Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

So I finally managed to get around to upload the list of parts to my BrickLink so I can start ordering the parts. 

I have a Windows 10 pc, and had an issue with regards to the xml part list (including the 75292 parts) not being a straight forward copy/paste into BrickLink. But rather, when I copy/pasted it, it added a space between every line of text, added some random 'format' text right at the top, and also added a hyphen at the start of nearly every 9th line of text with an extra second space between the following 10th line of text. 

This forced me to have to go through each line of text and delete the hyphens and deleted the extra spacing just in case that also caused the problem (error came up saying 'incorrect format in prologue'). Once I did this, the parts list was successful. 

Clicked my way through a few potential 'buy all' stores... It flabberghasts me how some stores make any sales given their massively increased pricing! One store would have been £1700 for 350 lots!! 

I've noticed these stores as expensive before, so who on earth is buying from them for them to keep their prices sooooo high? 

Anyhoos, will likely get my pieces from UK only sellers due to increasing shopping costs (shame but oh well) and will start the ordering process later today. Really looking forward to it! 

Oh god. :D

Ask me first, I'd save it for you in a txt format!
As for those stores, yeah. This sucks. They can do this because a great deal of people simply don't know what is an average price for lego pieces, and so they fell prey of those people. I recommend banning (go to store page -> favorites -> mark as disliked) them, so they do not pollute your search result. There are not really that many, I have about 10 banned in europe and that's all you need to get your prices back to manageable levels.

10 hours ago, Jerac said:

Oh god. :D

Ask me first, I'd save it for you in a txt format!
As for those stores, yeah. This sucks. They can do this because a great deal of people simply don't know what is an average price for lego pieces, and so they fell prey of those people. I recommend banning (go to store page -> favorites -> mark as disliked) them, so they do not pollute your search result. There are not really that many, I have about 10 banned in europe and that's all you need to get your prices back to manageable levels.

Haha it's ok, you already have done enough in providing the perfect version of the Razorcrest!
I do however have V81 and not the latest, but received no email with the updated version.
I shall add those BL shops to my block list! Thanks :)

7 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Haha it's ok, you already have done enough in providing the perfect version of the Razorcrest!
I do however have V81 and not the latest, but received no email with the updated version.
I shall add those BL shops to my block list! Thanks :)

Nor me but if you retry the download link you should get v84.

1 hour ago, Clone Trooper Denal said:

Did you use decal paper for the stand?

I bought the sticker on ultimatecollectorstickers

3 hours ago, Naixin said:

I bought the sticker on ultimatecollectorstickers

I’m not that much into plates for ucs but if i was, i would have asked them to make a version for Jerac’s moc.

The background picture used is pagaglop’s version :p

Edited by Lfm55
Typo

23 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

So I finally managed to get around to upload the list of parts to my BrickLink so I can start ordering the parts. 

I have a Windows 10 pc, and had an issue with regards to the xml part list (including the 75292 parts) not being a straight forward copy/paste into BrickLink. But rather, when I copy/pasted it, it added a space between every line of text, added some random 'format' text right at the top, and also added a hyphen at the start of nearly every 9th line of text with an extra second space between the following 10th line of text. 

This forced me to have to go through each line of text and delete the hyphens and deleted the extra spacing just in case that also caused the problem (error came up saying 'incorrect format in prologue'). Once I did this, the parts list was successful. 

Clicked my way through a few potential 'buy all' stores... It flabberghasts me how some stores make any sales given their massively increased pricing! One store would have been £1700 for 350 lots!! 

I've noticed these stores as expensive before, so who on earth is buying from them for them to keep their prices sooooo high? 

Anyhoos, will likely get my pieces from UK only sellers due to increasing shopping costs (shame but oh well) and will start the ordering process later today. Really looking forward to it! 

Im in the same boat, 8 Bricklink orders, and one Pick a Brick (which is going to take forever!) Using the parts from 75292 and not building the stand to try and help costs, but still cost me $600. Had to scour many a stores to get it to that level.

Now the waiting......... 

