Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

On 3/27/2021 at 3:54 PM, ScottishDave said:

May I suggest a slight alternative?

Thanks again, This had actually lead me to make the blades using those parts instead of the radar dish.

I am pretty happy with the result, even if there’s still holes in my engine :)

I still have to make the second one so here’s a comparaison picture with the original design.

aPJMaJh.jpg

bz4k7Cc.jpg
Now I stop flooding this thread :p

Edited by Lfm55
Pics

1 hour ago, Lfm55 said:

Thanks again, This had actually lead me to make the blades using those parts instead of the radar dish.

I still have to make the second one so here’s a comparaison picture with the original design.

That looks great :wub:. The bars with clips look fantastic in there.

re: the holes, if you look at some good reference material, e.g.do a google search for the Hasbro Haslab Razor Crest model, there is a ring of vents right behind the engine opening. I bet your holes match up pretty well.

Edited by ScottishDave
can't spell

2 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

Looking great now - it would be fab to see the second engine done and some side/top shots of the full effect.

Its good to keep sharing ideas and changes so we can make those little tweaks and mods to what is an awesome model - so don't worry out flooding the forum - its all inspirational..  

20 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

Looking great now - it would be fab to see the second engine done and some side/top shots of the full effect.

Its good to keep sharing ideas and changes so we can make those little tweaks and mods to what is an awesome model - so don't worry out flooding the forum - its all inspirational..  

Second engine is done but before i can take proper pictures,

I’ll need to wait for a bnp order with the two rubber bands than hold the skis at the back :sceptic:

As soon as they come, i’ll do some side/top shots.

Thanks for the good words !

Try 1x2 curveds instead of cheese slopes? This might be all you need to close the gaps behind the cheeses now.

I am waiting for my met silver cheese wedges and parts for the internal blades to arrive before I start looking at revising the engine cone, but in the mean time I had swapped out the original clips for clips and curved slopes (as I had them in stock).  So I think Jerac your suggesting combining Lfm55's revised ring with them?

IMG_0757.jpg

32 minutes ago, Jerac said:

Try 1x2 curveds instead of cheese slopes? This might be all you need to close the gaps behind the cheeses now.

I tryed that solution before but i really like those metallic silver slope effect.

And as i built it there’s no more room for 1x2 curved slope, there’s something like a 2/3 of stud left behind the slopes.

If I hadn’t the metallic silver slope I would have used those however, there’s a solution around those curved parts i am pretty sure.

edit

@Hold0511

I think the cone now have to be shortened en widened to match the curved slope indeed.

Jerac posted some pictures of the cone rebuilt shorter, it could maybe work with the curved slopes.

Edited by Lfm55
Reply to Hold0511

4 minutes ago, Lfm55 said:

I tryed that solution before but i really like those metallic silver slope effect.

And as i built it there’s no more room for 1x2 curved slope, there’s something like a 2/3 of stud left behind the slopes.

If I hadn’t the metallic silver slope I would have used those however, there’s a solution around those curved parts i am pretty sure.

Ah so you think they would angle into the centre more in order to fit and hence then clash at the ends and not have enough room to all fit in?

I built the cone with the cheese slopes in mind, so yes it angle more to the center.

Its not dramatic, but i just prefer it to be a little larger than smaller, that’s just a matter of taste :)

I don’t think I have the best solution yet, better results are yet to come with those curved slopes i guess.

yUjRU5f.jpg

24PUzX7.jpg

29 minutes ago, Lfm55 said:

Its not dramatic, but i just prefer it to be a little larger than smaller, that’s just a matter of taste :)

Yup I think your spot on - its going to look to small and I think they would have to be reduced in number in order to fit and hence create more gaps in the sides.  For now I still prefer your cheese wedge solution.

Really loving this build! Stuck on step 479 as I realized one of my orders sent the wrong 4 minifigure horizontal arm bars, so now I am waiting for a 44 cent Bricklink order! 

Those are at the landing gear feet, right? You can safely continue and add them later.

22 minutes ago, Jerac said:

Those are at the landing gear feet, right? You can safely continue and add them later.

Your are correct! I am going to remove the one, and add them on later once the parts arrive! Guess my break it over!

Thanks Jerac!

11 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Really loving this build! Stuck on step 479 as I realized one of my orders sent the wrong 4 minifigure horizontal arm bars, so now I am waiting for a 44 cent Bricklink order! 

Encountered exactly the same problem. 
I ended using parts in black from a marvel vilain minifig i don’t care about :) 

Now i am still just waiting for two rubber parts from lego brick and pieces to end the back of the engines.

Hopefully at the end of the month..

59 minutes ago, Sclrouche said:

Je vais débuter la commande des pièces bientôt des conseils ? Quel site en europe ? Merci

one for Lfm55 being a fellow of the same country.

11 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

Edited by Hold0511

Most of the parts are pretty common, except the canopy and the carbonite bricks, you shouldn’t have to much trouble.

But as i was trying to check for the parts of the build in some of my favorites bricklink shops, i can see the price has increased. Not that much but it would need 16 orders on bricklink for about 410€ without postage. (Without canopy, carbonite and stand, all in Belgium)

I would recommend first check all the price between brick n pieces and bricklink.

Order all what you can on brick n pieces when its cheaper or about the same price as the postage in Belgium is only 1,80 €. Just remember delays are 5 to 7 weeks.

Good luck on your hunt!

AMAZING BUILD  I can see the hours and days of design that went into this build, You can put this build on LEGO IDEAS and it is for sure going to get 10K and even if it does not get approved you will get 500$ worth of LEGO sets that are available on LEGO.com your choice. @Ashnflash made a video about it

On 3/19/2021 at 6:35 AM, Hold0511 said:

As a fellow UK'er, I found back in Feb a number of parts cheaper on BnP than BL.  Including;

Ingot - price and volume in LBG

Plate 1/3 with 2 knobs - price and volume in LBG

Bow 2 x4 - price and volume in LBG

Plate 1x2 rounded no 1 - - price and volume in Black

Roof tile lattice - - price and volume in LBG

Roof tile 1x2x3 74deg inverted - price and volume in LBG

Left and right plate 2x2 27 deg - price and volume in LBG (needing matching number of course)

Brick with bow 1/3 - price and volume in LBG

Plate with bow 2x4x2/3 - price and volume in LBG

Brick 1x2x1 with 4 knows - price and volume in LBG

Needing them in volume tended to mean buying new from BL which seemed to be the the tipping point on price.  Few people had enough old stock as I decided to limit myself to UK sellers given the shipping issues with the EU.

(PS - just let me know if you want the BnP part reference number for any of the above save you looking).

I just got the instructions on this and am trying to price it all up.  please could you dm me the references so I can factor this in? Thanks

9 hours ago, LDigital said:

I just got the instructions on this and am trying to price it all up.  please could you dm me the references so I can factor this in? Thanks

Sure I've fired over the SKU numbers to you.

Brickhunter plugin for chrome, is a life saver in this project! 

Does it all automatically with B&P PaB and BL

Edited by neroart

4 hours ago, neroart said:

Brickhunter plugin for chrome, is a life saver in this project! 

Does it all automatically with B&P PaB and BL

OMG, so much saved time.  I cant believe I am only now finding out about this!

time and money... lots of both actually. there are good instructions online on how to use it. 

Edited by neroart