Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

Happy to help, this is the best tool for putting together a MOC shopping list. It is not entirely self explanatory as you have to start with bricklink and the XML first. The instructions i used were in German though, hope that there are English ones as well. 

Have fun collecting for this amazing model. 

Looks like a nice tool, any version available for ipad?

I saw something with a similar name on the apple store but it looks quite different..

Don't know about that, just know that it is available as a plugin for browsers.

There is also a choice where one can pick an affiliate (designer and/or distributor of tool) when you filling your shopping cart and importing it to the lego website. they will get a tiny % from lego (not more expensive for oneself), so you actually support the designer (not me) as well, which is always nice. 

Ok, long time lurker but felt I had to contribute to this thread.

I am currently in the process of building this thing and for me it has simply confirmed my view of Jerac being a total and utter genius. I have built his TIE bomber and TIE fighter but this is simply on another level.

If I may add one or two pointers for those people currently getting the pieces together for construction. Firstly, don't get too hung up on getting the precise colours of brick as set out in the instructions. The model is incredibly grey - which made sense for Jerac's TIE models - but here, as it has already been pointed out, this is a ship that has undergone a lot of repair work and you would expect some variation in the bodywork colour. I have been switching in silver, sand blue and DBG for panel work, particularly round the engines. I would also seriously recommend ordering some silver 'ingot' and grill pieces to switch into the the engine work - this actually adds to the overall effect of the LBG somehow. Mind you, I perhaps would not go as far as switching all the bodywork to silver. 

Then again, the beauty of lego is the ability to adapt and tinker with models to your heart's content - this thing has certainly got plenty of scope for that. Enjoy it, it is a thing of beauty. Thanks Jerac.

It’s so good. I’m building your Tie/In now, might need to start this next! You killed it.

I echo all the above, finally finished building this beauty today! It really is mind blowing, and one of the more complex MOC's I have ever built. Many times I was thinking how is this going to work, and found myself thinking, "I would never come up with that solution"!

Jerac, your work is amazing, and now I have a Razorcrest that really goes with my other UCS and MOC's on display. Thank you!

I like the ideas with adding silver/chrome, but did not go crazy, those pieces just cost to much! But I did scatter some 1x2 chrome ingots, and replaced the 3x3 inverted radar dishes on the engines, and added 1x1 round chrome plates onto the 1x1 clips surrounding the engines. Not much, but it gave it some shine!

1 hour ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I echo all the above, finally finished building this beauty today! It really is mind blowing, and one of the more complex MOC's I have ever built. Many times I was thinking how is this going to work, and found myself thinking, "I would never come up with that solution"!

Jerac, your work is amazing, and now I have a Razorcrest that really goes with my other UCS and MOC's on display. Thank you!

I like the ideas with adding silver/chrome, but did not go crazy, those pieces just cost to much! But I did scatter some 1x2 chrome ingots, and replaced the 3x3 inverted radar dishes on the engines, and added 1x1 round chrome plates onto the 1x1 clips surrounding the engines. Not much, but it gave it some shine!

Get the camera out and Show her off! :)

2 hours ago, LDigital said:

Get the camera out and Show her off! :)

Yes, come on! 
Even if it is a little heavy to move :head_back:

On 3/31/2021 at 1:16 PM, ScottishDave said:

Looking great now - it would be fab to see the second engine done and some side/top shots of the full effect.

Its good to keep sharing ideas and changes so we can make those little tweaks and mods to what is an awesome model - so don't worry out flooding the forum - its all inspirational..  

Better late than never :innocent:

51131160183_1e2f20d3a5_c.jpg

51130271267_f95f0d8c08_c.jpg

51131159938_1707f8e83c_c.jpg

51131724264_41c44c7a3e_c.jpg

Edited by Lfm55
Quoted wrong..

19 minutes ago, Lfm55 said:

Yes, come on! 
Even if it is a little heavy to move :head_back:

Better late than never :innocent:

Looks great - the engine nozzles worked out very well - job well done there.

4 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

There are some decent flat silver pieces available at good prices, also the odd Pearl LG/DG can also be good on the eye.  Yes met silver is more pricey but you can find the odd seller with some decent fees - did not even look at chrome myself as they are crazy expensive.

On 4/17/2021 at 11:36 AM, misterbuk said:

. Mind you, I perhaps would not go as far as switching all the bodywork to silver

Then again, the beauty of lego is the ability to adapt and tinker with models to your heart's content - this thing has certainly got plenty of scope for that. Enjoy it, it is a thing of beauty. Thanks Jerac.