3 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Im in the same boat, 8 Bricklink orders, and one Pick a Brick (which is going to take forever!) Using the parts from 75292 and not building the stand to try and help costs, but still cost me $600. Had to scour many a stores to get it to that level.

Now the waiting......... 

If you don't mind me asking, what pieces did you order from PaB? Were they that much cheaper than BL? 

1 minute ago, Fuppylodders said:

If you don't mind me asking, what pieces did you order from PaB? Were they that much cheaper than BL? 

Some are, every bit counts, and some are worse. I mainly compared  the light blue gray plates, bricks, and alot of high volume number parts that I wanted to be new for sure. And then compared those to some of the better deals on BL. Ended up getting about 95 elements for a little more than a third of my total cost. I think I hit a max, as eventually it stopped letting me add, so I ordered what I had at the time.

The waiting is brutal though. They were backordered, now in the warehouse at least, but will be weeks before I see them for sure. But I did get free shipping, and a gwp. :)

17 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

As a fellow UK'er, I found back in Feb a number of parts cheaper on BnP than BL.  Including;

Ingot - price and volume in LBG

Plate 1/3 with 2 knobs - price and volume in LBG

Bow 2 x4 - price and volume in LBG

Plate 1x2 rounded no 1 - - price and volume in Black

Roof tile lattice - - price and volume in LBG

Roof tile 1x2x3 74deg inverted - price and volume in LBG

Left and right plate 2x2 27 deg - price and volume in LBG (needing matching number of course)

Brick with bow 1/3 - price and volume in LBG

Plate with bow 2x4x2/3 - price and volume in LBG

Brick 1x2x1 with 4 knows - price and volume in LBG

Needing them in volume tended to mean buying new from BL which seemed to be the the tipping point on price.  Few people had enough old stock as I decided to limit myself to UK sellers given the shipping issues with the EU.

(PS - just let me know if you want the BnP part reference number for any of the above save you looking).

Edited by Hold0511
Add BnP part text

14 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Some are, every bit counts, and some are worse. I mainly compared  the light blue gray plates, bricks, and alot of high volume number parts that I wanted to be new for sure. And then compared those to some of the better deals on BL. Ended up getting about 95 elements for a little more than a third of my total cost. I think I hit a max, as eventually it stopped letting me add, so I ordered what I had at the time.

The waiting is brutal though. They were backordered, now in the warehouse at least, but will be weeks before I see them for sure. But I did get free shipping, and a gwp. :)

Ahh. That makes sense. Appreciated! 

13 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

As a fellow UK'er, I found back in Feb a number of parts cheaper on BnP than BL.  Including;

Ingot - price and volume in LBG

Plate 1/3 with 2 knobs - price and volume in LBG

Bow 2 x4 - price and volume in LBG

Plate 1x2 rounded no 1 - - price and volume in Black

Roof tile lattice - - price and volume in LBG

Roof tile 1x2x3 74deg inverted - price and volume in LBG

Left and right plate 2x2 27 deg - price and volume in LBG (needing matching number of course)

Brick with bow 1/3 - price and volume in LBG

Plate with bow 2x4x2/3 - price and volume in LBG

Brick 1x2x1 with 4 knows - price and volume in LBG

Needing them in volume tended to mean buying new from BL which seemed to be the the tipping point on price.  Few people had enough old stock as I decided to limit myself to UK sellers given the shipping issues with the EU.

Excellent, thank you :)

On another note, back in mid Feb I'd managed to place a backorder with TLG for the 75292 which said 9th of March was when they'd be available. 

13th March I get an email stating my payment authorisation had expired and I had to contact them to update/renew it. They only take payment when they are ready to ship the item (so they've said many times) so they must have had one ready. But.... I contact them to update payment yesterday as it kept slipping my mind due to a busy past week, and they said it'd be back in stock to ship by the 26th March, which means if I did have one assigned to me, it got sent on to someone else... So the waiting starts again :(

Meanwhile on the 3rd Feb, I'd placed a backorder for one for my gf's birthday on amazon. 24th Feb I received it no problems.... :def_shrug:

Edited by Fuppylodders

1 minute ago, Fuppylodders said:

On another note, back in mid Feb I'd managed to place a backorder for the 75292 which said 9th of March was when they'd be available. 

