliest. 

That said if the UCS RC ends up being silver... this might be very, very useful ;]

11 hours ago, Jerac said:

That said if the UCS RC ends up being silver... this might be very, very useful ;]

Please don't make it all silver Lego! I can't afford another Razorcrest!

As I've got Jerac's already in metallic silver - any official Lego UCS is going to have to be so amazing to be considered....and it's not often Lego do actually make a set that's as good as the best MOCs like this one.

20 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Please don't make it all silver Lego! I can't afford another Razorcrest!

Based off of the leaked photos of the sticker sheet, it seems that it is LBG. 

On 7/21/2022 at 5:31 PM, bobs_cycle_shop said:

First and foremost the biggest thank you to Jerac and Brickvault for giving us the opportunity to build this intricate, detailed, huge and in most parts accurate and definately beautiful Moc!

I loved every second of building it. So many ingenious building techniques, the way you made this large model so sturdy and how you managed to capture the studless metal plating look of the in-universe craft is really showing your skill as a builder/designer and also as a construction manual creator.

While I was very happy with most aspects of the model, I wanted to work on some areas, namely the engine intakes, the angle of the lower back, the cargo ramp in the back, the detailing on the side doors , the rear part of the cannons and the actually asymmetrical yellow markings on the side walls. Additionaly I wanted to add some weathering to make the ship look a bit more bumped up and visually interesting as nothing in the old era star wars is really pristine looking.

The engine intakes were my main focus as I just didn't like the understud look and the visible tube from the original design. @Lfm55 's version gave me some ideas so i basically took the design with the 1x1 cheeseslopes and the inner intake but came up with my own design for the cone to make it more smooth with less gaps and in my opinion a bit more accurate. I am very happy with how this turned out.

The other bigger modification was the lower back. looking at reference pictures, I figured the angle on the original design was a bit too steep. And as i was redesigning that area already, I also reworked the cargo camp to be actually framed by the backwall and I added some fake actuators asweel. I know the ramp is now too small but this was my personal preference.

Thanks again to Jerac for this awesome model. I absolutely love to look at it everyday with it standing next to my work-desk.
nRCdjWC.jpeg

Nice one!

I love the cargo ramp with the actuators too!

With the rumored UCS incoming, i wonder what will be their take on this one.

I can’t believe it will be as good or accurate as this one but it may have some interesting solutions for some parts of the build. Or at least some interesting parts..

The official new mando ship if forgot the name had better mocs..

On 8/5/2022 at 11:27 PM, Lfm55 said:

With the rumored UCS incoming, i wonder what will be their take on this one.

I can’t believe it will be as good or accurate as this one but it may have some interesting solutions for some parts of the build. Or at least some interesting parts..

The official new mando ship if forgot the name had better mocs..

due to limited money and space UCS was never an option for me but from "afar" I am very curious about TLG's take as well. If it's good I hope to see it in a Lego shop at one point.

All the huge MOC's have used crazy techniques for almost any angle that Lego could and would never use due to stability and easy instructions. Very curious how they'll solve it :pir-laugh:

18 pages of comments, dang. I first found your work from your Garm Gauss Tank (which I absolutely adore), I will definitely be following your work closely. Fantastic model, looking forward to the next project you make

15 hours ago, AyeMatey said:

I don't think there is any possible way the official one will compare to this masterpiece.

Actually after having seen the leak, the official one is pretty close. Still no good solution for the engine intake and no metallic silver :p

I don’t think i could justify to buy it after having built the Jerac’s one.

2 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

Actually after having seen the leak, the official one is pretty close. Still no good solution for the engine intake and no metallic silver :p

I don’t think i could justify to buy it after having built the Jerac’s one.

Yup second that - it looks good, but Jerac's silver beast will remain in prime position on my shelf.  Might steal the instructions for the Blurg and see if its better that the ones I have.

Well the UCS one is bigger - so it has a better interior. I still claim better scale and smoothness though ^^

Overall though? I am positively surprised. I am glad to see this ship got such a nice treatment!

I like what Lego have done with the engines, but overall, i feel the scale and proportion of yours is better. The Lego cockpit i feel is out of scale, but its still a great looking model. I wonder where Lego got their inspiration from for some of the design choices haha!

It actually looks very niuce but the small amount of minifigs and brick built Blurgg and the inclusion of stickers just makes this kind of messy for the price.

I am very Happy with Jerac's version, and the early pics don't make me feel like im missing out, especially at that cost!.

Jerac, how about a Mando N-1 to go with it!?

On 9/21/2022 at 12:56 PM, Jerac said:

Well the UCS one is bigger - so it has a better interior. I still claim better scale and smoothness though ^^

Overall though? I am positively surprised. I am glad to see this ship got such a nice treatment!

Now that the official pictures are out, 

I like the interior but the stickers are awful.

And I am so used with the sleakiness of your moc than now i find the official one a little too chubby..

My wallet is happy!

1 hour ago, Lfm55 said:

Now that the official pictures are out, 

I like the interior but the stickers are awful.

And I am so used with the sleakiness of your moc than now i find the official one a little too chubby..

My wallet is happy!

Thanks! ^^

Though personally I don't mind the stickers ;)

Just now, Naixin said:

So I’m really impressed with the UCS crest but I honestly think Jerac’s is better.

Couldn't agree more. I built my crest without any substitutions and its just incredible to look at. The official one, as had to sacrifice some proportions (especially in the cockpit) to fit an interior. Which makes sense. I'm tempted to buy the official one and just leave it in the box. I dont think i could break down Jeracs model, its just so good to look at on display!!!

8 minutes ago, Kryptonic said:

Couldn't agree more. I built my crest without any substitutions and its just incredible to look at. The official one, as had to sacrifice some proportions (especially in the cockpit) to fit an interior. Which makes sense. I'm tempted to buy the official one and just leave it in the box. I dont think i could break down Jeracs model, its just so good to look at on display!!!

I think I’m gonna wait to just buy the minifigures. I just think Jerac’s is so smooth. A lot of the big MOCs are so much better than official legos haha 

Bahahahaha, 600€, seriously?

This looks like a fun 300€ Set, maybe for a ridiculous price like 450, but 600?

AND stickers everywhere and this poor and small selection of minifigs? Well... that is an even bigger joke than the new Hogwarts Express.

The UCS Razor Crest seems to be a good set (nothing like the insulting Justifier), but come on, that pricepoint is awful.

15 hours ago, neithan said:

Bahahahaha, 600€, seriously?

This looks like a fun 300€ Set, maybe for a ridiculous price like 450, but 600?

Lol my guy I agree $600 is overpriced, but $300? Really? How big do you think it is?

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Lol my guy I agree $600 is overpriced, but $300? Really? How big do you think it is?

While your debating price - it has more pieces than the Star Destroyer - minor detail.

Seems a tad high - but I get why it is.