Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

4 hours ago, wargrider said:

Just received my last pacakge, all the parts are here so I can start the build!

Great stuff - hope it goes well - please share pics when your done.  

Sadly I'm still seeing the BnP "At warehouse" for my final order....then probably about 6 weeks for it to arrive....hey ho.

Still its great to see other builds and see if anyone comes up with little amends here and there.

6 hours ago, wargrider said:

Just received my last pacakge, all the parts are here so I can start the build!

So do I!

Only two bricklink sellers have failed and i’ve made a final order for less than 2€ ,

but i can start yet as soon as i manage to find some free time.

1 hour ago, Hold0511 said:

Great stuff - hope it goes well - please share pics when your done.  

Sadly I'm still seeing the BnP "At warehouse" for my final order....then probably about 6 weeks for it to arrive....hey ho.

Still its great to see other builds and see if anyone comes up with little amends here and there.

My Bnp order left warehouse status after exactly 4 weeks and took 2 more days to come, keep hope ;)

And yes it is inspiring to see some mods yet!

11 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

So do I!

Only two bricklink sellers have failed and i’ve made a final order for less than 2€ ,

but i can start yet as soon as i manage to find some free time.

My Bnp order left warehouse status after exactly 4 weeks and took 2 more days to come, keep hope ;)

And yes it is inspiring to see some mods yet!

Sadly being in the UK its taking a lot longer than usual to come over from the European mainland.  The last BnP order was 6 weeks from leaving the warehouse to arriving.  This is the Lego header that appears "Bricks & Pieces purchases are taking about 5-7 weeks to be delivered. We’ll send you an email once your order is on its way!"

Edited by Hold0511
Typo

I saw the same header when i made my order but still.

It’s such a shame Lego’s delays are so long when i received my last bricklink order in less than 24h after i made it..

7 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

I saw the same header when i made my order but still.

It’s such a shame Lego’s delays are so long when i received my last bricklink order in less than 24h after i made it..

Yup - pure coincidence Lego emailed me last night to say as my order was placed back in Feb the paypal approval had expired.   So having paid over the phone Customer Service confirmed the order would be shipped today but coming over to the UK was typically c6 weeks to hitting my doorstep.  Yes my BL orders are similar, usually a 1 to 2 day turnaround, but using UK based BL sellers was about 2.5 times the cost of BnP for the last batch of c250 parts plus being spread across 4+ BL sellers it would be 4 lots of p&p.

Hey ho something to look forward to in May and in the meantime I will keep enjoying looking at others builds....

accidentally purchased 2x canopies for this gorgeous MOC

if anyone is looking for the canopy and doesn't want to pay $55 USD, shoot me a message.  I just want to recoup my cost

can only ship to NA due to current pandemic climate.

thanks,

Has anyone tried to redesign the stand? Maybe it’s my pieces but one of the connections keep coming loose, causing the crest to tilt forward.

3 hours ago, Naixin said:

Has anyone tried to redesign the stand? Maybe it’s my pieces but one of the connections keep coming loose, causing the crest to tilt forward.

Did you use the v84?

I know you build it quickly, there’s an update on the front gear.

If you’re talking about the big black stand for the ship flying, i didn’t planned to build it so i can’t help.

4 hours ago, Naixin said:

what exactly is the problem? The stand should be pretty much completely solid.

For those have have built this, or the master Jerac himself. Is there a difference in using the thicker 28974 part, versus the thinner 42446? I am hoping the 42446 works because it is the last pieces I need, and 28974 is nowhere to be found!

1 hour ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

For those have have built this, or the master Jerac himself. Is there a difference in using the thicker 28974 part, versus the thinner 42446? I am hoping the 42446 works because it is the last pieces I need, and 28974 is nowhere to be found!

I used 42446 without any problems.

My v81 instructions say to use 42446.

On 3/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, Jerac said:

what exactly is the problem? The stand should be pretty much completely solid.

The stand is solid, however whenever I try to display it, the model tilts forward due to how forward heavy it is relative to where the model sits on the stand. I think the hinge piece always disconnect from the bottom portion of the stand and thus the model tilts.

