Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

This was not connected to the rest. It can be done, I just did not continue developing this idea. Experiment on your own! 

I built Papaglops Razorcrest and while I really do love it, I really love angles and symmetry on the wings of Jeracs model compared to Papaglops. When Papa released his, I'm not sure how much source material was available in the first season compared to some of what we saw in the 2nd season of the Mandalorian - regardless both creations are really impressive and I'm seriously considering building Jeracs as I see more photos of it. Based on the part count can anyone give an average dollar per piece?  

1 hour ago, coreyschaaf said:

I built Papaglops Razorcrest and while I really do love it, I really love angles and symmetry on the wings of Jeracs model compared to Papaglops. When Papa released his, I'm not sure how much source material was available in the first season compared to some of what we saw in the 2nd season of the Mandalorian - regardless both creations are really impressive and I'm seriously considering building Jeracs as I see more photos of it. Based on the part count can anyone give an average dollar per piece?  

It's worth it. I'm 350 steps or so in and damn it's fun and complex!

Papaglop had way less sources, basically no good quality top and back shots. 
He had close to no way of doing it right.

3 hours ago, coreyschaaf said:

If you scroll back to page 4 there is a US quote on build cost which will give you a good baseline - I had a decent stash of pieces already and put the official Lego RZ into the build (and being UK the availability of parts is different).  As ever with MOCs it depends on what you have already or if your buying all the parts, and if your going down the new or used route.  Cockpit piece will be the biggest single cost probably (unless you take the brick built option).

16 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

If you scroll back to page 4 there is a US quote on build cost which will give you a good baseline - I had a decent stash of pieces already and put the official Lego RZ into the build (and being UK the availability of parts is different).  As ever with MOCs it depends on what you have already or if your buying all the parts, and if your going down the new or used route.  Cockpit piece will be the biggest single cost probably (unless you take the brick built option).

I'm in the US and bought everything but the canopy and Carbonite pieces and it was roughly $867 with shipping. 

On 5/6/2021 at 12:35 AM, Hold0511 said:

On 5/6/2021 at 12:33 AM, Jerac said:

Papaglop had way less sources, basically no good quality top and back shots. 
He had close to no way of doing it right.

Thanks for the information guys. PapaGlops windscreens were also a bit pricey but I was fortunate enough to get 2 of them before they went way up in price.  As I finish my own project, I'm looking for another build. 

I don’t have a ton of bulk, but I actually have two of these windscreens. A sign maybe? :)

5 hours ago, Morgrim said:

I don’t have a ton of bulk, but I actually have two of these windscreens. A sign maybe? :)

DEW IT!!!

I just bought the manual from brickvault and the parts as set from aliexpress. They sell it for around 210 USD. They come without canopy but you can buy this small set also from aliexpress. :)

7 minutes ago, Keek said:

I just bought the manual from brickvault and the parts as set from aliexpress. They sell it for around 210 USD. They come without canopy but you can buy this small set also from aliexpress. :)

You bought close to $1000 worth of parts for $210, all in one place? I'd say you either got the deal of the century... or you're going to find those aren't real LEGO parts you bought.

Unfortunately some megablocks bought a set of instructions from brickvault and now are selling the design as a set with compatibles bricks.

They even mention brickvault as if the designer was retributed.

I repported the ad on facebook and warned Jerac but there’s not much else to do.

14 minutes ago, Keek said:

4 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

You bought close to $1000 worth of parts for $210, all in one place? I'd say you either got the deal of the century... or you're going to find those aren't real LEGO parts you bought.

Pretty much everything from Ali Express is not Official LEGO. The quality of the parts are subpar. However purchasing the actual instructions is the right thing to do as many of the stores on Ali just offer a bootlegged version of the instructions. 

While LEGO is expensive sometimes you do get what you pay for. 

I will say this as well, as a creator, mentioning you purchased the instructions is much appreciated however, giving the site any publicity or telling where to puchase is frowned upon in my very humble opinion. You may not be aware but almost all those companies share a bootlegged version and the designer sees nothing. 

