Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

13 minutes ago, Jerac said:

I am seeing 2k PLN for EU and 2.5k for NA market.

4PLN is roughtly 1$.

Those are my settings (shows "anywhere" but would be same for european union):
gMNdo1M.png

...and that's NA:
HP1npsz.png

I advise you to mark most expensive stores as "disliked", this alone can bring prices down significantly.

I had the disliked stores on there but had it on USA only. Changed to North America and got $597. Canada for win! Lol anywhere for some reason gave me ~$800. 

Thanks again for the quick response! You jus saved me from my wife killing me. 😂 

14 minutes ago, Zer0100ne said:

I had the disliked stores on there but had it on USA only. Changed to North America and got $597. Canada for win! Lol anywhere for some reason gave me ~$800. 

Thanks again for the quick response! You jus saved me from my wife killing me. 😂 

No problem!

There's no getting around the fact the prices are going to rise and one day $1k might be the "cheap option"... of all the things, this one is not my fault tho! :D

2 minutes ago, Jerac said:

No problem!

There's no getting around the fact the prices are going to rise and one day $1k might be the "cheap option"... of all the things, this one is not my fault tho! :D

You're not wrong! Lol This moc is hands down the best Razor Crest to date. It'll be worth it in the end. :)

4 minutes ago, blackman88 said:

If I dont care about interior, is it colour other than LBG can be substituted by any colour?  Stand excluded as well.

It is already optimized towards affordable guts:

CPbCRVL.png

You can take it a bit further but I doubt gain would be more than 10% of total price at this point. Interior furnishing is very sparse so you can at best save some tiles (and only some because this has some tiles as structural components :D)

I have found through my spare parts and ordered about 70% of the parts, and i think it should cost me around 450€ in total.

But as i have ordered on brick and pieces it will take some time, so i will let my wallet have some rest.

Quick question, there’s an old hinge part with two fingers, 4276.

Is it visible once the panel on the front side is mounted?

I have those in red..

Yes. Very much.

08RZF9f.png

It is just under the round brick.

That said, you can use a standard 1x2 plate instead and there will be a hole there, but not a big one. 

Just purchased pieces! Hey @Jerac; do you have any pictures of this next to the UCS Slave 1 or Falcon? Want to see how It compares to other minifigure sized bigger ships.

14 hours ago, Jerac said:

Yes. Very much.

08RZF9f.png

It is just under the round brick.

That said, you can use a standard 1x2 plate instead and there will be a hole there, but not a big one. 

Allright, thanks for the info!

That part isn’t expensive but not that common in my seller list.

edit :

finally it will be black, i found some and it should do it.

I don’t mind some colour substitution, the razor crest isn’t that clean after all.

And for those worried about the price, even if the website is awful, some pieces have great price on b&p.

Just have to wait a couple of weeks unfortunately -_-

Edited by Lfm55
Add

On 12/27/2020 at 8:33 PM, l0renZo said:

I looked on bricklink for the canopy out of curiosity. And I only saw 2 available! But I imagine that in time there will be more.

Looks like prices are skyrocketing since the release of the instructions.

Glad i secured mine before that :p

9 minutes ago, Lfm55 said:

Looks like prices are skyrocketing since the release of the instructions.

Glad i secured mine before that :p

Likewise!

I just went to see and indeed the prices have doubled. And yet, there was another batch of Razor Crest available not too long ago. But when a part as unique as this is only available in one set, it' not surprising.

May I know how’s the light bricks work?  Seem that it needs 4.  They will light up together or have to individually pressed?  

6 hours ago, blackman88 said:

May I know how’s the light bricks work?  Seem that it needs 4.  They will light up together or have to individually pressed?  

2 Technic pieces will light two light bricks each from what i see on the instructions.

There’s a step with notice to test the light before continue further.

Edited by Lfm55

On 2/5/2021 at 2:04 AM, Naixin said:

Just purchased pieces! Hey @Jerac; do you have any pictures of this next to the UCS Slave 1 or Falcon? Want to see how It compares to other minifigure sized bigger ships.

No, sorry. I don't have space to keep large MOCs or sets assembled. Plus the Slave1 had so many cool pieces it didn't end up assembled for long :D

6 hours ago, blackman88 said:

There are two sliding levers, each activating a pair of lights. 

50cgIiG.png

The red ends are exposed in the cargo hold and can be pushed and pulled to turn the lights on and off.

And yeah, definitely do test the lights before installing. They can be removed for service but it is a pain. Better to ensure they work perfectly during the build.

Edited by Jerac

Where exactly do I obtain these instructions? 

