Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

84 is the last one. 

It contains major improvement to the front landing gear and some minor optimizations. If I remember correctly, if you have built v81 already, you need two additional 1x2 plates in the landing gear in the front.
But ideally you should get v84.

If someone bought the instructions reasonably recently, please tell me when and I'll ask BV guys when did they publish v84. There might have been some issue 

Thank you so much for taking the time to rely! I ended up redownloading it from BV and it is v84 now! Can’t wait to start building this!!

On 11/13/2021 at 12:07 PM, Hold0511 said:

I have v8.4 - I bought 8.1 and found out there was an update so re-downloaded the newer version.  I don't know if v8.4 is till the latest.

Sorry there is at least v8.4 available - see page 5 on the thread.

On 11/13/2021 at 12:32 PM, Kryptonic said:

Thanks for the feedback guys! Do you know if the parts charged from 81 to 84? I have just finished counting and checking everything against 81! lol 

Yes, that’s right,

but if i remember well, the parts change is minor too.

It’s about the front landing gear and two 1x4 plates.

I did’t had to make a new order after the update.

edit : nervermind, somehow previous answers didn’t appeared when i answered -_-

Edited by Lfm55

Yeah sorry that was the wrong thread haha!

as it happens im busy building my Crest tonight.... i do have a quick question.... ive just added the two internal pipes to the internal bay but ive noticed that now the two cargo doors appear to touch the tube slightly and prevent it from sitting completely flush? is this by design ? if not, how have you guys fixed it? Thanks!! 

7 hours ago, Kryptonic said:

Yeah sorry that was the wrong thread haha!

as it happens im busy building my Crest tonight.... i do have a quick question.... ive just added the two internal pipes to the internal bay but ive noticed that now the two cargo doors appear to touch the tube slightly and prevent it from sitting completely flush? is this by design ? if not, how have you guys fixed it? Thanks!! 

Step 445?

Do you mean the doors are not flush or the pipe is not fully flush in the clips?  I don't recall it being a problem either way - assuming the pipe/clip not being flush I did not notice if it isn't.   See what other folks came across. 

Ah right, I suspect pushing the cargo door in has probably done the same to mine and I just never noticed it!  Other than a once over once finished I have only had it on display (other than the many engine front changes) so have never tried opening the cargo doors since then.....

Well my journey down this path has begun... Approx 2300 parts ordered from Lego BnP I'll order another bulk buy later on in the week and then the remainder from BL. I'm trying to see if I can make it all for under £500 :) Just need to buy the instructions from BV now.... Exciting times ahead :)

Wow, great job Jerac! I would love to build this but i just dont have that mutch money right now. i probobly will buy the cheaper mould king version, and then your instructions. would that work? or is the mould king one different?

Edited by Ravager

On 12/10/2021 at 3:35 AM, Ravager said:

Wow, great job Jerac! I would love to build this but i just dont have that mutch money right now. i probobly will buy the cheaper mould king version, and then your instructions. would that work? or is the mould king one different?

Thanks!

Welllll.... yeah, it is your choice. It is still supporting chinese *$(@$ who put zero effort into actually doing any work themselves.
Which is honestly better than if they do put any effort :D

That's what you'll receive:
tnWOhNy.png

vs

50795697652_2fb1aab567_c.jpg

That's not just shoddy assembly or parts quality, they have for some reason altered the design, probably to fix some issues. Mine definitely is not flawless, absolutely no. Nose assembly is proven to be demanding to get right and is quite fragile even then, but somehow the chinese managed to also break landing gear, remove some structural joints, mess up engines and do some other little changes which make no sense whatsoever.

But at least you'll get a super long body and some wisdom!

s8srmbG.png

Edited by Jerac

On 12/10/2021 at 2:35 AM, Ravager said:

As stated by the designer Jerac himself, its a sub-par model knocked off with issues in the version of the build that will be unique to the MK build - anything not Lego tends to get a rather poor response on this forum (its a Lego forum after all) so I don't think you will get a lot of support/advice if you buy it, and there is always that risk with the non Lego brands that even the picture you buy from is nothing like what you get when the bags arrive (Space Eagle 1999 I fess up to you).

