Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

1 hour ago, Matts Lego Creations said:

Hello,

really an amazig version of the Razor! Fantastic!

Can somebody tell me which part was used for the windscreen?

Many thanks!

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=67950pb01&name=Cylinder Half 3 x 6 x 6 Closed on Top with 2 Studs with SW The Razor Crest Canopy Pattern&category=[Cylinder, Decorated]#T=S&C=12&O={"color":12,"iconly":0}

Cylinder Half 3 x 6 x 6 Closed on Top with 2 Studs with SW The Razor Crest Canopy Pattern

Jerac does offer a brick built alternative in his instructions.

Edited by Hold0511

On 4/22/2021 at 9:58 AM, Lfm55 said:

Yes, come on! 
Even if it is a little heavy to move :head_back:

Better late than never :innocent:

51131160183_1e2f20d3a5_c.jpg

51130271267_f95f0d8c08_c.jpg

51131159938_1707f8e83c_c.jpg

51131724264_41c44c7a3e_c.jpg

oh man I am going to have to work on those engine vents! Would you be mind me asking for more photos? :D

I love Jerac's version of the ship but those engine intakes are just brilliant! I built RichboyJhaes version but it was so delicate to move about. Best part were the intakes on it for me!

5 hours ago, Hamsha said:

oh man I am going to have to work on those engine vents! Would you be mind me asking for more photos? :D

I love Jerac's version of the ship but those engine intakes are just brilliant! I built RichboyJhaes version but it was so delicate to move about. Best part were the intakes on it for me!

For the vents, i just used technic part 4185 with the rubber band 2815 with a lot of bar 1L with clip instead of the dish. The back of the engine yet use a similar technic with the ski parts.

And parts 36840, 15712 and 1x2 slopes also for the vertical thing (i don’t know how to call that)

The only problem is i am not sure about how does it fit in the original intakes. I can do some pictures showing how i built it in the next few days if you want, just need to find some time when my little kid is away.

I was now wondering if at some point Jerac would update his intakes with a better solution ;)

Yes, eventually - though I am still not convinced about some details yet. I'll let it live as is for a while and gather ideas and then make a bigger update with some other potential changes too.

On 5/26/2021 at 11:08 PM, Lfm55 said:

For the vents, i just used technic part 4185 with the rubber band 2815 with a lot of bar 1L with clip instead of the dish. The back of the engine yet use a similar technic with the ski parts.

And parts 36840, 15712 and 1x2 slopes also for the vertical thing (i don’t know how to call that)

The only problem is i am not sure about how does it fit in the original intakes. I can do some pictures showing how i built it in the next few days if you want, just need to find some time when my little kid is away.

I was now wondering if at some point Jerac would update his intakes with a better solution ;)

You my friend are a legend! I have just finished spraying all the parts for my silver version of it so will have a look around for some more parts for the upgrade here! 

If you get a chance I'm sure I won't be the only person to thank you for the photos! No rush on them, just if and when you get time. 

43 minutes ago, Hamsha said:

You my friend are a legend! I have just finished spraying all the parts for my silver version of it so will have a look around for some more parts for the upgrade here! 

If you get a chance I'm sure I won't be the only person to thank you for the photos! No rush on them, just if and when you get time. 

Out of curiosity, with what and how did you spray the parts? Every single one?! I am almost done building mine, but maybe at some point in the future I might consider (re)doing that. I'd love to hear how you went on about it. Saw the one silver/chrome/spray version here in this thread and it looks stunning. 

1 hour ago, neroart said:

Out of curiosity, with what and how did you spray the parts? Every single one?! I am almost done building mine, but maybe at some point in the future I might consider (re)doing that. I'd love to hear how you went on about it. Saw the one silver/chrome/spray version here in this thread and it looks stunning. 

Sliding in somewhat - I sprayed mine with Plastikote - doing each brick individually with varying coats/layers/directions etc gives you the variations in tone/shade which then enables you to get a more natural effect/  In effect its a similar approach to Lego drum lacquering their pieces.  Mix in the standard Lego Met Silver, Flat Silver, PDG, PLG etc and it works well.

Appreciate its not for all but worth it with this ship.

I can pm you if you want any more details so as not to disrupt the thread.

JeracRZ2.jpg

Edited by Hold0511

Man, this on a proper black background would be epicness to the six hundred sixty sixth!

I've seen this photo before but it never ceases to amaze me.  