Spot on - and this great model supports being tinkered with and changed as we each want (given I did the shiny look thing....).  

Edited by Hold0511

Well I haven't finished mine - possibly because I have been fiddling around with colours too much!

Here you can see the use of old grey, sand blue, dark tan and swapping in DBG for LBG. 

Oh and replacing LBG grills and ingots with silver.

IMG_0580.jpeg

Edited by misterbuk
finding image

37 minutes ago, misterbuk said:

Well I haven't finished mine - possibly because I have been fiddling around with colours too much!

Here you can see the use of old grey, sand blue, dark tan and swapping in DBG for LBG. 

Oh and replacing LBG grills and ingots with silver.

Sweet - I love sand blue and it will work really well on this one.

I really like sand blue too.

At a moment i even planned to order some 1x1 plates for accent, then i saw the price :pir-murder:

Silver or chrome may even looks cheap in comparaison depending of the part..

41 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

Unless you have a spare X-wing 75218 to part out - 11 1x1 sand blue tiles in that plus a 1x2 tile....

I was more thinking plate than tiles,

the way the build is, it could be more useful.

And anyway, when 75218 released, i just modded a little my 9493 and then Jerac released his own.

So i ended with the later :)

But to go back on topic, a lot of muted color can work for an used look.

Sand blue, old grey light or dark, pearl gray, even some sand green ...

Can someone who build this ship release some pictures from the interior? Just some basic pics of the bed or the gun storage etc. 
Before Jerac released this ship I already collected 30% of the bricks for Papaglops Version, but I feel so unmotivated to go on with that since I saw this version which is clearly THE BEST!
Edited by AlonzoHarris88

Actually, there’s not that much to see inside.

It’s tiled, there’s lights and doors. When you’re building it, you’ll see the bed, not after.

If you want to play the « minifigs doll house «  go with pagaglop’s version, it’s modular and can be accessed easily. With this one, i can barely put the crates inside, my hands are too big..

But this is the best looking one!

11 hours ago, AlonzoHarris88 said:

Can someone who build this ship release some pictures from the interior? Just some basic pics of the bed or the gun storage etc. 
Before Jerac released this ship I already collected 30% of the bricks for Papaglops Version, but I feel so unmotivated to go on with that since I saw this version which is clearly THE BEST!

Echo Lfm55's comments.

If you go to the first post /page 1 of this thread you can see the pics Jerac posted of the inside, including the gun storage, the lighted interior etc. 

As Lfm55 replied there is not much else to see, and its tight proportions certainly mean I would also struggle to get my fingers inside.

If your going to open up hatches for a diorama then fine else I would suggest its best as a display model (which it is absolutely awesome as) rather than a playset.

Thanks guys :thumbup: It wasn't about playing with it. I just have fun building mocs, when there is an interior. It makes the building a lot more fun to me, eventhough you will never see these areas again.
I will still go with this one.

Ok I will be willing to concede that I may well have overdone the 'patchwork' on my model:

IMG_0588.jpeg.b7a253fe7bb201c0b480bf3b16426290.jpeg

It appears that my Luddism doesn't allow me to add any more pictures. Suffice to say I am happy - rather surprised to be honest - at how this modification turned out. My narrative has always been that the ship, at some point, has required extensive repair work on the starboard engine which has been carried out by less than reputable engineers

I'm 54. Lego does that to you. 

Edited by misterbuk
Luddism

@Jerac silly question,, but if my plan for this beautiful model is display purposes only, am I able to replace the tedious lighting bricks with 4x 2*3 brick plus 4x 2*3 plate?  If so, will any colour work?

thanks so much! happy to have bought into this beautiful MOC

8 minutes ago, gottabekd said:

@Jerac silly question,, but if my plan for this beautiful model is display purposes only, am I able to replace the tedious lighting bricks with 4x 2*3 brick plus 4x 2*3 plate?  If so, will any colour work?

thanks so much! happy to have bought into this beautiful MOC

In theory you can even completely omit them and then whatever is attached to them, attach on absolutely anything. The only function of these, aside from lightning, is a stop for some external plating to give it a little bit more rigidity, but will work without too.

On 3/28/2021 at 4:01 AM, Jerac said:

c0WYJ3t.png

Hey @Jerac, love this idea for the engine, wondering if you used Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 2 Inverted to connect the Tile, Round Corner 4 x 4 Macaroni Wide, and if so what is the bracket 1x2 connected to in the engine itself

Looks amazing and would love to convert mine

thanks

also any other advice for this adjust above would be greatly appreciated.  I do love the look of it