So whilst buying the official instructions does give Jerac an element of recompense, the issue will be for you how useful and correct those instructions will actually prove to you with the MK model.

Not having the cash really sucks - especially on such iconic models such as Jeracs RZ, but I would council patience and see if your able to save up over time - other than the cockpit (which you can build using an alternative brick solution) I don't see any of the parts needed going away from availability any time soon  (unlike some of the mocs which suck up limited old parts stock and then thats it or they go crazy nut prices).

My thoughts - you make your decision and be comfortable with it.

The Jerac model does have some little foibles as all MOCs do, but this baby is so worth it and even now every time I walk into my office and see it it makes me smile - worth waiting and doing right it you can.

1 hour ago, Mr Ogel said:

aua - the MK version is not only cheap but it also looks cheap...

There are some scary looking gaps and changes for sure.

Keep in mind if money is an issue that knock off lego models have no resell value.

Lego bricks aren’t cheap but if you buy them used, you can still sell them afterwards without loosing too much.

I personnally wouldn’t like to have a cheap chineese copy on my shelf, but i can understand people going that way with those pricy huge moc.

Buying cheap Chinese knockoffs will bring you pain and misery - guaranteed.

My MOC Project (Corellian Transport YT Model (model withheld :P :) ) is going to be 4-6000 pieces easy.

I plan to buy "chunks" of parts a month - I suggest you budget accordingly and get parts over time.

No one said you had to do it all at once.

4 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

+1 for the good looking moc.

-1 for charging the community for instructions.

No one is forcing you to pay for the instructions? The amount of effort, work, and commitment that went into this build is just staggering. Why would you not charge for it???

36 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

So, design one yourself and then give away the instructions. (We'll all hold our breath while we await the results.)

2 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

Paying for the instructions for this bad boy was worth every penny and them some....so you make your own choice and go with it..  

JeracRZ1.jpg

1 minute ago, Hold0511 said:

Paying for the instructions for this bad boy was worth every penny and them some....so you make your own choice and go with it..  

JeracRZ1.jpg

Oh wow!!! Silver!?!? Is this painted? It looks absolutely incredible 

2 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

I have to disagree with your remark about instructions.

As someone who is designing their own "UCS" that will likely be 4-5-6000 pieces - that's not something you take lightly.
Mines already eaten up hundreds of hours in just the design phase. That's a lot of work and effort.

Some take over a year!

Now if said instructions are stupidly expensive then you'd have a case.

But honestly the prices I've seen online are rather rational for things of this nature.

Likening to an artist drawing for a commission. But as someone pointed out - don't like it - do your own.

This is a work of art frankly - and very well done/designed. I'm tempted to buy one myself if it weren't for my to-do list lego wise. :)

3 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

Making it in standard high enough to be "instructionable", designing all the steps and instructions themselves made it take me about a year from first piece laid to final commit.
Making just the MOC itself would take up to about 3 months, leaving me with 9 months free for building.

Considering how this was never really profitable considering the time it took, and now Chinese are taking the rest of it away, I am already reducing amount of MOCs I make instructions for.
I don't expect to make more than one in 2022 aside from mandatory updates to existing ones. Maybe two if something particularly special appears, dunno.
So I guess reasonably soon I will only get +1s from you ;)

Edited by Jerac

39 minutes ago, Jerac said:

Making it in standard high enough to be "instructionable", designing all the steps and instructions themselves made it take me about a year from first piece laid to final commit.
Making just the MOC itself would take up to about 3 months, leaving me with 9 months free for building.

Considering how this was never really profitable considering the time it took, and now Chinese are taking the rest of it away, I am already reducing amount of MOCs I make instructions for.
I don't expect to make more than one in 2022 aside from mandatory updates to existing ones. Maybe two if something particularly special appears, dunno.

You can have my +1 🎉

42 minutes ago, Jerac said:

This makes me quite sad But I understand. Whenever I see anyone buying the knock off version I always encourage them to go buy the official instructions. Every build of yours I have done has been special and I look forward to these like I do Lego UCS releases. The expectation for this quality of instruction to be free is absurd.