10 hours ago, coreyschaaf said:

Pretty much everything from Ali Express is not Official LEGO. The quality of the parts are subpar. However purchasing the actual instructions is the right thing to do as many of the stores on Ali just offer a bootlegged version of the instructions. 

While LEGO is expensive sometimes you do get what you pay for. 

I will say this as well, as a creator, mentioning you purchased the instructions is much appreciated however, giving the site any publicity or telling where to puchase is frowned upon in my very humble opinion. You may not be aware but almost all those companies share a bootlegged version and the designer sees nothing

100% spot on - we all know its bootleg knockoff parts and the designers get nothing for all their hard work - lets not give them any oxygen on a Lego forum - but fair play at least when people buy the original manual from the designer.

Edited by Hold0511

Hi Guys,

I’m collecting pieces at this moment. Any thoughts on when prices for the canopy piece are gonna drop?

I think the set is widely available now but I don’t see anything happening on BrickLink yet...

Even the price for the 6059 is half the price of a canopy and you need two of them as an alternative.

26 minutes ago, base_1 said:

Hi Guys,

I’m collecting pieces at this moment. Any thoughts on when prices for the canopy piece are gonna drop?

I think the set is widely available now but I don’t see anything happening on BrickLink yet...

Even the price for the 6059 is half the price of a canopy and you need two of them as an alternative.

Jerac's brick built canopy option is a decent holding place whilst you wait but I am not sure the price of the lego part will decrease that much any time soon - given the ship is destroyed in the series, unless Mando finds another one (its still DIsney after all) at some point Lego is going to stop making 75292 and then it will only get worse.  Maybe if the canopy gets used in another set (maybe with no printing at all or a print similar enough to use) then becomes more available.  Sadly great MOCs like this one drive up demand.

I don't know what drives BL'ers to buy and part sets, but its not a cheap set to buy in bulk and you only have to see the purchase history on BL for the part to see that any BL seller is going to want to price it accordingly for some time to come.

Edited by Hold0511

Prices for 6059 went high because of Papaglop's razor Crest. Personally I don't think that the canopy from 75292 or 6059 will drop in price. Maybe you can be happy to buy it under 20 dollar or Euro. Afaik the 75292 will go EoL end of this year, it is more or less exclusive and there will be no high number of reduced sets which could decrease the price. 

If you look at the price guide on BL you simply will realize that of course somebody who opens a set and sell the parts need a compensation for the efforts and invested money. Especially when the set itself was already sold for double price on BL last December. It is sought set and you should buy the set or canopy when it is fitting to you and not wait too long.

28 minutes ago, base_1 said:

Just bought the canopy for €30.-
Ouch...

It hurts, but at least you now own the most expensive single part!

And as stated before, it will only rise in price..

I can’t see that part used in the future in a smaller set.

Anyway, enjoy the build!

1 hour ago, base_1 said:

Just bought the canopy for €30.-
Ouch...

Trust me once its sat on top of this fabulous MOC you will not regret it!

You can also order the canopy from lego as replacement. ;)

34 minutes ago, Keek said:

If you don't actually own the set (and have a defective, missing, or broken part), that's a great way to get yourself banned from the LEGO Store forever. 

1 hour ago, Keek said:

I yet did asked replacements for scratched windowed pieces with no problem as they were packed with other pieces.

For this set, the canopy is appart from the rest, so it seems harder to ask for a replacement.

Anyway, they’re fair play when you’re missing a part or have any defect, i wouldn’t abuse myself.

But if i had to go this way, i wouldn’t either say it on a forum. They will suspect something if too many people ask for a replacement canopy for this set..

Edited by Lfm55
Spelling

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner  @base_1 if anyone needs part 6059 I have one available. No price gouging just a fellow AFOL willing to help someone out. I live in the US so cost of shipping might be a bit of a problem for those overseas. I want to be sure it gets to someone who is already building!