While I'm swamped with lego and have no space anywhere.... This set simply prioritises itself over any life issues I may be facing :laugh:

Except that canopy... I may have to make do with a plain clear non-printed version... Can't justify spending 1/3rd the price of the original set on a single piece included in that set... 

*edit 

Oh crap... Even the shape is unique to that set... :(

I'll just have the atmospheric open cockpit version instead :laugh:

Edited by Fuppylodders

32 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Where exactly do I obtain these instructions? 

While I'm swamped with lego and have no space anywhere.... This set simply prioritises itself over any life issues I may be facing :laugh:

Except that canopy... I may have to make do with a plain clear non-printed version... Can't justify spending 1/3rd the price of the original set on a single piece included in that set... 

*edit 

Oh crap... Even the shape is unique to that set... :(

I'll just have the atmospheric open cockpit version instead :laugh:

1st post contain the brick vault link.

It also include a black brick build version of the canopy with part list.

5 minutes ago, Lfm55 said:

1st post contain the brick vault link.

It also include a black brick build version of the canopy with part list.

Of course, the first page :facepalm: it's been a while since I first saw this thread and only check the latest posts so forgot it was there :look:

Interesting regarding the brick built canopy though! 

Gone ahead and got the instructions! 

I think I'll contemplate life for a month before I go ahead and buy the parts for this while having nowhere to put it :laugh:

Edited by Fuppylodders

Looks amazing, will def order at some point.

Regarding the canopy, if I can’t get my hands on it I do have 2 clear 6059’s that I bought for papaglops version... they are two 3x3x6 pieces and the RC canopy is a single 3x6x6 - so should work? Thoughts?

Thanks

Hmm. It won't work seamlessly:

3UPHwmr.png
The pieces you have are on the top, original is at the bottom. I marked the connection piece to the ship with pink. 

You can do this:
SC3khcE.png

But it will make the cockpit piece to slightly protrude :
J3png5j.png

You could, I guess, fix it by putting a layer of plates here:

ryP34Gr.png

The nose will be slightly too long but should be nice enough.

A much more advanced option would be shortening the section behind the cockpit by one of the 1x3 arches, but I'd need to ponder about this for a while since it is not a trival extension/removal anymore. 

Edited by Jerac

Jerac thanks so much for looking into this for me... as I have these pieces and they are a work around it would make sense for me to use them instead of shelling out £35-£40 on a RC one.

Thanks again

On 1/18/2021 at 1:34 AM, cehnot said:

Based on the design and internal structure, does this ship have the ability to be modified to accomidate room behind the cockpit with a ladder going down to the area?

Not a huge deal, but I did purchase the canopy now that LEGO restocked the set and a bricklink seller had it for $8. 

I was thinking exactly the same.
I will find a way to modify the room behind into this ship, even though it won't be easy.
The stability will be sacrified for this. Most of the time we see the interior of this ship in the series, so it's kind of sad Jerac did not put the feature in it, nevertheless this is one of the, if not the best looking moc I have ever seen.
Will take the average person at least a few seconds to see that this is made out of Lego.

From where do you got the information that there will be the Marshal Banana falcon instractions soon?

Best regards from Germany

Ahhh didn't know that canopy comes in 2 halves (well, nearly as the same). 

I think my current preference would be to add that thin line of plates as the additional length is minimal and not really noticeable. For someone who doesn't have the canopy, I'd say an excellent compromise. 

I think I'll order those 2 pieces now before those too, double in price at this concept :laugh:

Uh... Crikey... Buying 2 of them in trans clear is almost as expensive as the single canopy piece :look: if bought from my country, then already exceeding it too... 

Edited by Fuppylodders

1 hour ago, AlonzoHarris88 said:

I was thinking exactly the same.
I will find a way to modify the room behind into this ship, even though it won't be easy.
The stability will be sacrified for this. Most of the time we see the interior of this ship in the series, so it's kind of sad Jerac did not put the feature in it, nevertheless this is one of the, if not the best looking moc I have ever seen.
Will take the average person at least a few seconds to see that this is made out of Lego.

From where do you got the information that there will be the Marshal Banana falcon instractions soon?

Best regards from Germany

There's a guy on Flickr who reverse-engineered Marshal Bananas Falcon and is in the process of making instructions for it. Not sure if BV will sell it or not.

On 2/9/2021 at 1:31 AM, Evergreen said:

There's a guy on Flickr who reverse-engineered Marshal Bananas Falcon and is in the process of making instructions for it. Not sure if BV will sell it or not.

Sorry for OT, somehow I am not allowed to send private messages.
Can you send me the site of this guy?