4 hours ago, Naixin said:

The stand is solid, however whenever I try to display it, the model tilts forward due to how forward heavy it is relative to where the model sits on the stand. I think the hinge piece always disconnect from the bottom portion of the stand and thus the model tilts.

The hinge there is not meant to keep the stand upright, it is the 1x2-1x2 bracket's role. The hinge is just for preventing sideways motion.
Could you please take few photos of the stand?

5 hours ago, Jerac said:

The hinge there is not meant to keep the stand upright, it is the 1x2-1x2 bracket's role. The hinge is just for preventing sideways motion.
Could you please take few photos of the stand?

I’m re-ordering the stand pieces with brand new bricks and I’ll let you know. I meant the bracket. The bracket always disconnects from the 1x2 plate on the bottom so it causes the stand to tilt forward.

21 minutes ago, Naixin said:

I’m re-ordering the stand pieces with brand new bricks and I’ll let you know. I meant the bracket. The bracket always disconnects from the 1x2 plate on the bottom so it causes the stand to tilt forward.

Hmm. Please take a photo of your stand.

lIQRXLP.png

There is no way parts quality can have any effect on the bracket, since it is very securely attached on both ends. You can completely ignore the hinge brick and not have it and it should still work.

c1FRAVs.png

The front part of the vertical section should rest on the bracket's part under the studs. They are a little bit cut in here, but in reality this fits well enough.

3 hours ago, Jerac said:

Hmm. Please take a photo of your stand.

lIQRXLP.png

There is no way parts quality can have any effect on the bracket, since it is very securely attached on both ends. You can completely ignore the hinge brick and not have it and it should still work.

c1FRAVs.png

The front part of the vertical section should rest on the bracket's part under the studs. They are a little bit cut in here, but in reality this fits well enough.

I think the 2x4 part of the hinge that attaches to the 1x2 bracket is much better attacked to the upper portion of the stand then the 1x2 bracket is to the 1x2 plate in the base.

1. This is the piece im talking about: its not a strongly attached as the piece below 9Z4xHli.png

2. blue circle is very well attachedZe7CNvp.png

3. so when there is forward force, it pushes the stand this way -->

BT2x3mE.png

4. Thus this part detaches (blue circle, 1x2 bracket from 1x2 plate) in the direction of blue arrow

Edxnee8.png

Hope this makes it slightly more understandable.

Edited by Naixin

I didn't really have this problem. If the hinge is causing problems, you can safely get rid of it, altough the foot will flop around a bit.

I pushed strong enough forward and downward that this happened:

ELqnF3q.jpg

And still, both bracket and the hinge kept their place:
sTQSqga.jpg

One thing you can try is to use bigger 1x2-2x2 bracket (move it one plate forward though), then it would be way more stable - but also raised a bit more, which I did not like.

Edited by Jerac

Isn’t there any space to put a 4 studs lenght axel just after the faulty hinge? (Step 1512)
 I don’t get how its getting out of place this way but it should prevent it.

Edited by Lfm55

You could but it wouldn't help. I tried few things and IF there are forces applied there, nothing really works since they can get quite big. That said I did not try an axle connector.
I'll wait till more people have issues with that; maybe indeed some piece is faulty?

In the meanwhile, i still haven’t finished it but my 4 years old yet want to mod it.

(i put it under spoiler tag as i don’t know how to reduce embedded size with imgur)

Spoiler

LzlbJfr.jpg

You forgot a crane for the spaceship Jerac! 

19 hours ago, Jerac said:

One thing you can try is to use bigger 1x2-2x2 bracket (move it one plate forward though), then it would be way more stable - but also raised a bit more, which I did not like.

I was having similar issues. This fixed it for me.

2 hours ago, ScottishDave said:

I was having similar issues. This fixed it for me.

Can you show me what you did?

1 hour ago, Naixin said:

Can you show me what you did?

Use part 44728 ?

Edited by Lfm55
Misunderstood