I wonder who will be the first crazy brave soul to try tape the windscreen and spray only the grey parts :D

Edited by Jerac

1 minute ago, Jerac said:

Man, this on a proper black background would be epicness to the six hundred sixty sixth!

I've seen this photo before but it never ceases to amaze me.  

I wonder who will be the first crazy brave soul to try tape the windscreen and spray only the grey parts :D

You know that has never actually occurred to me to do....hmm....but now you have said it.....masking the two front bars would be the hardest part with the curves - the rest of the lines are stright.

1 hour ago, Hold0511 said:

Sliding in somewhat - I sprayed mine with Plastikote - doing each brick individually with varying coats/layers/directions etc gives you the variations in tone/shade which then enables you to get a more natural effect/  In effect its a similar approach to Lego drum lacquering their pieces.  Mix in the standard Lego Met Silver, Flat Silver, PDG, PLG etc and it works well.

Appreciate its not for all but worth it with this ship.

I can pm you if you want any more details so as not to disrupt the thread.

JeracRZ2.jpg

Hey hold, 

Thank you, I was a bit lazy to search for your post, thank you for the input! This simply is mind boggling... how long did it take you? I guess I'll start off by first replacing some gray parts with tan, dark red, sand blue etc. and then after coming back to your photos and eventually not being able to resist I will start thinking about this crazy undertaking :D

Edited by neroart

1 minute ago, neroart said:

Hey hold, 

Thank you, I was a bit lazy to search for your post, thank you for the input! This simply is mind boggling... how long did it take you? I guess I'll start off by first replacing some gray parts with tan, dark red, sand blue etc. and then after coming back to your photos and eventually not being able to resist I will start thinking about this crazy undertaking :D

I built the model over two weeks on and off, having sorted the parts into the tubs I use to group them.  So I did about 2 / 3 spray "batches " a day over that period, based on how many parts fitted into the large lego box I used as my spray booth and a rough look ahead over any specific parts being used in the next 100 steps or so.  Each spray pass is only a couple of minutes - its the sorting/drying which takes the time together with the smaller number of parts which needed a second coat (covering more than one side say).  Had I decided to do all the spraying in one go - its probably only an hour or so to do - assuming you have the space to lay out all the parts at once for spraying/drying which I don't (two kids and dog would not be able to resist with the "touchy touchy").  

You could do in sub assemblies with some planning, but you lose some of the patina and also it will then "glue" parts together and you risk the paint pooling - doing them individually means they are still "normal" bricks. 

6 hours ago, neroart said:

I used this paint https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001W03PMC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the cheapest pieces that I could find in the correct shape as they were going to be painted anyway, laid them all out and sprayed from all angles and covered all sides as best I could. I spent about a day doing it in total but I painted all the parts that were visible. 

I built the ship in studio to work out what was visible then coloured them blue and the ones that are hidden red so when I uploaded to Bricklink to get the parts lists I knew what was painted, visible and needed in the correct colours. 

@Hold0511 yours is amazing, you beat me to it! :D I did RichboyJhaes version summer last year painted but it was just too delicate for me! I move around a lot and like to take these ships for a swoosh every so often so had to do Jeracs!

@Jerac its such an amazing ship, I am going to be doing a light my bricks lit engines and cockpit for it I think too :D

6 minutes ago, Hamsha said:

I used this paint https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001W03PMC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the cheapest pieces that I could find in the correct shape as they were going to be painted anyway, laid them all out and sprayed from all angles and covered all sides as best I could. I spent about a day doing it in total but I painted all the parts that were visible. 

I built the ship in studio to work out what was visible then coloured them blue and the ones that are hidden red so when I uploaded to Bricklink to get the parts lists I knew what was painted, visible and needed in the correct colours. 

@Hold0511 yours is amazing, you beat me to it! :D I did RichboyJhaes version summer last year painted but it was just too delicate for me! I move around a lot and like to take these ships for a swoosh every so often so had to do Jeracs!

@Jerac its such an amazing ship, I am going to be doing a light my bricks lit engines and cockpit for it I think too :D

Ta - some more pics in the https://bricksafe.com/pages/hold0511/lego/razor-crest-moc-by-jerac folder.  Ignore the engine two - I'm still playing around with either going down the Lfm55 or trying to make the slopes fit better - no time at the moment.

Now that's a clever idea - I stuck with either LBG or DBG as I knew what the effect of the paint would have.- but I bet you saved a lot of time and money once you had worked out the parts you had to get right v's any cheap and available.

