Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

57 minutes ago, Naixin said:

Done!!!! Amazing build!

Awesome - looking great.  Any tips or lessons learned to share Naixin?

I'm waiting for the Lego B&P order to come over to the UK then I am 100% complete on the parts gathering (had about 3000 in, BL'd 1500 and then 500 from B&P) so about 6 weeks away given current delivery timescales. 

3 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

Awesome - looking great.  Any tips or lessons learned to share Naixin?

I'm waiting for the Lego B&P order to come over to the UK then I am 100% complete on the parts gathering (had about 3000 in, BL'd 1500 and then 500 from B&P) so about 6 weeks away given current delivery timescales. 

It’s hard to build at parts so be patient! Build it while sipping on a nice glass of whisky.

4 hours ago, Naixin said:

Done!!!! Amazing build!

151139882_10201487078151443_1705423365329169708_n.jpg

yooo bro... no hate... but fuckin clean ur table!:D thats disgusting XD

7 hours ago, Naixin said:

It’s hard to build at parts so be patient! Build it while sipping on a nice glass of whisky.

Excellent...glancing through the instructions there does seem to be the odd moment I can foresee of getting frustrated but good to know its worth it.  Thanks

On 2/19/2021 at 6:51 PM, Naixin said:

Done!!!! Amazing build!

151139882_10201487078151443_1705423365329169708_n.jpg

Looks awesome. Where did you get the sticker for the plaque from? Will start building mine soon. Last needed parts should arrive within the next 2-3 days.

I see that there are 7 canopies for sale on BL and the cheapest is $50 USD

does anyone suspect that this price will drop now that the RC is back in stock on Amazon? :|

16 hours ago, gottabekd said:

I see that there are 7 canopies for sale on BL and the cheapest is $50 USD

does anyone suspect that this price will drop now that the RC is back in stock on Amazon? :|

I do not think so. The popularity of Jerac‘s amazing Razor Crest MOC will probably increase in the coming weeks/months. Hence, prices might increase even more. As long as the canopy is only included in one official LEGO set, prices will stay high. Especially when the part in question is also an integral part of the original set.

Edited by Mace Handowan

This looks incredible. I only recently started watching the show. This is jaw dropping. I don't think I can justify the price on building it, but certainly this is a gem to have on your shelf (or swooshing around). 

Maybe I'll modify it to copy one of the versions where it is in rough shape so pieces could be missing :wink: to save money..

Either way, be proud of your creation. I will keep coming back to stare at it.

outside of the canopy price, does anyone have a recent estimate on costs for parts.  The set is gorgeous but don't want to bite off more than I can chew on costs.  And with a $56 CAD instruction and $70 CAD canopy, just curious about the remainder.  Interested in NA sellers only, rough estimate, from anyone who currently has purchased the parts list.  Greatly appreciated

12 minutes ago, gottabekd said:

outside of the canopy price, does anyone have a recent estimate on costs for parts.  The set is gorgeous but don't want to bite off more than I can chew on costs.  And with a $56 CAD instruction and $70 CAD canopy, just curious about the remainder.  Interested in NA sellers only, rough estimate, from anyone who currently has purchased the parts list.  Greatly appreciated

Just made a short check with my Wanted list. Only buying from USA sellers, you are looking at about $870 CAD without shipping. Canopy is not included in that price. Hope that helps.

11 minutes ago, Mace Handowan said:

Just made a short check with my Wanted list. Only buying from USA sellers, you are looking at about $870 CAD without shipping. Canopy is not included in that price. Hope that helps.

Sorry did the same but slower...losing the two carbonite bricks could knock of about $40 but its still going to be around $830/850 plus P&P..  Using Lego B&P for some of the high volume pieces may prove cheaper than BL (its always worth checking but I find it amazing sometimes how cheaper Lego B&P can be) and you only get the one P&P cost but I think at best it might reduce you by a $100 or so (I did the same in £ in the UK).

I could only afford it as I had about 3000 pieces in my stash and my lego RZ that I was prepared to throw into the build.

22 minutes ago, Naixin said:

Some size comparisons.

Excellent very helpful to see - going to need to clear some space for this once its done.

Bonsoir, fantastique .... avez vous des tuyaux pour commander les pièces en europe ? Et quel est le numéro de pièce de la verrière de substitution vue dans un commentaire ? Merci et encore bravo 

4 minutes ago, Sclrouche said:

Bonsoir, fantastique .... avez vous des tuyaux pour commander les pièces en europe ? Et quel est le numéro de pièce de la verrière de substitution vue dans un commentaire ? Merci et encore bravo 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6059#T=P&C=12

Celle-ci je crois, mais c’est encore plus cher! Sinon dans les instructions il y a une solution brick-buildt.

(this one, but even more expensive)

hello, for those who have already built this great piece, are the pieces easy to find in Europe? Thanks, have a good day.

6 minutes ago, Sclrouche said:

hello, for those who have already built this great piece, are the pieces easy to find in Europe? Thanks, have a good day.

Except the canopy and the carbonite bricks, i can’t see any rare or expensive pieces.

You shouldn’t have any trouble to find them, its a lot of common parts.

Done! What a thing of beauty. Amazing build and model. Thanks to Jerac for bringing this to us.

Two questions though:

1.) Is the lighting system supposed to stay on when pushed in? As of now, this is not the case. Also one of the rear lights does not fully light up when pushed in. Strongly depends on the „angle“ when pushing. Was not the case when installing this and checking throughout the build. Any ideas?

2.) How do you connect the doors to the fold-out ramps? Mine will not stay in place. Tolerance issues with the parts?

D5C70A1B-33F2-4FA1-BB92-F08DC69E3689.jpeg

697F9B82-6FDC-4140-806A-2BB4A1724735.jpeg

C0CD0941-DE34-494F-801A-2285F32E61D6.jpeg

Edited by Mace Handowan

Looking good! 
So glad you like it.

You can fold the 1x1 tiles on the turbines' fronts way more inside, the edge will be nicier. Something like here:

8jJzBf4.png