13th March I get an email stating my payment authorisation had expired and I had to contact them to update/renew it. They only take payment when they are ready to ship the item (so they've said many times) so they must have had one ready. But.... I contact them to update payment yesterday as it kept slipping my mind due to a busy past week, and they said it'd be back in stock to ship by the 26th March, which means if I did have one assigned to me, it got sent on to someone else... So the waiting starts again :(

That's pants - I keep forgetting about that whenever I use paypal (I did it when the RZ first came out to pre-order last year so although I got my order in on the first day I had to wait a couple of weeks post it being actually released as my paypal payment authority expired...). 

I'm a third of the way through the build of Jerac's so my 75292 is now a carcass of parts like its been hit by a batch of angry Jawas..... 

8 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

On another note, back in mid Feb I'd managed to place a backorder with TLG for the 75292 which said 9th of March was when they'd be available. 

Meanwhile on the 3rd Feb, I'd placed a backorder for one for my gf's birthday on amazon. 24th Feb I received it no problems.... :def_shrug:

Yeah I have had that happen alot! It usually happens if you pay by paypal or another similar service in advance, they can only hold it for so long. I have had to call on several pre-ordered items to switch to a credit card to complete the purchase.

2 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

I'm a third of the way through the build of Jerac's so my 75292 is now a carcass of parts like its been hit by a batch of angry Jawas..... 

Haha so it's still technically accurate to the source material even with bits missing :snicker:

Soon as I finish work, I'll be placing my first orders. Looking forward to building this one! 

Work, wife, kid, even the cat!

Lot of interruptions too, but i reached a step around 1200 and the hull is taking shape nicely!

9 hours ago, ScottishDave said:

It took me weeks to build it: but I went slowly and savoured the process. Enjoy!

That's wise advice sir.  I've done the base already as I had those parts in so actually hitting step 520 means I've about a third done.  Not trying to blitz it just do a few steps each time.  I did spend a some time playing with the light bricks I admit...

Edited by Hold0511
cant spell.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:19 PM, Jerac said:

As for the doors, well, I can't see anything wrong there either. If more people will report issues with that I'll just remove them. This is a non-critical detail.

Instead of photobucket try imgur; works like a charm for me and you can just ctrl+v a a link and it will automatically embed here. 

I had the same kind of trouble, the doors seems to always take a little angle, they never stay right or they just pop off.

Like if the anti stud was not a perfect circle, however pieces are new.

i just removed them so, it’s not a big deal.

On 3/18/2021 at 2:39 PM, Fuppylodders said:

If you want to reduce some cost, i did the following.  So far 60% built, and it looks ok.  
- The body is mainly constructed by plates in various size and 1x4 modified bricks, in black/tan/brown.  So, all these parts can be replaced by any colours that you have.  They are hardly seen outside.
- Interior is mainly dbg tiles, and exterior is mainly lbg and very little tan colour.  If you don't need interior, you can replace most of the parts with any colour, and ignore those dbg tiles.  If you need interior, you need to have dbg tiles. 
- The engine is partly constructed 88930 slope.  You can replaced with 15068 x 2 with some random plates, if you find hard to find the slope.
- The body is not modular, it is not possible to open up to admire.  So the body interior is not important, unless you choose to install the light.  Those inverted tiles can cut at least half quantity. 
- The lbg inverted tile is located at the bottom of the ship.  They are not easily seen and can be added easily in future.  I think can ignore them at the moment, until the part get more common and cheaper.
- If you do not need the stand, can ignore quite a lot of parts.
- If you have your spare parts sorted, you can build them according to your available plates.  The body is constructed by mixed of 20+ level of stacked plates/ modified bricks.  I think it can be replaced by any size of plates that you have, and it will still be very solid.

By doing these, I can salvage about 90% of the parts from my spares.  It took me less than $100 to collect the remaining (assuming you have the cockpit).

Parts that are important are
- lbg slopes 50950, 15068, 93606
- lbg tiles in different size, 22385, 27263
- cockpit, parts from the rear engine.
- lbg hose