3 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

Ta - some more pics in the https://bricksafe.com/pages/hold0511/lego/razor-crest-moc-by-jerac folder.  Ignore the engine two - I'm still playing around with either going down the Lfm55 or trying to make the slopes fit better - no time at the moment.

Now that's a clever idea - I stuck with either LBG or DBG as I knew what the effect of the paint would have.- but I bet you saved a lot of time and money once you had worked out the parts you had to get right v's any cheap and available.

It probably did save me quite a lot of money. Its also nice to see the ship and go through the instructions before going to bricks to make sure I know what's there and see if there are any changes/improvements I can make.

I haven't dared add up my BL spend since COVID but its gonna be a shock... I did, the A-Wing, Razorcrest, custom Millennium Falcon, Zeta Shuttle and currently doing a Stinger Mantis moc... my poor wallet haha!

I just finished the build and I wanted to thank you @Jerac. She's a real beauty. The construction is really interesting, very intricate and yet the instructions are easy to follow. All in all, a very nice experience. :D

By a curious coincidence, I promise that it was not intended, my next one is your Battlecruiser. The last parts should arrive very soon, so I'm looking forward to it.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:45 AM, Hamsha said:

Here you are.

ZSz2G5P_d.webp?maxwidth=400&fidelity=gra

I don’t know how to properly and easily embed the images from imgur in a small resolution so here’s the link to the gallery

https://imgur.com/gallery/zKo5Ni7

1st image shows how you have to shave the front of the intake. I removed some 1x2 bricks with 2studs on side, switched the 1x3 tiles to 1x4. 1x2 slopes are there to secure the brackets from the assemblies on pics 3,4,5 (it’s the same to do 3 times by engine) and 9,10.

Pics 6 and 7 show the vents assembly i previously gave the parts numbers

Pic 8 show how it rests on the 1x4 dbg plates. Arrange the clip bars like the left side when putting the flexible tube, it will be a little tightened, and the middle clip bar will be between the 2 clips on the side.

Pics 9, 10 show the bottom with the flexible tube. This flexible tube will be a lot easier to connect if it was previously rounded. Otherwise it’s a real pain in the megablocks to put on correctly. Notice on pic 10, it’s not a perfect circle, it’s a bit flattened at the bottom.

There’s nothing fancy about how i built that, you should be fine by taking a look at the pictures to identify parts needed. Otherwise just let me know.

After that, let’s just wait for Jerac’s update. I know there’s a better way somewhere :)

On 5/26/2021 at 11:43 PM, Jerac said:

Yes, eventually - though I am still not convinced about some details yet. I'll let it live as is for a while and gather ideas and then make a bigger update with some other potential changes too.

Are we talking a future v2? I have been hanging on to make this until I can get everything I need at a price I am happy with but may hang on a little longer if a revision is coming. 

5 minutes ago, LDigital said:

Are we talking a future v2? I have been hanging on to make this until I can get everything I need at a price I am happy with but may hang on a little longer if a revision is coming. 

Yeah but definitely not this year. Nor early 2022. There are too many other cool things to build first!

1 hour ago, Jerac said:

Yeah but definitely not this year. Nor early 2022. There are too many other cool things to build first!

Ah ok, I’ll probably just get on with it then I can’t wait that long. If and when that happens would you provide a conversion Parts list and directions for those who want to upgrade later?

1 hour ago, LDigital said:

Ah ok, I’ll probably just get on with it then I can’t wait that long. If and when that happens would you provide a conversion Parts list and directions for those who want to upgrade later?

Go on, the model is great, don’t wait a year for what should be minor adjustments.

It’s not like the ship is going to have a lot of screentime with more accurate 3d availables anytime soon :laugh:

Unless they magically resurrect the ship in season 3..

2 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

Go on, the model is great, don’t wait a year for what should be minor adjustments.

It’s not like the ship is going to have a lot of screentime with more accurate 3d availables anytime soon :laugh:

Unless they magically resurrect the ship in season 3..

Well, In mando they appeared to fix the unfixable many times. It kept getting so battered but they fixed It again just enough to keep going to the next episode. When it got completely nuked in season 2 my Mrs turned to me and said “they will probably repair that again” haha 

It is true that with Disney, nothing is ever permanent dead or destroyed. But I wouldn't be surprised if Mando gets a new ship. For them it makes a new toy to sell and for us a new Lego build. ;)

Edited by l0renZo
Typo